Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2069
View in linear mode

Subject: "1st handling mods" Previous topic | Next topic
RoboTechDSMApr-30-01 04:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2069, "1st handling mods"

Hello guys, I'm pretty new in the handling category and was wondering if you guys can help me point to the right direction. I don't have mad $$$ to spend so my budget is pretty tight. The first mods I have are:

1. Front and Rear Konig V-Racing Carbon Fiber strut bars
2. a set of Maxspeed coilovers (sleeves)

Just wanted to know what's next? Shocks, bushings, etc.....
What else should I watch out for? I've heard some stuff about cutting perches, what's that? What are some good non-adjustables? Anything else.........thanks!!!!!

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 1st handling mods, TeamMichael_97RS, May-01-01 02:57 AM, #1
RE: 1st handling mods, ModeratorEvuLFleA, May-01-01 06:03 AM, #2
RE: 1st handling mods, phatGS, May-01-01 01:44 PM, #3
RE: 1st handling mods, RoboTechDSM, May-01-01 03:48 PM, #4
RE: 1st handling mods, RoboTechDSM, May-01-01 03:50 PM, #5
RE: 1st handling mods, RoboTechDSM, May-01-01 03:56 PM, #6
RE: 1st handling mods, dsm1, May-01-01 04:03 PM, #7
      RE: 1st handling mods, RoboTechDSM, May-01-01 04:13 PM, #8

TeamMichael_97RSMay-01-01 02:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2070, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 0

I would suggest some shocks with the coilovers, I'm not going to suggets which ones since I know some do need to have the perch cut... and coil-overs aren't my specialty. Then lower tie bars front from Road Race Engineering(custom, and only one made) and a rear one from somewhere. I got mine from Mach V for a bit more than most payed for other bars.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorEvuLFleAMay-01-01 06:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#2071, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 1

I would have to go with some really good tires.
Plus you should check out some old posts because we have some long threads about perches and handling upgrade stages you can check the 2gnt.com main site.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

phatGSMay-01-01 01:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#2072, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm hoping you knocked your perches off when you installed the coilovers, otherwise you wouldn't be able to get below stock height, even if they're cranked all the way down (I have the same coilovers )

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
2 12" Pioneer IMPP's
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

RoboTechDSMMay-01-01 03:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#2073, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually, I just ordered the coilovers and I'm still saving up some dough to get a good set of shocks. I'm planning to piece my system little by little and install it in one SINGLE setting. I still have to get my bushing kit from Energy Suspension. Anyways, thanks for the input guys!!!!!

Kris
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2

RoboTechDSMMay-01-01 03:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#2074, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 4

and also the RRE front lower ties and a rear lower!!!!! Damn, so much to buy......so little money!!!!!!!!

Kris
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2

RoboTechDSMMay-01-01 03:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#2075, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh yeah, someone in another website recommended a set of KYB AGX adjustables. How are these? And PhatGS, how's the ride in your coilovers? Little to rough, little too bouncy......??? Thanks!!!

Kris
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2

dsm1May-01-01 04:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#2076, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 6

Hey Robo, do you live in tampa bay? I just saw a similiar post at TR.com I live in largo by the way. Later.

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

RoboTechDSMMay-01-01 04:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#2077, "RE: 1st handling mods"
In response to Reply # 7

As a matter of fact I do!!! At tamparacing.com, my SN is RS99!!!
You don't happen to be TurboRS do you? I saw a similar signature with the same car, LOL!!!!!

Kris
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #2069 Previous topic | Next topic