Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1919
View in linear mode

Subject: "$99.95 Lifetime Alignment Results - need camber kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
Teameclipse804Apr-21-01 06:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1919, "$99.95 Lifetime Alignment Results - need camber kit?"

Hey guys, just got my 4 wheel alignment done, and the rear camber is -1.6 and -1.8. Should I bother getting a camber kit for the rear?

The fronts are both -1.1 camber, so do I need to get a camber kit since factory setting is 0 degrees in the front? If so, what kind? How bad is my camber in the front compared to other people - I can withstand slightly worse tread wear but will it wear it out way too fast? BTW, my car has Skunk2 coilovers set really high, almost at stock height from what I think.

Also, if you are in the Socal area, DEFINITELY go to Discount Tire in El Monte (the one on Valley Mall, near Santa Anita) for 4-wheel alignment. Tell them you were referred from Club DSM, and you can get a lifetime alignement for only $99.95. That's EVERY 3000 miles at any Discount Tire that does lowered cars. Its normally more for lowered cars, but talk to Vic (the owner) and tell him you're with Club DSM to get the special hookup price. Email me at eclipse804@hotmail.com if you need more info.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cyanApr-21-01 08:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1920, "RE: $99.95 Lifetime Alignment Results - need camber kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

my negative camber was -1 in front too way back in '98 and i drove on the stock 16s for a year almost like that. when i took them off to put on my first 18s, the rear tires were bald on the insides (-3.2 degrees) but the fronts were almost the same wear all around. do you have 14s,16s,17s, or 18s? if youre bigger than 16 i would say its not even worth the risk. with the rear camber only being a $15 dollar fix you almost have to do that, even if youre rolling on 10's.

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AApr-22-01 02:35 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#1921, "Quick question about camber and rubbing"
In response to Reply # 1

I just installed my Sprint front camber kit and my Napa $16 bolt and washers camber mod. The $15 dollar camber mod was so easy to install, it took 30 minutes for both wheels. Then after the alignment they were at -1.5 camber which is factory camber. That is with Neuspeed Sport Springs 1.4 inch drop. The fronts were off by a lot cause I was going thru tires every 4 months. The toe was really off after installing the kit so make sure you get an alignment right after cause the car was pulling all around after the install. Now that the back is lowered and at normal camber, it rubs on the fender when I am cornering hard, what can I do to stop this?

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Teameclipse804Apr-23-01 02:28 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1922, "RE: Quick question about camber and rubbing"
In response to Reply # 2

I have the stock 16" rims, and everything is in spec. The -1.6 and -1.8 in the rear are still within factory acceptable ranges. But should I do the rear camber kit anyway to reduce it more?

What about the front's being -1.1 degrees camber? That is NOT within factory specs, so should I get a front camber kit? I think someone said that a bit of negative camber may actually be good for performance? But I don't want my tires to wear out too soon.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

whodatt1Apr-24-01 02:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2531 posts,
#1923, "RE: Quick question about camber and rubbing"
In response to Reply # 3

Hey Cyan, I have 18's and will be lowering the car 2". Since you had 18's do you know how badly will I need camber kits?
Thanks.

Two of the most powerful elements in nature interact to create a most awesome machine!
Whodatt1
97gs

-97 GS (First project, 299 whp)(sold)
- 97 RS 2.6 last numbers: 306hp, 352tq @16psi (Dead, parted out)
- 99 GS OZ, Hahn Kit, 56k miles (Sold)
--------
- 00 Nissan Maxima GLE (Daily Driver)
- 02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1919 Previous topic | Next topic