Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22759
View in linear mode

Subject: "a buddy of mine popped his axle" Previous topic | Next topic
turbo8uMar-03-04 08:12 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22759, "a buddy of mine popped his axle"

well a few days ago i met my new neighbors (WAY cool) and the guy told me about his 03 altima 2.5 that he hit a rock in the road and broke the axle, i told him it'd be no problem for me to hook him up so he said he'd pay me, just wondering what could possibly also be broken? i went and took a look last night but couldnt see much, it was dark, i need to get a better look during the day, even probably pull the wheel off to get a good look. i'm going to take some pictures later though, i'll post them up. the u-joint under the cv boot just completely popped out, nothing else really seems to messed up except the wheel has positive camber (front driver side) i was thinkin he possibly owned his a-arm too or some other suspension peice, basically he was taking a long bamked left on a underpass freeway exit at about 80 and hit a huge rock with the driver side wheel (wheel and tire are fine) slight body damage to the fender well and definately an owned axle, any input on this is appreciated....what (IYO) could have possibly broke? just trying to get an idea of what i'll be doin here

p.s (random info) this guy is LEGAL in CA to get medical bud woop
_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
are the ill winds' talons
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle, EclipseRST, Mar-03-04 08:21 AM, #1
RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle, WickedESi, Mar-03-04 08:21 AM, #2
RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle, turbo8u, Mar-03-04 09:11 AM, #3
      RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle, WickedESi, Mar-03-04 03:30 PM, #4
           RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle, turbo8u, Mar-03-04 03:43 PM, #5
                RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle, WickedESi, Mar-03-04 04:02 PM, #6

EclipseRSTMar-03-04 08:21 AM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22760, "RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by turbo8u
p.s (random info) this guy is LEGAL in CA to get medical bud woop

Is this why you said you'd accept payment to fix it?

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WickedESiMar-03-04 08:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22761, "RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle"
In response to Reply # 0

Well unless he physically broke the axle (meaning it snapped and not just broke the tripod in the cv joint) then a control arm got bent allowing it to slide out.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

turbo8uMar-03-04 09:11 AM
10552 posts,
#22762, "RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle"
In response to Reply # 2
Mar-03-04 09:12 AM by turbo8u

Originally posted by WickedESi
Well unless he physically broke the axle (meaning it snapped and not just broke the tripod in the cv joint) then a control arm got bent allowing it to slide out.

dude, breaking an axle can happen at a lot of different points. no one said it 'slid out', the cars not leaking fluid from the axle seals. the cv joint just snapped from the impact to the wheel

edit: can a mod move this to the suspension section? might get some more help there

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

WickedESiMar-03-04 03:30 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22773, "RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-03-04 03:31 PM by WickedESi

Originally posted by turbo8u
u-joint under the cv boot just completely popped out

Sorry... that's what I thought you ment.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

turbo8uMar-03-04 03:43 PM
10552 posts,
#22775, "RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by WickedESi
Originally posted by turbo8u u-joint under the cv boot just completely popped out
Sorry... that's what I thought you ment.

its all good dude

any good internet site where i could find some axles for an 03 altima? i cant find them ANYWHERE

_________
96 talon esi-t
san clemente, ca

as needles of ice
the coldest of shadows
they seep unto the bone

WickedESiMar-03-04 04:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#22778, "RE: a buddy of mine popped his axle"
In response to Reply # 5
Mar-03-04 04:03 PM by WickedESi

http://www.raxles.com/products.aspx

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22759 Previous topic | Next topic