Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20939
View in linear mode

Subject: "here's a toughy... bolt question" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonNov-06-03 11:23 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20939, "here's a toughy... bolt question"

ok, on the front of the car, you know the curvey lower control arm... there are two bolts holding it onto the body, a dealer told me that they were 12X35 bolts (metric 17mm head) is that a 1.25 pitch thread? AND... what grade is it in? i want 8, but that's english, not metric.... what's the metric equivelant?

thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, TeamDR1665, Nov-07-03 05:57 AM, #1
RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, Nackers, Nov-07-03 06:43 AM, #2
RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, 95_ESi_Person, Nov-07-03 06:55 AM, #3
      RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, Nackers, Nov-07-03 07:04 AM, #4
           RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, TeamXtremeRS, Nov-07-03 03:37 PM, #5
                RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Nov-07-03 04:24 PM, #6
                     RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, 95_ESi_Person, Nov-07-03 08:23 PM, #7
                          RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, thedawg, Nov-10-03 09:47 AM, #8
                               RE: here's a toughy... bolt question, 95_ESi_Person, Nov-10-03 10:53 AM, #9

TeamDR1665Nov-07-03 05:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20967, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 0

Really fucking hard bolt, chap."

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

NackersNov-07-03 06:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#20968, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 1

Why don't you just order it from Satan? I know they can get it for you.

I don't know if they are the same but I have the part numbers for the rear lower control arm. We did the rear sway bar and I had to get the bolts for the rear lower control arm from satan. They charged $4 a piece...

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

95_ESi_PersonNov-07-03 06:55 AM
3260 posts,
#20970, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DR1665
Really fucking hard bolt, chap."

^^^ hahaha yeah

Nackers: i did originally go to Satan, well, the local 5 Star Chrysler dealer and i don't think that they wanted to order some. they told me to go to Rural King (version of farm and fleet) or Ace. Guess what?! they don't have them. or they don't have the grade i want.

wheat i really need is the grade worthy of a lower control arm (curvey one)

NackersNov-07-03 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1912 posts,
#20972, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 3
Nov-07-03 07:05 AM by Nackers

Well I say FUCK what dodge wants! You want your bolts, so tell them: "'so-and-so' is what I want, and here is the goddamn money. Now order it!"

But thats just me. Do what you like.

www.ChicagoArea240sx.Editboard.com

TeamXtremeRSNov-07-03 03:37 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#20981, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 4

Metric hardened bolts are *usually* grade 10.9 I believe that what those bolts are. You will have a hard time finding them at any hardware store. Just go to a more friendly Dodge dealer and order them...

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneNov-07-03 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14937 posts,
#20982, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 5

The lower trailing arm to frame bolts are two different lengths. Keep that in mind if you try to go Home Depot them.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95_ESi_PersonNov-07-03 08:23 PM
3260 posts,
#20983, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 6

really? hmmm dealer said they were both same length... although one side had 2 same length same head size, but the other side had one one size and length and another different head size and length...

i thought that it was the trans shop that misplaced mucho bolts on the car because they suck

thedawgNov-10-03 09:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#20999, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 7

Use the side opposite the side the tranny shop worked on as a reference then.

95_ESi_PersonNov-10-03 10:53 AM
3260 posts,
#21002, "RE: here's a toughy... bolt question"
In response to Reply # 8

they were retarded, i think they pulled all of them off. hell i was missing a bolt to a motor mount (rear one) and the other one on that mount was halfway out!

oh well

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20939 Previous topic | Next topic