Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20398
View in linear mode

Subject: "springs question" Previous topic | Next topic
96rs-tOct-06-03 08:05 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2203 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20398, "springs question"

i put some tenzo R springs on my car, and everything seems fine, but i dont know if its just my eyes playing tricks on me, but the rear passenger looks lower than the rear's driver side, and the front driver side looks lower than the passenger front. what could this be?

SoCal DSM
1996 RS-T: Under Construction
1999 GS AE: New daily driver
"USING NO WAY AS A WAY, HAVING NO LIMITATION AS A LIMITATION"--BRUCE LEE

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: springs question, LeakyMitsu, Oct-07-03 06:25 PM, #1
RE: springs question, 96rs-t, Oct-07-03 06:49 PM, #2
      RE: springs question, Doug96GS, Oct-07-03 07:48 PM, #3
           RE: springs question, 96rs-t, Oct-07-03 08:23 PM, #4
                RE: springs question, LeakyMitsu, Oct-08-03 05:44 AM, #5
                     RE: springs question, ModeratoreclipzGST, Oct-08-03 07:13 AM, #6
                          RE: springs question, 96rs-t, Oct-08-03 08:09 PM, #7

LeakyMitsuOct-07-03 06:25 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20422, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 0

maybe for some odd reason they made the back ones different than the front, to compensate for passneger weight maybe? and you mixed them up, hell i dunno dude haha, maybe your car is just "special

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

96rs-tOct-07-03 06:49 PM
2203 posts,
#20423, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 1

yeah, probably. the only problem wit this is that i hear lots of nasty sounds coming from the rear ever since i put them on...i checked all the bolts and everthing is nicely torqued

SoCal DSM

Doug96GSOct-07-03 07:48 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#20424, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 2

maybe your eyes are goin crazy

96rs-tOct-07-03 08:23 PM
2203 posts,
#20425, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 3

maybe, but i know i my ears arent hearing things.

SoCal DSM

LeakyMitsuOct-08-03 05:44 AM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
#20430, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 4

hmmm, like what kinds of noises?

ModeratoreclipzGSTOct-08-03 07:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
7335 posts,
#20434, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 5

mine made some noise cause my spring pad wasn't seated correctly. I tightened everything down and kept driving before I decided to finally just take the whole thing apart. By then the pad was all thrashed.
Are you A/T? My car sat kinda "funny" cause the weight of the tranny.

-Tony
98'GST
92'TSI-AWD

eclipzgst@charter.net
http://eclipzgst.webhop.net
http://www.newengdsm.org/

turboclipz on AIM

"...don't make me photoshop your pants so high that your undies start going over your head, think of it as a kaptainmyke wedgie if you will" -Kap'n Myke

96rs-tOct-08-03 08:09 PM
2203 posts,
#20453, "RE: springs question"
In response to Reply # 6
Oct-08-03 08:11 PM by 96rs-t

the sound is like if something is grinding, because its constant while the car is in motion, and when i make turns they have a low sound pop noise....very weird sounds kinda hard to explain, but when the car is in motion the sound is grind, when i put them on i made sure everything was on right, unless they came off in some way.

oh and my car is M/T

*edit: oh and this is only with the rears..the fronts make no noise

SoCal DSM

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #20398 Previous topic | Next topic