Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22862
View in linear mode

Subject: "Hubcentric spacers" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonMar-08-04 08:44 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22862, "Hubcentric spacers"

Yes I searched... I know that aftermarket wheels need them if they don't have the same center bore. Does anybody know where I can get some from? I tried discount tire recently (where I got the wheels from) they didn't give me them to begin with, and when I asked for some they didn't fit...

if it helps, I have Enkei 5+ 17x7's. and, what material is best? because if I can't find anyplace that will sell them, or has the right size I might actually machine my own.

I have a feeling that that is the reason for my really shaky ride.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Hubcentric spacers, jamesman, Mar-08-04 09:21 AM, #1
RE: Hubcentric spacers, Diceman19, Mar-08-04 02:23 PM, #2
      RE: Hubcentric spacers, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-09-04 04:51 AM, #3
           RE: Hubcentric spacers, AznKaos15, Mar-09-04 05:10 PM, #4
                RE: Hubcentric spacers, MCubed45, Mar-09-04 06:55 PM, #5
                     RE: Hubcentric spacers, Eagle 5, Mar-10-04 03:50 AM, #6
                          RE: Hubcentric spacers, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-10-04 04:26 AM, #7
                               RE: Hubcentric spacers, jamesman, Mar-10-04 05:17 AM, #8
                                    RE: Hubcentric spacers, Eagle 5, Mar-10-04 07:30 AM, #9
                                    RE: Hubcentric spacers, AznKaos15, Mar-10-04 10:53 AM, #10
                                         RE: Hubcentric spacers, 95_ESi_Person, Mar-11-04 07:17 AM, #11
                                         RE: Hubcentric spacers, turbo8u, Mar-11-04 07:28 AM, #12
                                              RE: Hubcentric spacers, Skrilla, Mar-11-04 07:48 AM, #14
                                    RE: Hubcentric spacers, Skrilla, Mar-11-04 07:47 AM, #13
                                         RE: Hubcentric spacers, Eagle 5, Mar-11-04 07:52 AM, #15
                                         RE: Hubcentric spacers, turbo8u, Mar-11-04 08:37 AM, #16
                                              RE: Hubcentric spacers, MCubed45, Mar-11-04 10:28 AM, #17
                                              RE: Hubcentric spacers, turbo8u, Mar-11-04 10:41 AM, #18
                                                   RE: Hubcentric spacers, MCubed45, Mar-12-04 04:52 PM, #21
                                                        RE: Hubcentric spacers, AznKaos15, Mar-12-04 06:38 PM, #22
                                              RE: Hubcentric spacers, Skrilla, Mar-11-04 11:42 AM, #19
                                                   RE: Hubcentric spacers, turbo8u, Mar-11-04 11:51 AM, #20

jamesmanMar-08-04 09:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22865, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 0

check out more wheel places. hub-centric rings need to be used on our car because our hubs and wheels were designed to be that way, I mean versus lug-centric wheels. Any competent wheel place should have them. The ideal material would be Aluminum, but I have seen plastic ones also. When I bought my OZ's off of a guy on ebay, they came with the wrong size hubcentric (for a honda TL). I machined them to tolerance (they were too small). I called around to find some and most local wheel shops had lots of them, just not for OZ's becasue or their integrated retention ring and cost. You should bitch at the place that you got your wheels and tell them to order the correct ones for you. Basically what is happening now when you are not using the hucentrics, are your lugs are taking all the load of the wheel.

lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Diceman19Mar-08-04 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#22872, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 1

i got some for mine. i bought them from some guy in florida on ebay.

95_ESi_PersonMar-09-04 04:51 AM
3260 posts,
#22885, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 2

I think I've decided to make my own... what you you say that the tolerance should be? .010 inches, or less?

also, would steel be ok if I can't find some aluminum... (i should get AL no prob, but I might need steel.

AznKaos15Mar-09-04 05:10 PM
Member since May 05th 2003
256 posts,
#22905, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 3

is it such a big deal to run without them? meaning, will any damage be done and if the nuts are tight enough, will they still cause vibration? i searched and i didn't get a sure answer.

MCubed45Mar-09-04 06:55 PM
Member since Sep 17th 2002
2706 posts,
#22909, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 4

mine are plastic.. came with the rims though. and i think one've mine is cracked now...

