Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19042
View in linear mode

Subject: "How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxJul-21-03 09:42 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19042, "How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"

Im thinking of gettin the stock 5 spoke 97-99 gs/gst rims as a 2nd pair of rims...mainly for winter rims and also to put slicks on them when I goto to track if I get that serious of a racer. So I was wondering how much do those rims weigh? I was thinking of those or looking for a pair of RX7 rims...what do you think?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, dfresh, Jul-21-03 11:27 PM, #1
RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, TeamDR1665, Jul-22-03 05:24 AM, #2
      RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Jul-22-03 06:23 AM, #3
           RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, J, Jul-22-03 10:32 AM, #4
                RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, TeamDR1665, Jul-23-03 06:12 AM, #5
                     RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, Gregstoofast, Jul-30-03 02:25 AM, #6
                     RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, TalonSpeed, Aug-01-03 10:21 AM, #7
                     RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?, Moderatorjuan, Aug-06-03 08:50 PM, #8

dfreshJul-21-03 11:27 PM
Member since Aug 20th 2002
551 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19043, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 0

not sure what they way but the gs's wheels are alloy right???and the gs-t's wheels are steel right?????or maybe they both are steal and one is just chromed....hell i don't know.....

dfresh

will post more pics when front is painted

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jul-22-03 05:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#19046, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 1

I'm sure you already know this, but I'll post for a no0b's sake.
The RX-7s are 16x8 and weigh 16lbs ea. I don't know about the 5 spokers. I think the 14" steels weigh almost 30lbs so don't go there. Plus they're ugly imo. Haha. good luck sir!

xEclipsE RaceRxJul-22-03 06:23 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#19047, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yea i would much rather go with the rx7 wheels its just an offer im gettin for some stock gs rims is good and i just wanted to see if i should accept it or juts wait for rx7 wheels, but thanks

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

JJul-22-03 10:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
794 posts,
#19050, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 3

Lil clarification: The 3rd Gen RX-7 16x8 rims R 13lbs each. I remembered the stock's 2 B 35lbs, but U could B right about the 30lbs... they're really heavy either way.

- J

- J

TeamDR1665Jul-23-03 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#19069, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 4

I thought I remembered it right, but then I went to post the weight of the RX7 wheels and for some reason, 16lbs was stuck in my head.

Either way, I want me some of 'em!

GregstoofastJul-30-03 02:25 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19198, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 5

i'm gett some 13.3 lbs. 18x8s for mine..."weld racelite r/s"

cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

TalonSpeedAug-01-03 10:21 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2002
446 posts,
#19249, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 6

Stock 16" rims without tires weigh 23.3 lbs exactly. I just took mine to aluminum shop and sold them for scrap, they were all bent.

ModeratorjuanAug-06-03 08:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
817 posts,
#19320, "RE: How many lbs do the stock rims weigh?"
In response to Reply # 5

Actually, you are both right. There are two version of the 3G RX-7 rims. The first ones on the earlier cars were lighter, but turned out to be prone to cracking. The later version didn't have the problem, but weighed more. Aside from the weight, there was a way you could tell the difference by whether the backs of the spokes were sharp or smooth, but I can't remember which was which. Look at this link near he bottom of the page:
http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/wheels.html

juan

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19042 Previous topic | Next topic