Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21861
View in linear mode

Subject: "Brake Squeaking, need info plz." Previous topic | Next topic
InspekdahSep-01-01 03:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21861, "Brake Squeaking, need info plz."

My brakes are squeaking at slow speeds, when I do a light, but long brake at slower speeds I get a LOUD screetching noise, kind of like a bus braking. Don't have any problems when I power brake, or brake after going above 30 mphs. I just added some brake pad cleaner, sprayed them up, supposed to help with squeaks don't know if that will do tho. They're new pads and shaved rotors (700 miles old, 2 weeks)

------------------------------

Ride-> Red AT 1995 Eclipse GS
Location-> NY
Mods-> * All Pending *
*AEM Cold Air Intake/OR Iceman
*Aerospeed Muffler/OR Borla Muffler

Join #2gnt on irc.dal.net, also... give me info on which to choose above

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., TeamDeanoD, Sep-01-01 04:44 PM, #1
RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., HadesOmega, Sep-01-01 05:19 PM, #2
      RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., Inspekdah, Sep-02-01 02:36 AM, #3
           RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., Irfan, Sep-02-01 06:19 AM, #4
                RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., HkEclipseTkD, Jan-08-04 03:51 PM, #5
                RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., bullox, Jan-08-04 05:02 PM, #6
                     RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz., b-rok, Jan-09-04 06:39 AM, #7

TeamDeanoDSep-01-01 04:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21862, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 0

Did you seat the pads properly?

Did you drive like an old lady for a week or so of street driving?

If your answer is no to the above two questions, you might try a little mild grit sand paper to the brake pads and fine grit to the rotor surface.

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaSep-01-01 05:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#21863, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 1

You might need to put that no squeal brake goop (I forgot what they call it) on the back of your brake pads. Remember the back not the front hehe!

95' Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Autometer Bezel Gauge Holder & Modified A/F Ratio Gauge | B&M Super Oil Cooler | Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings | JAZ Oil Catchcan | Performance Muffler | HKS Air Filter | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | 97' Spyder Eclipse 5 Spoke Wheels | HKS TYPE 1 Turbo Timer | Star Stage 1 T3/T04E BB Turbo Kit | Schroth Autocontrol 3-Point Harness | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

InspekdahSep-02-01 02:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7 posts,
#21864, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 2

How do I get around back? take the wheel off?

------------------------------

Ride-> Red AT 1995 Eclipse GS
Location-> NY
Mods-> * All Pending *
*AEM Cold Air Intake/OR Iceman
*Aerospeed Muffler/OR Borla Muffler

Join #2gnt on irc.dal.net, also... give me info on which to choose above

IrfanSep-02-01 06:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#21865, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 3

you'll have to take the wheel, rotors and calipers to get to the back pf the pads.. i think he meant the actual backside of the pads, like the part you dont see when they are in the calipers.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

HkEclipseTkDJan-08-04 03:51 PM
Member since Oct 20th 2003
4 posts,
#21866, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 4

I have that same exact problem. I've eve taken it i nto get the brakes checked out, see If I missed something. Twice they've just said its brake-dust. However some days it doesn't happen, otehrs it does. Its garage kept, but when I go to school and leave it out all day, it squeaks again on the ride home. Sometimes it gets just like a school busses brakes and its really annoying. Guys told me to go heavy on the brakes once or twice to clear off the dust, but I've tried that and no solution yet... e-mail me if you find the problem causing this. CuriousGeorge219@hotmail.com

bulloxJan-08-04 05:02 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#21867, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by Irfan
you'll have to take the wheel, rotors and calipers to get to the back pf the pads..

NO you don't have to take the rotors off to get to the pads. Just take the wheel off and take out the 2 caliper pins on the back of the caliper (top and bottom) I think its a 14mm.

You can do it in about 20 minutes.

Quote by Travis Bickle
Some day a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the streets.

b-rokJan-09-04 06:39 AM
Member since Jan 06th 2004
24 posts,
#21868, "RE: Brake Squeaking, need info plz."
In response to Reply # 6

The squeeling could be caused by the clip on the back of the brake pad. If it is not seated properly, or it is a little loose, it can vibrate and that vibration can cause the squeel.

BP

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21861 Previous topic | Next topic