Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #213
View in linear mode

Subject: "19" on a lowered Eclipse?" Previous topic | Next topic
GSwede96Dec-14-00 06:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#213, "19" on a lowered Eclipse?"

I am gettin sponsors for my car and I have been promised 19x8 HRE 543 on it...I am just a little bit nervous if I can fit them in at all..anyone goes with 19" over there?
If so..did it work without mods on the fender edge or did oyu have to roll out the edges?
Any info is appreciated!!!

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?, Skrilla, Dec-14-00 06:58 AM, #1
RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?, GSwede96, Dec-14-00 07:04 AM, #2
      RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?, TeamStan2gnt, Dec-14-00 08:04 AM, #3
           RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?, GSwede96, Dec-14-00 08:22 AM, #4
                RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?, cyan, Dec-14-00 08:36 AM, #5
                     RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?, GSwede96, Dec-14-00 06:58 PM, #6

SkrillaDec-14-00 06:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#214, "RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 0

I have seen 19's on a lowered Eclipse but that's it I don't know how they got them on or anything I just know it's possible. I wouldn't go with that much rim, it get heavy at 18+ inch rims

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology is the Only Substitute for Displacment"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GSwede96Dec-14-00 07:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#215, "RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 1

hmm..well I have to...on any showcar you know these days its minmum 18 inch..if you want to be alittle special you go on 19-20"....if not youre just one of the others.And since they are free for me I thought I would go with 19...could look relly cool:-))) Since I dont race witht he car I dont need to worry about weight or handling with those..if I race I use mu regular 17":ers

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

TeamStan2gntDec-14-00 08:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#216, "RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 2

I've seen more than one with 19s and they were street driven so its possible. With proper tire selection overall diameter shouldn't change much. HRE only makes custon to order rims (at least they used to) so they should have the offset right. You obviously need coilovers since your car is for show. You'll need to slam it to the ground anyway at shows then raise it to your desired height on the street.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
Stan2gnt@yahoo.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

GSwede96Dec-14-00 08:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#217, "RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 3

hmm..yes coilovers will be in to..as soon as i find good ones...any suggestions?

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

cyanDec-14-00 08:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#218, "RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 4

i have 19x8 konigs with 225/35 Nitto 555s. i cut the rear fenders a few millimeters when i had 18s because im down about 2.5 inches. you cant cut more than a centimeter without splitting the weld on the fender.
just make sure you get the offset right because if the wheel is outside the fender lip you wont be able to correct the camber without crushing the rim on the fender. and get 35 series tires obviously.

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

GSwede96Dec-14-00 06:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
345 posts,
#219, "RE: 19" on a lowered Eclipse?"
In response to Reply # 5

wel i am going down only 1,5....but on shows even more probably so...I will lok into that...thanx for all help guys...always a pleasure to lok here and see all the knowledg ))

1997 GST Spyder
My car on

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #213 Previous topic | Next topic