Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22530
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rear disk conversion donor cars..." Previous topic | Next topic
TeamXtremeRSFeb-19-04 11:25 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22530, "Rear disk conversion donor cars..."

Exactly what model/year cars can I tell a junk yard to rip the rear disk parts off of? I believe the avenger/sebring parts will work right? Its very hard finding eclipses/talons out where i'm at..Also, I believe i remember someone saying that they were able to use the current e-brake lines somehow? How does that work.. Thanks for any info.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

AdministratorCODE4Feb-19-04 11:55 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22531, "RE: Rear disk conversion donor cars..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have also read a write-up saying that the drum brake emergency cables can be re-used. Others say to get new ones for disc brake set-up. If you ahve the patience get the Disc ones. Kind of a pain to feed them in though since it goes through the grommet in the floor pan and under the carpet to the center console. Worth the work IMO.

Cannot help you in terms of what cars are usably. I would imainge Avenger/Sebrings rear disc brakes would work. Check NAPAONLINE.COM and compare part numbers for different vehicles and see if they match.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

elhsupraFeb-21-04 06:56 PM
Member since Sep 12th 2003
1 posts,
#22575, "RE: Rear disk conversion donor cars..."
In response to Reply # 1

I used a Sebring rear disc on mine. The only difference i saw was the parking brake cable is a couple inches longer and the rubber grommet has to be swapped from your car onto the other cable. Put SS brake lines for a GS on at same time. So far, have had no problems.

Eric H.
98 Eclipse
82 Supra V8

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22530 Previous topic | Next topic