Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19857
View in linear mode

Subject: "What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon." Previous topic | Next topic
wickedtalonSep-11-03 08:27 AM
Member since Jan 04th 2002
978 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19857, "Poll question: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."

They look dirty and crappy right now. what color? if other, post the color.

Poll result (20 votes)
Black (4 votes)Vote
Aluminum (11 votes)Vote
Red (2 votes)Vote
Other (3 votes)Vote

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., Amish_Eclipse, Sep-11-03 10:34 AM, #1
RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., wickedtalon, Sep-11-03 11:09 AM, #2
      RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., eclipse_gs_1512, Sep-13-03 01:45 AM, #3
           RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., Mannyyy, Sep-13-03 10:07 AM, #4
                RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., MotoFool, Sep-13-03 06:32 PM, #5
                RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., CoprEklipz, Sep-14-03 02:10 AM, #6
                     RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., BoostedGS, Sep-14-03 06:54 AM, #7
                          RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., ez, Sep-14-03 12:15 PM, #8
                               RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., BoostedGS, Sep-14-03 01:12 PM, #9
                                    RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., Shockeclipse, Sep-14-03 03:23 PM, #10
                                    RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., Squid, Sep-14-03 03:23 PM, #11
                                         RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., pfmicks, Sep-14-03 10:39 PM, #12
                                              RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., pfmicks, Sep-14-03 10:42 PM, #13
                                                   RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., BoostedGS, Sep-15-03 03:39 AM, #14
                                                        RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., thedawg, Sep-15-03 01:28 PM, #15
                                                             RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., BoostedGS, Sep-16-03 03:46 AM, #16
                                                                  RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., WIKKI, Sep-17-03 10:55 PM, #17
                                                                       RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., pfmicks, Sep-20-03 03:38 AM, #18
                                                                            RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., wickedtalon, Sep-23-03 10:07 AM, #19
                                                                                 RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., wickedtalon, Sep-24-03 02:13 AM, #20
                                                                                      RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., pfmicks, Sep-24-03 12:02 PM, #21
                                                                                           RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., wickedtalon, Sep-25-03 03:33 AM, #22
                                                                                                RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., wickedtalon, Sep-25-03 01:06 PM, #23
                                                                                                     RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., SM_Polishing, Sep-25-03 03:10 PM, #24
                                                                                                          RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., WIKKI, Sep-28-03 06:18 PM, #25
                                                                                                               RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon., pfmicks, Oct-02-03 05:47 PM, #26

Amish_EclipseSep-11-03 10:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19859, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 0

i didn't know you could paint in aluminum. i guess you mean silver by aluminum so that's what i'm voting.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

wickedtalonSep-11-03 11:09 AM
978 posts,
#19860, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 1

yeah.. same thing. aluminum / silver. i have a can of it that says aluminum color.

// Jim // 95 Talon / 99 Eclipse (sold)

Cincinnati,OH

eclipse_gs_1512Sep-13-03 01:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3287 posts,
#19883, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 2

silver would look pim

2007 wrx

MannyyySep-13-03 10:07 AM
Member since Dec 08th 2001
1526 posts,
#19888, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 3

I painted mine with aluminum 500 degree temp paint when I first got my car. They looked sweet for about a year but now they look dirty again... hmm maybe I should clean them once in a while. Hehe.

-Manny

MotoFoolSep-13-03 06:32 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#19898, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 4

powder coat them candy purple check acbc powder coating from the neons.org board

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

CoprEklipzSep-14-03 02:10 AM
Member since May 23rd 2003
614 posts,
#19899, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 4

>I painted mine with aluminum 500 degree temp paint when I
>first got my car. They looked sweet for about a year but now
>they look dirty again... hmm maybe I should clean them once in
>a while. Hehe.
>
>

Come on, you know it doesn't matter if your calipers look good with rims like those

BoostedGSSep-14-03 06:54 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
#19904, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 6

My Eclipse is the Maroon color too (Cayenne Red). I have silver rims, so I just left the calipers black and put "ECLIPSE" on them.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

ezSep-14-03 12:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#19909, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 7

how'd u put the "eclipse" on them

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

BoostedGSSep-14-03 01:12 PM
1329 posts,
#19910, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 8

Actually it's just a sticker. I bought them off the www.neweclipse.org website for 3g's.

