Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23439
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??" Previous topic | Next topic
98starGSApr-10-04 02:11 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23439, "Poll question: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"

i have eibach sportlines and 18's i added 3 but i'm waitin on my shocks (illuminas) so while i have everything i apart i wanted to check to see what took care of everyone elses camber issues.

Poll result (9 votes)
whats a camber kit (0 votes)Vote
1 (0 votes)Vote
2 (0 votes)Vote
3 (0 votes)Vote
i like cheese (9 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, Blk95GS, Apr-10-04 05:24 PM, #1
RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, Pitchblack98, Apr-10-04 06:36 PM, #2
      RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, jsupetran, Apr-10-04 06:42 PM, #3
           RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, Mannyyy, Apr-10-04 07:09 PM, #4
                RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, Blizare, Apr-10-04 07:52 PM, #5
                RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, BuckNutty, Apr-10-04 07:52 PM, #6
                     RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, 98starGS, Apr-10-04 10:37 PM, #7
                     RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, willmayo, Apr-11-04 11:15 AM, #8
                          RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, eclipsekaiser, Apr-12-04 01:06 PM, #9
                               RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, 98starGS, Apr-12-04 01:50 PM, #10
                                    RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, eclipse_99rs, Apr-15-04 05:58 PM, #11
                                         RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, iamnotwhoiam, Apr-16-04 11:55 AM, #12
                                              RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, ughhhead, Apr-18-04 11:42 AM, #13
                                                   RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, Ryan_Hes, Apr-20-04 04:46 AM, #14
                                                        RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??, AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Apr-20-04 03:48 PM, #15

Blk95GSApr-10-04 05:24 PM
Member since Jan 22nd 2002
214 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23442, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 0

i used the thinner "fender washers" on mine, so it's actually at 7 right now and could use a lil more... we'll see how i feel about bringing the brackets out much further, once my tires wear a bit.

Travis

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pitchblack98Apr-10-04 06:36 PM
Member since Jan 11th 2003
1691 posts,
#23444, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 1

i used 5 so i voted for cheese...

jsupetranApr-10-04 06:42 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#23445, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 2

5 on prokits. You can't get away with sportlines on the 15 dollar mod though.

-------jezreel
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dr. uber groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

MannyyyApr-10-04 07:09 PM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#23448, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 3

Six

-Manny

BlizareApr-10-04 07:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#23449, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 4

4 with GC Coilovers...stil about -.5 but that is good tho.

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

BuckNuttyApr-10-04 07:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#23450, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 4

can you use the $15 camber mod on gold lines...eh....i assume not

98starGSApr-10-04 10:37 PM
528 posts,
#23455, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 6

so you guys are tellin me i'm f****ed?? or what?? i still have a bunch of washers from that ingalls kit. could i use a level won't i get the tires mounted?? and see if i'm close i mean i ran 18's kumos 712s on stock shocks with the sportlines for about 20k and the tires didn't get bad till about 17k...

willmayoApr-11-04 11:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
680 posts,
#23464, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 6
Apr-11-04 11:15 AM by willmayo

Originally posted by BuckNutty
can you use the $15 camber mod on gold lines...eh....i assume not

i did. dont really know how much it helped, maybe i'll throw it on the alignment rack tomorrow and let you know. but as far as tire wear its nothing noticable yet, and from a glance the camber doesnt look bad. from what i remember from the last time i threw it on the rack the camber was within spec.

edit: i used 5 washers btw

--------------------
99 GS-Turbo 3.55 MTX
S16G @ ~15psi - FMIC - Forged Internals
Clinton Township, MI

eclipsekaiserApr-12-04 01:06 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#23505, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 8

One thing some of you guys fail to mention is the thickness of the washers you are using. I pulled my RRE rear camber kit last night and measured the thickness of the bushing.

It is around 3.975mm

RRE claims their set up is good for +2 degrees.

So I am going to say pusing the arm out 3.975mm = 2* correction.

Any more comment on this? please post.

-K-

98starGSApr-12-04 01:50 PM
528 posts,
#23506, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 9

good point... i'll measure mine tomorrow for for reference but i'm using the ingalls kit part # 35870.

eclipse_99rsApr-15-04 05:58 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#23542, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 10

I have i think 5 in mine with sportlines. I have had my falken ziex for almost two years. There is a little wear on the insides but i rotate them every now and then.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

iamnotwhoiamApr-16-04 11:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2361 posts,
#23555, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 11

5 or 6 on mine with prokits.. dont recall the exact number but this gets it pretty close to speck..

-Jason

97 Talon ESi-T (forever in progress...)

95 GS (Gone)
16.74@83.18mph
119.8 whp - 113.3 lbs/ft

2GNT #677
My Wiki Page: www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=Iamnotwhoiam
Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/iamnotwhoiam/Talon/

ughhheadApr-18-04 11:42 AM
Member since Jul 05th 2003
775 posts,
#23580, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 12

i too used fender washers, i'm using 8 washers on goldline springs and tokico hp shocks.

Ryan_HesApr-20-04 04:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#23598, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 13

4 washers

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonApr-20-04 03:48 PM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#23605, "RE: $15 camber kit, how many washers did you use??"
In response to Reply # 14

Here is a conversion from Ingalls kit to cheap washers.....

The ingalls washers are 5mm thick. each washer equals 1/2 degree of camber adjustment. on prokits i used 2 5mm thick washers. bolts supplied with the ingalls kit at 10mm x 1.25 thread 1.5 inches long.

Terry

96 Eagle talon ESI
rear disk conversion Star Stage II - Optima locate in the hatch - momo Steering wheel - Boost/oil/EGT gauges, HKS TT

97 Eclipse
Greddy header/evo exhaust - Stage 2 6 puck Sprung hub MIBA clutch - Shortened shifter - Koni Yellows w/eibach prokit - Stillen Fr/Rr swaybars - DEI Keyless entry alarm - Niche 17" Shoks

Waiting to be installed: Apexi AFC, HKS EVC IV, ceramic intake, 450 Turbo injectors, SFMU/return line, GSX Front brakes (need rotors)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23439 Previous topic | Next topic