Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19729
View in linear mode

Subject: "Auto-x'ers help" Previous topic | Next topic
97RSSep-04-03 06:27 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2001
318 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19729, "Auto-x'ers help"

Ca you guys that auto cross give me some advice on a good suspension set up? All i have now are h&r sport springs. I'm defintiely getting a set of tokico illuminas very soon unless something else is suggested. Would H&R Race springs be better for auto crossing or some other kind of spring than the H&R sports? Also what are some good strut bars i can buy? I was interested in the hurricane_gs bar but it doesnt look like he's around anymore. Any other help would be excellent as well. The RS will also be going on a diet getting gutted from the front seats back.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Auto-x'ers help, Dinkjs, Sep-05-03 04:51 AM, #1
RE: Auto-x'ers help, 97RS, Sep-05-03 06:09 AM, #2
      RE: Auto-x'ers help, Dinkjs, Sep-05-03 06:43 AM, #3
           RE: Auto-x'ers help, link16, Nov-21-07 04:44 AM, #4
                RE: Auto-x'ers help, mcgyvr, Nov-21-07 06:40 AM, #5
                     RE: Auto-x'ers help, goalie40, Nov-21-07 09:31 AM, #6
                          RE: Auto-x'ers help, foggy45, Nov-21-07 05:17 PM, #7
                               RE: Auto-x'ers help, mcgyvr, Nov-29-07 02:14 PM, #8
                                    RE: Auto-x'ers help, foggy45, Nov-29-07 06:46 PM, #9
                                         RE: Auto-x'ers help, susafuss, Nov-30-07 02:24 PM, #10

DinkjsSep-05-03 04:51 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19733, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 0

First of all your springs will be just fine because your car is daily driver car...second you want sway bars not strut tower bars....either go to RMDSM.com or Stillen.com for those....because sway bars reduce roll in the car and let you corner better.....Strut Tower bars will help get rid of suspension vibration the most......also with our type of car go nothing bigger then a 17inch rim....if you want even more imput just ask and I can keep going

"Straight Line Racing Sucks"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

97RSSep-05-03 06:09 AM
Member since Nov 23rd 2001
318 posts,
#19734, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea i was planning on getting sway bars..i just wasnt sure which ones to get. But strut tower bars wont help? I want to have the stiffest possible suspension i can have. I was thinking about my springs last night too..I guess they are fine and i love the way they ride. Last thing..do the sway bars come with everything need to install them? RS's dont have rear sway bars so thats what i need to know.

DinkjsSep-05-03 06:43 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
#19735, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 2

For the rear sway bar install you will want to go to RMDSM.com they sell a kit so you may add the rear sway bar onto your car...i dont remember how much it is...but check out there site....as for Strut tower bars yea they will help out alittle but nothing like sway bars

"Straight Line Racing Sucks"

link16Nov-21-07 04:44 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2007
63 posts,
#30881, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by Dinkjs
For the rear sway bar install you will want to go to RMDSM.com they sell a kit so you may add the rear sway bar onto your car...i dont remember how much it is...but check out there site....as for Strut tower bars yea they will help out alittle but nothing like sway bars "Straight Line Racing Sucks"

Before reading, I am sorry for necromancing this thread.

Okay, is there an alternative to their $160 kit, which I think is almost extortion?

I would love to be able to afford $160 for something that lets me install a $400 part...

Thanks guys.

-Alex

That isn't an oil leak; it's sweat from all of that horsepower.

mcgyvrNov-21-07 06:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#30883, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 4

Sway bars..Suspension techniques makes on for your car ($285 bucks) and they sell an adapter kit (like 90 bucks).

Then get a master bushing set (energy suspensions) and be prepared to spend some decent money to get it installed if you can't do it yourself.

Then get front and rear (upper) strut tower bars..But not a cheap set because they are cheap and flex and negate any benefits.. Best front is one that bolts to the strut towers and the firewall.

Then just get some koni yellow shocks (use the lower perch mount) and use stock springs.

Or invest in a full coilover set (rebuildable is preferred)
Then spend time at the track and do some test/tune..

and here
http://www.hopupracing.com/suspension20.html

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

goalie40Nov-21-07 09:31 AM
Member since Sep 12th 2005
431 posts,
#30885, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 5

the h&r springs are nice I have a set. matched up with a good set of struts will make a big difference. coilovers are the best way to go but can cost some bucks. 1200-1400 for tein flexs (super nice) or the tein basics for 600 (pretty nice) dont forget the gsx brake upgrade.

We will build you bigger and stronger

Wake up and drive my ass... More like wake up and fix it.

If the opposite of Pro is Con
then the opposite of Progress is Congress

foggy45Nov-21-07 05:17 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#30886, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 6

anybody ever find a company that makes a good 3 point front (or rear) strut bar?
or are they mostly home / custom made?
hmmmmm anybody know if our tower distance is the same as the Evo's?

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

mcgyvrNov-29-07 02:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#30899, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 7

http://www.dthreedesigns.com/shoppingcart.php?username=Guest&password=Guest

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

foggy45Nov-29-07 06:46 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
#30900, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 8

ohhh! i forgot about D3
last i checked they were just finishing testing for the Venges, never thought to check back with them!

Sweet!!

Best sum up of working on a 2GNT
DR1665- "#5. Spike that motherfucker on the garage floor and grab a beer. You deserve it."

Ahhhh Priceless . . .
eclipse982nrRST "its actually lightish red"
RoninEclipse2G "yeah, they already have a color for that... it's called PINK"

susafussNov-30-07 02:24 PM
Member since Feb 24th 2005
200 posts,
#30903, "RE: Auto-x'ers help"
In response to Reply # 9
Nov-30-07 02:28 PM by susafuss

Originally posted by foggy45
ohhh! i forgot about D3 last i checked they were just finishing testing for the Venges, never thought to check back with them! Sweet!!

Actually from what i have heard they have stopped production of the Front Strut Tower bar but i and some others on aseclub are interested in one and they would be willing to make some for a group buy(we would need a total of 5 people). So technically we would need 3 more people, there is only one other confirmed person interested besides me.

But if that falls through there the company disturbing motor sports is working on a similar strut bar, that i think should be ready January.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19729 Previous topic | Next topic