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

ShockeclipseSep-14-03 03:23 PM
Member since May 18th 2003
2139 posts,
#19911, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 9

I had mine gunmetal for a while. I think that looks sweet with that color.

"We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war; our great depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very , very pissed off"

Originally posted by turbo8u
every time i get in it and start it up im like 'oh...yea, you know why you just started right there bitch? because i built you...yea...you like it dont you, yea and you're about to take this boost like a bitch too arent you

SquidSep-14-03 03:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
927 posts,
#19912, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 9

I saw the decals on the 3G board, but I like the 2G ECLIPSE logo which uses a unique font.

I had a vinyl stencil made up and painted the letters on. I still need to do some cleanup and clear coat. I would have just used vinyl decal, but I don't know what type of vinyl I would have to request since the calipers can get incredibly hot.

-J

pfmicksSep-14-03 10:39 PM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
#19916, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 11

WOW the sticker is an awesome idea! How long did it take to arrive??

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

pfmicksSep-14-03 10:42 PM
1349 posts,
#19917, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 12

hmmm I can't find them on www.neweclipse.org

You have a link?

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

BoostedGSSep-15-03 03:39 AM
1329 posts,
#19921, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 13

At the bottom of this page.... http://www.neweclipse.org/bodygraphics.htm

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

thedawgSep-15-03 01:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#19937, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 14

Um... heat? Vinyl?

Has anyone made a 100-0 stop with these stickers?

That'd be awesome if the stickers don't burn, but then I've also seen my brake pads on fire.

BoostedGSSep-16-03 03:46 AM
1329 posts,
#19957, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 15

The first time I drove the car and the calipers heated up, the stickers kinda "baked" themselves on. I've had them on the car for a year now with no problems.

You are not your job.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

WIKKISep-17-03 10:55 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#20005, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 16
Sep-17-03 10:57 PM by WIKKI

I have the stickers. Jason is great and the product is awesome. it took about a week to get them in the mail, but he had a set already done. if anyone need his e-mail adress, just let me know.

BTW. they have held up great for about a year.

oh and I vote for HOT PINK. my wife chose that color for my eclipse. I thought that I would hate it, but it looks really good IMO.

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

pfmicksSep-20-03 03:38 AM
1349 posts,
#20045, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 17

I ordered some stickers from that guy and I got them in like 3 days

wickedtalonSep-23-03 10:07 AM
978 posts,
#20118, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 18

sounds good! Thanks for the replies! Im definately getting a set of those stickers too! NICE!

Cincinnati,OH

wickedtalonSep-24-03 02:13 AM
978 posts,
#20133, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 19

He said he didnt have any more like the one in the picture. He said that he doesnt make them in the curved style anymore.

Cincinnati,OH

pfmicksSep-24-03 12:02 PM
1349 posts,
#20146, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 20

Get the other ones he has...those look straight too...I was about to buy those....his AIM is Birdmn3

wickedtalonSep-25-03 03:33 AM
978 posts,
#20165, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 21

I like the ones BoostedGS has. Those look really good. He said he stopped making them though. Im checking to see if he can make some more. I dont know if the new straight ones will fit on our calipers. I like the smaller font too.

Cincinnati,OH

wickedtalonSep-25-03 01:06 PM
978 posts,
#20176, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 22

OK.. he's gonna make a special batch for the people that want them. Its posted in the announcement/group buy section.

Cincinnati,OH

SM_PolishingSep-25-03 03:10 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2003
69 posts,
#20177, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 23
Sep-25-03 03:13 PM by SM_Polishing

I'd go with silver. We have an "Almost Chrome" color that would like great. Very clean, smooth powder coat.

Anyways, whatever you decide... powder coating is your best bet on calipers. Ship the parts out to me if you want, I can cut you a real nice deal on the coating...

Send me an email at sales@smpolishing.com if you want to get some more information.

Scott

www.SMPolishing.com
sales@smpolishing.com

WIKKISep-28-03 06:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#20235, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 24

I like the silver ones. they worked out great!

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

pfmicksOct-02-03 05:47 PM
1349 posts,
#20318, "RE: What color should I paint my calipers? The car is maroon."
In response to Reply # 25

^looks great:thumbsup

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19857 Previous topic | Next topic