Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18337
View in linear mode

Subject: "ABS caliipers the same as non-ABS?" Previous topic | Next topic
SpreadEagleJun-12-03 01:59 AM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18337, "ABS caliipers the same as non-ABS?"

I'm needing at least one new rear caliper for my ABS equipped Talon, I've found a pair of dirt cheap ones off a non-ABS car and wondering if they are the same. My ABS is disabled cuz I don't like it so I'm more concerned with the fit and mouting points rather than functionality. Is it a good idea to replace them in pairs like other brake parts? Thanks for helping the clueless n00b!

95ESI-intake,borla,sportlines,kyb,17"TSW
Momo Montecarlo(srs light stuck on for 3 years)
yep, nothin special

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

The1BillJun-12-03 02:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18338, "RE: ABS caliipers the same as non-ABS?"
In response to Reply # 0

all of the calipers are the same. The rears are all the same, and there are only 2 versions of the fronts. The fronts are differentiated by AWD (2 piston) or FWD (1 piston). Other then that, there are no differences. And yes, I would replace them in pairs.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SpreadEagleJun-12-03 02:13 AM
Member since May 29th 2003
459 posts,
#18339, "RE: ABS caliipers the same as non-ABS?"
In response to Reply # 1

Cool, appreciate the help The1Bill!

95ESI-intake,borla,sportlines,kyb,17"TSW
Momo Montecarlo(srs light stuck on for 3 years)
yep, nothin special

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18337 Previous topic | Next topic