Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22328
View in linear mode

Subject: "Get Tein's......" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBaldFeb-08-04 12:32 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2715 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22328, "Get Tein's......"

Worth every bit of the $685 I pd for them. After four different suspensions on three different cars, this is by far the best setup yet. The ride is smooth...and handles like a pro. Even doing 90mph on the highway and felt like i am on air suspension. Two Thumbs up from me...

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Get Tein's......, jsupetran, Feb-08-04 12:44 PM, #1
RE: Get Tein's......, a_miller_76, Feb-08-04 12:53 PM, #2
      RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-08-04 01:02 PM, #3
           RE: Get Tein's......, Clay, Feb-08-04 03:32 PM, #4
                RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-09-04 04:02 AM, #5
                     RE: Get Tein's......, a_miller_76, Feb-09-04 04:19 AM, #6
                     RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-09-04 04:23 AM, #7
                     RE: Get Tein's......, Skrilla, Feb-09-04 06:21 AM, #8
                          RE: Get Tein's......, ModeratoreclipzGST, Feb-09-04 07:22 AM, #9
                               RE: Get Tein's......, Shockeclipse, Feb-09-04 08:40 AM, #10
                                    RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-09-04 09:23 AM, #11
                                         RE: Get Tein's......, Initial DSM, Feb-10-04 07:35 AM, #12
                                              RE: Get Tein's......, injendsm, Feb-10-04 07:38 AM, #13
                                              RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-10-04 07:41 AM, #14
                                                   RE: Get Tein's......, Initial DSM, Feb-10-04 08:16 AM, #15
                                                        RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-10-04 09:52 AM, #16
                                                             RE: Get Tein's......, Initial DSM, Feb-10-04 03:28 PM, #17
                                                                  RE: Get Tein's......, mcgyvr, Feb-10-04 03:45 PM, #18
                                                                       RE: Get Tein's......, Initial DSM, Feb-11-04 07:36 AM, #19
                                                                       RE: Get Tein's......, extreme97nt, Feb-11-04 05:19 PM, #20
                                                                            RE: Get Tein's......, Initial DSM, Feb-11-04 07:28 PM, #21
                                                                            RE: Get Tein's......, BigBald, Feb-12-04 07:14 AM, #22
                                                                       RE: Get Tein's......, Shockeclipse, Feb-15-04 05:05 PM, #23
                                                                            RE: Get Tein's......, CopperEclipse96, Feb-15-04 05:47 PM, #24
                                                                                 RE: Get Tein's......, Shockeclipse, Feb-16-04 07:35 PM, #25

jsupetranFeb-08-04 12:44 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22330, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 0

Which model? Is it a true coilovers?

-------jezreel
hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!
thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

a_miller_76Feb-08-04 12:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#22331, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by jsupetran
Which model? Is it a true coilovers? -------jezreel hrc stage 1, sfmu, ml, prokits, egt, boost gauge, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!! thanks for www.kaptainmyke.com for the sig hosting

He has the basics with added upper pillow ball mounts.

BigBaldFeb-08-04 01:02 PM
2715 posts,
#22332, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes they are true coilovers....

ClayFeb-08-04 03:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#22333, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 3

You were able to fit the upper pillow mounts on the "Basic?!" I'm assuming you bought the upper pillow mounts for the Flex model?

Tein service reps told me that the pillow mounts only fit the Flex model, because the springs are wider than the Basic and SS. Tein, so far, is still in the R&D with the pillow mount for the SS.

95 GST | So-Cal

BigBaldFeb-09-04 04:02 AM
2715 posts,
#22336, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 4

I don't have the upper pillow mounts as i am using stock. You can use them on the basic and/or the SS models if you like. WHen i spoke to Tein, they told me that it can be used on any of those three setups. Here is a pic of mines:

a_miller_76Feb-09-04 04:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#22337, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 5

I thought you told me the other day you had the pillow mounts. Sorry

BigBaldFeb-09-04 04:23 AM
2715 posts,
#22338, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by a_miller_76
I thought you told me the other day you had the pillow mounts. Sorry

Nah, I said you can order them with these if that is what you want. There are manily for camber issues for those who like to ride really low. THey are not a bad thing to have.

SkrillaFeb-09-04 06:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#22346, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by BigBald
I don't have the upper pillow mounts as i am using stock. You can use them on the basic and/or the SS models if you like. WHen i spoke to Tein, they told me that it can be used on any of those three setups. Here is a pic of mines:

Those are fuckin sweet, what is there site? where did you buy? direct?

