Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #230
View in linear mode

Subject: "Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......" Previous topic | Next topic
GSsportDec-17-00 02:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#230, "Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"

ARE AWESOME!...I have had them a week and are worth every penny in my opinion. My brakes don't lock up anymore, they look awesome, very quiet, very little brake dust and the car stops safely in a dime. They are great and I would recommend doing the upgrade if you have the money to do so. Now all I need is a turbo kit so I can go as fast as I stop. C-ya later guys

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......, TeamStan2gnt, Dec-17-00 04:47 PM, #1
RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......, GSsport, Dec-18-00 08:28 AM, #2
RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......, Skrilla, Dec-18-00 10:53 AM, #3
RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......, TeamStan2gnt, Dec-18-00 03:23 PM, #4
RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......, Administratoradmin, Dec-18-00 06:05 PM, #5
RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......, fly1, Dec-19-00 12:04 PM, #6
porterfields are good, ModeratorVX100, Dec-19-00 12:28 PM, #7

TeamStan2gntDec-17-00 04:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#231, "RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"
In response to Reply # 0

LAST EDITED ON 17-Dec-00 AT 09:50 PM (PST)

I dont know about metal masters. Sometimes they stop on a dime and some times they aren't worth a damn. Problem is I cant determine when they're gonna be great and when there not. Seems like they dont like too much heat but dont like too little either. There great in their range (where ever that is. Dont know where it is but know when I'm in it). They are quiet and hardly dust at all (except after a rain where they leave the most awful clay red residue). All in all better than stock but I'll be trying EBC green or Performance Friction next. BTW not locking up isn't a characteristic of stronger brakes but I guess its not a bad quality either.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
Stan2gnt@yahoo.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GSsportDec-18-00 08:28 AM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
#232, "RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"
In response to Reply # 1

I was wondering what that red crap was. I know exactly what you mean. My brakes on the front were worn down to the metal and they were locking up then. That is what I meant by not locking anymore. I do know what you mean also about sometimes you don't feel like you are stopping....mostly when they are cold I get that. Thanks for your input, and when you switch pads please let me and the rest of us know the outcome. If you get success with the switch I will change them also. See ya

SkrillaDec-18-00 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#233, "RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"
In response to Reply # 1

On the old board you mentioned Carbotech and some other GOOd pads. I have Haakes. Could you tell me the others and where I could find out about the EBC's or Performance Friction.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamStan2gntDec-18-00 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#234, "RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"
In response to Reply # 3

http://www.ebc-brakes.com
http://www.hawkperformance.com
http://carbotecheng.com
http://www.Porterfield-brakes.com

the only reviews/comments I ever pay attention to are from grassroots motorsports http://grassrootsmotorsports.com becuase they are all about autocrossing and more useful for anything suspension/braking than typical import magazines will ever be. Now if I were completely happy with metal masters I would say the hell with trying something else they work for me. So if you have them and are happy keep them. they aren't bad enough for me to change them before they wear out. I just noticed that most people use metal masters as upgrade pads yet most autocrossers use everything but. Autocross pads are ideal for spirited street driving and grassroots even classified metal masters as autocross pads. All I know is I want better and a big brake upgrade is out of the question since I plan on using 14" wheels to drag with (whenever that happens).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
Stan2gnt@yahoo.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

AdministratoradminDec-18-00 06:05 PM
Donating 2GNT member
100 posts,
#235, "RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"
In response to Reply # 1

I read an article on brake pad compounds a way back, and I think the 'red clay residue' is from the brass metal in the matrix.

Thats the thing I hate about the Metal Masters, the nasty brown crap on my rims. However, by all accounts it varies from person to person, some get a lot of dust, some not much, some brown, some black. I guess there is a lot of variation in the compound or something.

I'm planning on trying out the Green Stuff when I upgrade my brakes sometime over the next few months.

juan

fly1Dec-19-00 12:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1470 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#236, "RE: Powerslot rotors and Metal Master pads......"
In response to Reply # 0

I know the guys at my local performance fairly well and they've told me that the Metal Masters (Axxis) pads are probably the best overall (braking/longevity/brake dust). The other pads out there might not leave any residue but, they could tear up your rotors and noisy too.

~Fly1

"Sometimes, a man has to do what a man has to do."

ModeratorVX100Dec-19-00 12:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#237, "porterfields are good"
In response to Reply # 6

the guys in my area who autocross heavily reccomend porterfield pads, specifically the R4S pads which are for the street and, from what they say, put out almost no brake dust and are very rotor friendly.

I'll be able to give my opinion on them as soon as they get in from RRE

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #230 Previous topic | Next topic