Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2085
View in linear mode

Subject: "Coilover quality" Previous topic | Next topic
Dame_FlamezApr-30-01 06:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
51 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2085, "Coilover quality"

What's the REAL difference between coilovers that cost $149 and the one's that cost $449?? Is there really a $300 difference? Isn't it all basically the same?

Thanks
Damien

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HadesOmegaMay-07-01 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2086, "RE: Coilover quality"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't really know but Skunk2s are awesome! I heard WeaponR sux ass.

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | FU, RU, RL, and RRE FL Tie/Strut Bars | RS to TSi Rear Disc Mod | RS to TSi upgraded F&R Sway Bar | and 1 HiGhLy SkIlLeD DrIvEr! |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cyanMay-07-01 07:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
#2087, "RE: Coilover quality"
In response to Reply # 1

heres how it breaks down...all the cheap coilovers suck except the maxspeeds. just know this and remember it! (i sold my maxspeeds to brandon (phatGS) cause they werent low enough and got the focuz RS2's. well they mount to the strut with allen screws, however fucking stupid that is, the rear screws got stripped and one broke off on each side, so i swapped in cut tenzo springs for a slightly lower drop. then just today i got done removing the "helper" springs from the front focuz coilovers because they are noisy, suck ass, and do nothing, so i got another bit of drop, tucking a good bit of tire in front now, god knows how low i actually am now, but its nice. i also installed the front camber kit today finally...too bad i can look at my car from the front and see toe-out on both front wheels...time for an alignment.
dont get the focuz, they are actually more than the maxspeeds. the arospeeds attach the same way as the focuz (at least the accord arospeeds do)
go with GC, skunk, or maxspeed

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

phatGSMay-07-01 03:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#2088, "RE: Coilover quality"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah, I'm happy with the maxspeeds (thanks cyan), the back could go a bit lower to even out with my front, but it does look killer compared to stock...no doubt about that (all 4 are all the way down). I'm thinking about raising the front a bit to even it out and prolong my bumper's lifespan.

Brandon
AIM: DSMitsu95
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
2 12" Pioneer IMPP's
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

trickedeclipseMay-07-01 03:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#2089, "RE: Coilover quality"
In response to Reply # 3

you're absolutely right, lindsay, the arospeeds bite my ass. don't get the cheap ones. my allen head screws stripped too. i have a friend who has weapon r's, and he says he likes them. ($199) i don't know about that, but i do know that my next set will be skunk 2's or ground control.

1996 Talon EsiNOS - Eclipse rear end

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2085 Previous topic | Next topic