Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23165
View in linear mode

Subject: "odd shaking" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonMar-23-04 09:26 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23165, "odd shaking"

I posted a while back about hubcentric rings (NOT SPACERS), because I didn't get any 2 yrs ago when I bought the wheels. I still havn't been able to make them, but I noticed on the highway that the steering wheel would shake pretty bad for a while, then dissappear, then come back, then dissappear. you could almost set a clock to it (frequency dependent on speed of car).

could it just be off balance wheels? or could it be no hubcentric rings? what else could it be?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bulloxMar-23-04 10:23 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#23166, "RE: odd shaking"
In response to Reply # 0

wheels might be unbalanced, maybe uneven wear of the tires

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

98starGSMar-23-04 02:42 PM
Member since Nov 11th 2003
528 posts,
#23171, "RE: odd shaking"
In response to Reply # 1

if it hit a pot hole hard enough u may have bent the belts in the tires. just something else to think about

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #23165 Previous topic | Next topic