Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19003
View in linear mode

Subject: "Sorry Im Whoring Lately, but How Many Caliper Paint Coats?" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxJul-18-03 07:25 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19003, "Sorry Im Whoring Lately, but How Many Caliper Paint Coats?"
Jul-18-03 07:26 PM by xEclipsE RaceRx

Yea...I know Ive been whoring the suspension board lately, but yea sorry, lol, but I just put my first coat of 1500 degree black paint on my calipers, and 5 hours later it rubs off with force, so obviously it needs another coating of paint. I was just wondering how many coats did you guys use when painting your calipers? Also did you use clear coat, and how many coats of that?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JWoodleyJul-18-03 08:03 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19004, "RE: Sorry Im Whoring Lately, but How Many Caliper Paint Coats?"
In response to Reply # 0

i posted this in another thread a few days ago...but:

I used 3 coats of the high temp gloss black paint from autozone then 3 coats of clear coat. my ish was bling blinging. black doesnt show the dust hardly at all. yea, i know thats alot of paint and alot of drying time but i was doing my brakes so i took 2 jacks and 2 jackstands and had my ride all jacked up with no tires which is very unsafe btw. also, make sure the paint isnt a little tacky when u put ur rims back on if u paint the rear hub because it will bond to the rim and be a biatch to get off. goodluck.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xEclipsE RaceRxJul-19-03 07:42 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#19005, "RE: Sorry Im Whoring Lately, but How Many Caliper Paint Coats?"
In response to Reply # 1

I wish I got glossy paint, the paint I got is just black and it looks like charcoal material, it just rubs off and shit. I wonder if the clear coat will stop that?

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

JWoodleyJul-19-03 07:43 AM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#19006, "RE: Sorry Im Whoring Lately, but How Many Caliper Paint Coats?"
In response to Reply # 2

clear coat is the ish.

grainJul-20-03 01:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#19016, "RE: Sorry Im Whoring Lately, but How Many Caliper Paint Coats?"
In response to Reply # 3

lol, im guessing you didnt read the can of paint?. you need to let them sit for like an hour, then bake them in an oven to harden the paint. i just used brake caliper paint, its like 500 degree paint, and i didnt need to do that. so, do as you must, but, bake them next time.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #19003 Previous topic | Next topic