-marc

Eagle 5Mar-10-04 03:50 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
479 posts,
#22912, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 5

what is all this talk about hubcentric crap? i have 18x7.5 tenzo r passion 5's, dont have any thing you guys are talking about, i just put the wheel on, put the lug nuts on and im good to go. never had any type of vibration problem at any speed. they have the universal 5 x 114.5 and 5x100 lug patterns but i hear about this hubcentric stuff and have no clue what you guys mean by it. how do u know you have to get something for that?

"Shop smart, shop S-Mart!" ~ Ash
Member # 1523

95_ESi_PersonMar-10-04 04:26 AM
3260 posts,
#22913, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Eagle 5
what is all this talk about hubcentric crap? i have 18x7.5 tenzo r passion 5's, dont have any thing you guys are talking about, i just put the wheel on, put the lug nuts on and im good to go. never had any type of vibration problem at any speed. they have the universal 5 x 114.5 and 5x100 lug patterns but i hear about this hubcentric stuff and have no clue what you guys mean by it. how do u know you have to get something for that?

if the center bore of the wheel is not the same as that of your factory wheel you need to have spacers because the weight is supposed to be on the hub, not the lugs.

jamesmanMar-10-04 05:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1339 posts,
#22914, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 7

I would not recommend steel, rust issues, aluminum would be best, its easy to machine and readily availiable. I think a tolerance of +- .010 would be sufficient. Basically, hubcentric wheels are made to center off the hub, hence "hub Centric". Lugcentric wheels are made to center using the lugs.

lates
james

Rest In Peace Heidi Doggy

Eagle 5Mar-10-04 07:30 AM
479 posts,
#22916, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 8

how do you know if its hubcentric or lug centric? my wheels when put on the lugs pretty much have no room to move in any direction. i havent had any problems with vibrations at any speed, so id "assume" im fine then.

Member # 1523

AznKaos15Mar-10-04 10:53 AM
256 posts,
#22920, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 9

who know the size of the center bore on adr/rs limited rims? i know the hub for our cars are 67.1. thanks

95_ESi_PersonMar-11-04 07:17 AM
3260 posts,
#22946, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 10

I'm trying to find the dimensions of the center bore for my enkeis, chances are that I'm gonna have to take my wheel off and carry it across campus to the production lab to measure it and machine the pieces.

turbo8uMar-11-04 07:28 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#22947, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 10

i have h&r hub centric wheel spacers on for the awkward offset on my 18's, looks so sick, stance is way more aggressive too
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

SkrillaMar-11-04 07:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#22949, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 12

where did you get them and how much?

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

SkrillaMar-11-04 07:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#22948, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 8

I am totally lost

I know many things but this is not one of them

what are hubcentric wheel spacers?

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!

Eagle 5Mar-11-04 07:52 AM
479 posts,
#22950, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 13

i agree with ^^^ im lost, are you guys talking like if your wheel offset is greater than the stock +46mm? or something completely different? Ive never heard anyone anywhere talk about hubcentric wheel spacers except on this site. i have have 3mm wheel spacers in the back but thats to keep my rear tires from rubbing the control arm. the offset on my wheels is +42mm. need explanation, if not a picture or detailed description of what we are talking about here.

Member # 1523

turbo8uMar-11-04 08:37 AM
10552 posts,
#22951, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 13
Mar-11-04 08:52 AM by turbo8u

Originally posted by Skrilla
I know many things but i am still a noob, what are hubcentric wheel spacers?

lol kn00b

add THIS to the page of skrillas ownage imo.

when getting wheel spacers it is important that the spacers must be hub centric to the vehicle hub and that the spacer must have a raised center that centers the wheel, some spacers do not have the raised center and therefore can't center the wheel. by using the wrong spacers you then force the wheel bolts to center the wheel, which is not what they're primarily designed for, also it is not safe for cornering like a mad bitch too, the wheels will pull in and put stress on the studs from the hub and sometimes, even breaking them. pulling .92g's and having a wheel come off is not cozy

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

MCubed45Mar-11-04 10:28 AM
2706 posts,
#22954, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 16
Mar-11-04 10:31 AM by MCubed45

take off your rim
see that circular nub sticking out in the middle of all the studs?
that's supposed to support the weight of the car NOT the studs.

look at your rim
see the hole in the middle? (NOT the holes for the studs)
that hole should fit perfectly and snugly around that nub sticking out on the hub.
if it doesn't you need a little ring thingy to fill up the space.

yes your wheel will stay on without it but all the weight of the car will be support by the studs. not good. our cars aren't supposed to do that.

to clarify these are COMPLETELY different from wheel spacers.
hubcentric spacers DO NOT affect how far out the wheels are.

