Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22492
View in linear mode

Subject: "manual steering for my talon" Previous topic | Next topic
96clipse_rsFeb-15-04 07:16 PM
Member since Jun 01st 2003
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22492, "manual steering for my talon"

I'm looking to get a manual steering box for my talon or try to convert my power steering to manual steering I'm currently driving without the belt and I LOVE IT it is much more stable off the line and around corners and I'm curious if there is anyway to convert it over to manual steering any help would be very appreciated

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

injendsmFeb-16-04 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22495, "RE: manual steering for my talon"
In response to Reply # 0

how do you like that? i remember when my ps belt blew on my eclipse last year, that shit was horrible. a lot worse than driving a car that is manual steering from the factory. to each his own tho.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WheatKingMar-01-04 08:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#22715, "RE: manual steering for my talon"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 96clipse_rs
I'm looking to get a manual steering box for my talon or try to convert my power steering to manual steering I'm currently driving without the belt and I LOVE IT it is much more stable off the line and around corners and I'm curious if there is anyway to convert it over to manual steering any help would be very appreciated

supposedly.. it's rumored that early eclipse 1.8L NT cars had manual racks.. and know the DSM parts bin engineering.. it will fit..

The best thing you could do right now.. is to remove the lines.. and plumb the right side and the left side of the rack together.. this will help a lot

and I agree.. much nicer with manual steering.. assuming you have the arms to drive like that

-- WheatKing

-- DSM Junkie --
4 - 1G talons
4 - Avenger/sebrings
1 - Jeep to tow em home when they break

Diceman19Mar-01-04 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#22717, "RE: manual steering for my talon"
In response to Reply # 2

me want manual steering

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-01-04 08:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#22718, "RE: manual steering for my talon"
In response to Reply # 3

That isn't a rumor, it is a fact. Some 1.8L 1G's came with manual racks. However, being a 1G i doubt it would fit a 2g.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

theallpowerfulmeMar-02-04 08:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1629 posts,
#22742, "RE: manual steering for my talon"
In response to Reply # 4

i think some base talons/eclipses came w/o power steering. look for a rs with no wing and no a/c should be manual steering. I think mabye two guys on here have it.

Lane Adams

1998 GST Spyder
1995 GSX
1995 TSI AWD

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22492 Previous topic | Next topic