Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21530
View in linear mode

Subject: "ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP" Previous topic | Next topic
jayarDec-14-03 06:14 PM
Member since Dec 14th 2003
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21530, "ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"

Currently I have the tockiko non adjustable shocks with the sprint springs but my rear shocks blew up and makes it bounce a lot! What is the best suspension set up I can get since my front is still good, please give me advice on what to do quickly, i am lowered two inches, and I might want to raise this thing since its a pain driving too low. I want to ride smooth, a lil low but not that low, and not bouncy at all. thank you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, pfmicks, Dec-14-03 08:50 PM, #1
RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, AdministratorCODE4, Dec-15-03 06:48 AM, #2
      RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Mystic511, Dec-16-03 10:07 AM, #3
           RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, shybuck, Dec-16-03 05:03 PM, #4
           RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, eclipse_gs_1512, Dec-16-03 05:06 PM, #5
                RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Skrilla, Dec-17-03 06:17 AM, #6
                     RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Amish_Eclipse, Dec-17-03 12:45 PM, #7
                     RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, WickedESi, Dec-17-03 07:21 PM, #8
                          RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Diceman19, Dec-18-03 02:45 AM, #9
           RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, REV_GSlow, Dec-20-03 11:34 AM, #10
                RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, bullox, Dec-21-03 12:10 PM, #11
                RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, CopperEclipse96, Dec-21-03 06:28 PM, #12
                     RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, shybuck, Dec-23-03 02:08 PM, #13
                RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Nackers, Dec-25-03 07:29 PM, #14
                     RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Teametx, Dec-26-03 09:10 PM, #15
                          RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP, Clay, Dec-30-03 10:12 AM, #16

pfmicksDec-14-03 08:50 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21532, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 0

I have the same shocks as you and I love them. IMO buy new tokico shocks and get some better springs. If I had to do it over I would get some Eibach Sportline springs, my H&R sports are nice in front, but too high in back for my taste. Good luck

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

AdministratorCODE4Dec-15-03 06:48 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#21533, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 1

My plan is to buy a set of Ground Controls (adjustable ride height 0-3") with Koni Reds (adjustable). Ground Controls use Eibach springs as well.

---

2012 2500HD LML

Mystic511Dec-16-03 10:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#21554, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 2

eibach pro-kits and tokico illuminas.

The pro-kit drop is just right. 1.5" may not seem that much, but even with that, i have trouble on certain roads and ramps. You can still see wheelgap, but you always will in an eclipse. I think you have to drop like 4 inches before that bish disappears. The pro-kits are a good comfortable right and made my car handle like a beast.

The illuminas are adjustable, and that allows you to set up your car for racing or cruising.

I love my setup and I don't think i'd ever change it.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

shybuckDec-16-03 05:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#21571, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 3

how bout sportlines and illumina's?

eclipse_gs_1512Dec-16-03 05:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#21572, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 4

sportlines are a very harsh ride...i like the prokits way bette

2007 wrx

SkrillaDec-17-03 06:17 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#21573, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 5

Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512
sportlines are a very harsh ride...i like the prokits way bette

sportlines can be shitty because they aren't stiff enough and let your ride slam bumpstops a lot which is why the prokits are actually better

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Amish_EclipseDec-17-03 12:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#21580, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-17-03 12:49 PM by Amish_Eclipse

best suspension setup for what? if you want quality suspension you should start with coil overs. tein makes a good set for $1000 you can find at most places on the web. these replace springs and struts so if you want to compare price compare the price of springs and struts combined. that would be a great place to start and might even be enough for you. after that i would look into sway bar sets. these are usually a matter of preference. stiffer in the rear means more overstear, stiffer in front means more understear. i would recommend adding overstear considering it's a fwd car that will want to naturally understear.

according to my calculator 4 koni yellows (my stand alone strut of choice) would cost around $540-560. that plus eibach's would come close to $800. the $1000 you spend on the coilovers would perform alot better then the 800 in that setup or any mix-and-matched set you get.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

WickedESiDec-17-03 07:21 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#21586, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by Skrilla
Originally posted by eclipse_gs_1512 sportlines are a very harsh ride...i like the prokits way bette
sportlines can be shitty because they aren't stiff enough and let your ride slam bumpstops a lot which is why the prokits are actually better

I have sportlines w/ illuminas and I never hit the bumpstops. Just make sure you cut them as the instructions tell you to when installing.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Diceman19Dec-18-03 02:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#21587, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 8

i never hit my bumpstops. i cut them like 55%. i dont have much wheel gap, it will be even less when i get the 18"s on. dont worry, they are coming for spring.

REV_GSlowDec-20-03 11:34 AM
Member since Apr 26th 2002
1312 posts,
#21622, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Mystic511
You can still see wheelgap, but you always will in an eclipse. I think you have to drop like 4 inches before that bish disappears.

3.5 inches and no gap for m

EclipsedChef was my first name..Member #460!

::::..Under Construction..::::

bulloxDec-21-03 12:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6702 posts,
#21635, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by REV_GSlow
Originally posted by Mystic511 You can still see wheelgap, but you always will in an eclipse. I think you have to drop like 4 inches before that bish disappears.
3.5 inches and no gap for m

but do you have any paint on the bottom of your front bumper, that is the question.

CopperEclipse96Dec-21-03 06:28 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2003
2532 posts,
#21639, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 11

hahahahaha. it sure as hell looks nice....but I wouldn't want it that low. I'd be too scared. It's gunna be pro kits for me.

---------------------------------------

-Ian
-1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS (SOLD!)
-2006 Nissan Frontier NISMO
-2003 CBR600RR

shybuckDec-23-03 02:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
#21668, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 12

What do u guys set your illuminas to with prokits, Thats where i am going now instead of sprotlines.

NackersDec-25-03 07:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#21698, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 10

3" and barely any gap...

Ground controls, tokico Illumnias, and suspension techniques front and rear sway bars... good setup imo.

But like someone said before... I was thinking about it after we got everything and it would have been well worth the extra 200 bucks to just get Tein Coilovers, but its too late for that now...

Allwell... this setup isn't that bad at all. Really really stiff... just like I like it, though with the sway bars if I jeark the wheel its so responsive that I'm afraid that I'm going to loose control... right when the wheel is turned the car is instantly where you want it... it feels awesome in corners

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

TeametxDec-26-03 09:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#21713, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 14

Get the Tein SS coilovers for sure. they are the best! The ride height and strut stiffnes are adjustible.

ClayDec-30-03 10:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1790 posts,
#21771, "RE: ADVISE ON THE BEST SUSPENSION SET UP"
In response to Reply # 15

Full coilover setups are the way to go. Although i'd have to say TEIN SS as well .

95 GST | So-Cal

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #21530 Previous topic | Next topic