-marc

turbo8uMar-11-04 10:41 AM
10552 posts,
#22955, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 17

Originally posted by MCubed45
hubcentric spacers DO NOT affect how far out the wheels are.

lol ooook dood , thats why i got the spacers SPECIFICALLY for that reason? and it worked exactly like it was supposed to?

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

MCubed45Mar-12-04 04:52 PM
2706 posts,
#22986, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 18
Mar-12-04 05:15 PM by MCubed45

Originally posted by turbo8u
Originally posted by MCubed45 hubcentric spacers DO NOT affect how far out the wheels are.
lol ooook dood , thats why i got the spacers SPECIFICALLY for that reason? and it worked exactly like it was supposed to?

dude you're talking about something completely different. read the thread and what he's asking about. he's not trying to push his wheels farther out. i'll post a pic later of the part. this is what i was trying to clarify because i know a lot of other people are talking about the wrong thing. if your spacers push your wheels farther out THAT IS NOT WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

maybe we're using incorrect terminology and that's where the confusion lies. this thread is about the thin little ring things which make the hub fit snugly inside the center hole on the rims. you are talking about a disc which sets the wheel farther out.

anyone know what the correct terms are?

*edit*
ok i found pics online
in this article they call them "hubcentric spacers"

http://www.mtdealer.com/ph_hubvslug_2003.cfm

now that we are all talking about the same thing, can anyone help 95_esi_person out with where to get 'em? mine came with my rims so i really don't know....

-marc

AznKaos15Mar-12-04 06:38 PM
256 posts,
#22987, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 21

i just picked some up yesterday at an autoparts store that sells rims and stuff. jus go check out rims stores. i got mine for $10

SkrillaMar-11-04 11:42 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#22956, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 16

Originally posted by Skrilla I know many things but i am still a noob, what are hubcentric wheel spacers?
lol kn00b add THIS to the page of skrillas ownage imo. when getting wheel spacers it is important that the spacers must be hub centric to the vehicle hub and that the spacer must have a raised center that centers the wheel, some spacers do not have the raised center and therefore can't center the wheel. by using the wrong spacers you then force the wheel bolts to center the wheel, which is not what they're primarily designed for, also it is not safe for cornering like a mad bitch too, the wheels will pull in and put stress on the studs from the hub and sometimes, even breaking them. pulling .92g's and having a wheel come off is not cozy _________ 96 talon esi-t san clemente, ca as needles of ice are the ill winds' talons the coldest of shadows they seep unto the bone

HOLY SHIT I've owned you more times than your fuckin post count!!!!!

*Skrilla
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by etx

turbo8uMar-11-04 11:51 AM
10552 posts,
#22957, "RE: Hubcentric spacers"
In response to Reply # 19

Originally posted by Skrilla
Originally posted by Skrilla I know many things but i am still a noob, what are hubcentric wheel spacers?
lol kn00b add THIS to the page of skrillas ownage imo. when getting wheel spacers it is important that the spacers must be hub centric to the vehicle hub and that the spacer must have a raised center that centers the wheel, some spacers do not have the raised center and therefore can't center the wheel. by using the wrong spacers you then force the wheel bolts to center the wheel, which is not what they're primarily designed for, also it is not safe for cornering like a mad bitch too, the wheels will pull in and put stress on the studs from the hub and sometimes, even breaking them. pulling .92g's and having a wheel come off is not cozy _________ 96 talon esi-t san clemente, ca as needles of ice are the ill winds' talons the coldest of shadows they seep unto the bone
HOLY SHIT I've owned you more times than your fuckin post count!!!!!

HAHAHAHA! yea right bish! go get that cable number! and cruise down tonight so we can get those fuckin rims sanded to hell. pick up some sick sandpaper too, like 100grit will work just fine for gettin the shit off, then something smoother for a finish, nothing like 600 grit though, thats just to fine and you'll go through about 90 sheets

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22862 Previous topic | Next topic