Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18574
View in linear mode

Subject: "Interesting idea, if it really can be done" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipzeGamerJun-24-03 07:50 PM
Donating 2GNT member
999 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18574, "Interesting idea, if it really can be done"

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92100

Go to post #7. Is it really possible to swap the manual rack from the 1g 1.8L into our cars?

Jaeson
'96 Eclipse RS

16.537 @ 84.00 mph, 2.489 60'

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

EclipzeGamerJun-26-03 01:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
999 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18596, "RE: Interesting idea, if it really can be done"
In response to Reply # 0

So no one knows if this might be possible? It sounds like a good way to free up some extra hp if it can be done.

Jaeson
'96 Eclipse RS

16.537 @ 84.00 mph, 2.489 60'

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

grainJun-26-03 02:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2551 posts,
#18597, "RE: Interesting idea, if it really can be done"
In response to Reply # 1

i dunno, guy said it can be done.

TeamMetalJimJun-26-03 08:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#18614, "RE: Interesting idea, if it really can be done"
In response to Reply # 2

I don't know if it'll fit. He actually said that it would be the best way to do it, and I kind of agree with him. P/S racks are meant to be run with power. He didn't say that it could be done, but something like that could be done. If not with the 1g rack then with some other one...and this is just a guesss here, but it probably wouldn't be the easiest thing to do.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
15.943 @ 86.48mph
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

2g99RSNCJun-27-03 03:09 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
894 posts,
#18617, "RE: Interesting idea, if it really can be done"
In response to Reply # 3

i've have no ac or ps on my car and took off all the lines and all that and i was able to tell a big difference. For the first week it is kind of hard but after that it lightens up some. Also now that i have phantom grip installed it made it alot easier to drive around. I'm not a big guy like 5'7'' at like 135 and i can drive 1 handed around the city no prob. The phantom grip made it alot easier to drive for some reason

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18574 Previous topic | Next topic