Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18905
View in linear mode

Subject: "light 14's for the front with drag radials" Previous topic | Next topic
510eclipseJul-13-03 10:42 PM
Member since May 12th 2002
424 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18905, "light 14's for the front with drag radials"

i have a previous thread about light 13's and slicks.
after some thought i realized that 13's will not fit over the disc's on the front, and i wouldnt want slicks anyhow because i dont have a lsd. i wouldnt be able to use slicks for the intended use because you have to heat them up good before use and i would be doing a one legger, and end up screwing up traction issues worse off than im at right now. so ive concluded that i need two light/realisticly wide 14's and drag radials to go along with them. ive searched but find anything in posts other than goals of increasing one's bling. and main wheel sites like "wheels.com" just sell sets of four and only carry wheels to increase bling factor can i get some performance minded advice?

i dont have traction "issues" really, id just like to get two of the lightest 14's with our lug pattern, and some good wide drag radials to fit on those wheels. just another extra effort to dip into the 13's on a direct port 75 shot.

-tia!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

rpm97talonJul-15-03 04:56 PM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18941, "RE: light 14's for the front with drag radials"
In response to Reply # 0

bogart . U should be able to find them with a search engine. They are out of santee cali and they make killer rims. The price is probably around 240 a piece. Yet i think the weight is under 11 lbs. Dont quote me on that. I looked them up about a year ago when I had the small clipers on. Late mike

stage BIG custom mj racing turbo set up, built block.worked head,all tial components, hks evcez,spearco 992,oh yeah and a huge bottle in the trunk last run all turbo 13.8@108 no nos dyno'd at AEBS in Cali with 300+ hp to the wheels

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MotoFoolJul-19-03 12:25 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#19010, "RE: light 14's for the front with drag radials"
In response to Reply # 1

u can run bicycle drag wheels n tires for te rear i am currently gonna have some custom 15x 10 or 12" wheels made for the front to slap some slicks on gonna cost me about 550$ or so

the mopar bicycle rear wheels are like 90$ each and tires somewhere around there

Bill

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

MotoFoolJul-19-03 12:26 PM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#19011, "RE: light 14's for the front with drag radials"
In response to Reply # 2

oh and falken azneis or drag radials would be a good choice

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

2g99RSNCJul-19-03 06:14 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
#19012, "RE: light 14's for the front with drag radials"
In response to Reply # 3

i've got falcons on my stock 14's and they get good traction at about 14psi. Ok i know some of my friends r running "Lenso" wheels on the there cars with ET slicks and i can pick them up with my pinky there so light. Does lenso make wheels for us and people running et's already what size tire did u use becuase i have a 2inch drop and i need something that will fit.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18905 Previous topic | Next topic