Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23784
View in linear mode

Subject: "E-Brake is to long!" Previous topic | Next topic
AwallMay-07-04 02:47 PM
Member since Mar 26th 2004
8 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23784, "E-Brake is to long!"

Does anyone here think our e-brakes are way to long and obtrusive. Well I did... and finally cut, shortened and lowered it. I wanted a clean look to my consol and a clearer path to my carputer touch screen. It's still functional and you don't even know it's there.

Just wanted to post so everyone knew someone was dumb enough to do this. I'm very happy with the results. Good for show.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: E-Brake is to long!, Mannyyy, May-08-04 08:35 AM, #1
RE: E-Brake is to long!, Blk95GS, May-08-04 04:06 PM, #2
RE: E-Brake is to long!, Awall, May-09-04 10:43 AM, #3
RE: E-Brake is to long!, HadesOmega, May-09-04 12:51 PM, #4
      RE: E-Brake is to long!, Blk95GS, May-09-04 01:13 PM, #5
           RE: E-Brake is to long!, Awall, May-10-04 09:55 AM, #6

MannyyyMay-08-04 08:35 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23787, "RE: E-Brake is to long!"
In response to Reply # 0

Post some pictures of it, I wanna see how it turned out.

-Manny

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Blk95GSMay-08-04 04:06 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#23788, "RE: E-Brake is to long!"
In response to Reply # 1

take some pics for sure. did you retain the button on top?

Travis

AwallMay-09-04 10:43 AM
8 posts,
#23795, "RE: E-Brake is to long!"
In response to Reply # 0

I will post some pics as soon as I can get ahold of a friends camera.

No, I did away with the button and plugged the hole. I still need to fabricate a way to lock it into place. (I was in a hurry to get the dang thing out of the way.) Or maybe I won't... I have an automatic and all I'm really worried about is having it there in case I were to ever to lose my brakes.

HadesOmegaMay-09-04 12:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#23796, "RE: E-Brake is to long!"
In response to Reply # 3

I rather like the ebrake in the 2gnt

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Blk95GSMay-09-04 01:13 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
#23797, "RE: E-Brake is to long!"
In response to Reply # 4

how do you get the lever to release? i haven't looked at it close enough to see how it works but it seems like if you chopped the button off there's no brake release.

Travis

AwallMay-10-04 09:55 AM
8 posts,
#23811, "RE: E-Brake is to long!"
In response to Reply # 5

I didn't chop the bottom... I only cut approximately 5-6 inches from the middle of the brake handle and welded it back together. This not only shortened it but lowered it as well. I'm still working on the release part of the project.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23784 Previous topic | Next topic