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

ModeratoreclipzGSTFeb-09-04 07:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#22347, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 8

Yeah bro, thats a REAL good price. Where did you get them?

Originally posted by Avenger
When I raise the BS flag ... it's a really big fucking flag and I raise it really fucking high too.

"Never whistle while your pissing." ~The illuminatus Trilogy

ShockeclipseFeb-09-04 08:40 AM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#22351, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 9

Welcome to the tein family...

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

BigBaldFeb-09-04 09:23 AM
2715 posts,
#22352, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 10
Feb-09-04 09:26 AM by BigBald

Northeast Auto Design has them for that price......Hopefully i can get my flash card working and post up pics of them on the car later.

Initial DSMFeb-10-04 07:35 AM
Member since Sep 23rd 2003
2833 posts,
#22407, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 11

welcome

You still riding on stock height?

injendsmFeb-10-04 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6844 posts,
#22408, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 12

www.horsepowerfreaks.com has the basic coilover setup for 669, the ss for around 900 and the flex for about 1200. im buying my setup from them.

www.gregsorrells.com

http://ubanimator.com>

BigBaldFeb-10-04 07:41 AM
2715 posts,
#22409, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by Initial DSM
welcome You still riding on stock height?

not me....I have mines at about 16" to the fender in the rear and 14" to the fender in the front. They recomend 13.5" all the way around but i don't see how that is possible. I am getting some 17s soon and after that i will make the real adjustment.

Initial DSMFeb-10-04 08:16 AM
2833 posts,
#22412, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 14
Feb-10-04 08:18 AM by Initial DSM

I gotta ride in your car soon one day to feel the difference. I suspect its not as serious (stiff) ride as mine; but what size tires you plan on running? (I'm 1.7" in the front 1.5" in the back)and 215's tires wanna get bigger ones and go to my 16" stockers maybe.

BigBaldFeb-10-04 09:52 AM
2715 posts,
#22414, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 15

I plan on running 215/45/17 unless i can find a good price on some 17 x 7.5 tires then i will run 225/45/17. How do you know how low you are?

Initial DSMFeb-10-04 03:28 PM
2833 posts,
#22425, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 16

I had the aligmnent place measure it from stock.

mcgyvrFeb-10-04 03:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#22427, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 17

do the EDFC servo heads actually fit ontop without hitting the hood??

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Initial DSMFeb-11-04 07:36 AM
2833 posts,
#22430, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by mcgyvr

Yeah no problem; theyre small, and i even got the strut bar over them so its fine.

extreme97ntFeb-11-04 05:19 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1649 posts,
#22441, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 19

Is it wort the extra 300 to get the flex rather than the ss?

best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)

Initial DSMFeb-11-04 07:28 PM
2833 posts,
#22443, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 20

Its just convience of quickly changing the setting from inside the car; although Ive never drove in a car with SS's yet

BigBaldFeb-12-04 07:14 AM
2715 posts,
#22445, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by extreme97nt
Is it wort the extra 300 to get the flex rather than the ss? best time so far 14.3 @ 101.1mph(no traction)

the $300 difference is the price of the pillow upper mount. Other then that they are vritually the same. Also, with flex you have the potential of the EDFC.

ShockeclipseFeb-15-04 05:05 PM
2139 posts,
#22487, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by mcgyvr

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

CopperEclipse96Feb-15-04 05:47 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#22489, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 23

what all can you adjust with the EDFC?

i might have to look into the teins since I'm going to be getting some new suspension parts this summer. and since I don't know much about coil-overs, what kind of camber correction do you need with these suckers?

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

ShockeclipseFeb-16-04 07:35 PM
2139 posts,
#22503, "RE: Get Tein's......"
In response to Reply # 24

Originally posted by CopperEclipse96
what all can you adjust with the EDFC? i might have to look into the teins since I'm going to be getting some new suspension parts this summer. and since I don't know much about coil-overs, what kind of camber correction do you need with these suckers?

I have yet to install my edfc yet..
features:
1. Damping force control function (16 levels / 32 levels)
2. Damping force level maintaining function
4. Damping force level memory function
5. Damping force level resetting function
6. Self-checking/warning function
blah blah...
check out this
http://www.tein.com/edfc.html

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #22328 Previous topic | Next topic