Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1821
View in linear mode

Subject: "Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse" Previous topic | Next topic
2GXTASYApr-19-01 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1821, "Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"

This is turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse. I've talked to him a few times on dsmtalk. He's spent mucho casho on his suspension. Looks awsome though. The quick adjustablitiy is mind boggeling. Well, at least I think so.

http://www.geocities.com/baggedeclipse/photopage.html

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Boostin ASAP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Sabot, Apr-19-01 09:38 AM, #1
RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Teamicjeclipse, Apr-19-01 01:07 PM, #2
RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, phatGS, Apr-19-01 01:25 PM, #3
RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Teameclipse804, Apr-19-01 07:51 PM, #4
      RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Teameclipse804, Apr-19-01 07:53 PM, #5
           leaking, huh?, klipzracer, Apr-20-01 12:05 AM, #6
RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, vector_racing, Apr-20-01 01:16 AM, #7
RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, 2GXTASY, Apr-20-01 05:06 AM, #8
      RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Junoon, Apr-20-01 08:23 AM, #9
           RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Teameclipse804, Apr-20-01 09:54 AM, #10
           RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Sabot, Apr-20-01 11:18 AM, #11
                RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, jZa, Apr-21-01 04:56 AM, #12
           RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, vector_racing, Apr-21-01 12:01 PM, #13
                RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, Talon, Apr-25-01 02:00 AM, #14
                     RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse, jZa, Apr-26-01 02:09 PM, #15
                          bags are pretty phat., Armond30, Apr-29-01 03:38 PM, #16
                               RE: bags are pretty phat., trickedeclipse, May-01-01 02:18 AM, #17
                                    RE: bags are pretty phat., Eric97GS, May-01-01 07:04 AM, #18
                                    RE: bags are pretty phat., phatGS, May-05-01 08:32 AM, #19
                                         RE: bags are pretty phat., klipzracer, May-05-01 10:58 PM, #20

SabotApr-19-01 09:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1822, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

Bad Ass!
Can you find out how much weight does it add?
thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamicjeclipseApr-19-01 01:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
871 posts,
#1823, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

That is tight, i need some of those.

Ian
95 Eclipse RS
http://www.geocities.com/icjeclipse/index.html

Ian | SoCal | Former 2GNT owner |
2GNT mods & pics: www.go.to/dsmdomination |
email: icjeclipse@earthlink.net |

phatGSApr-19-01 01:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1824, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

I'll take it!!!

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

Teameclipse804Apr-19-01 07:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1825, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 3

Yup its really cool when you can raise it in driveways or to work on your car. All these kits range anywhere from $1000 to 1700 but the ride is usually pretty bad. Also, most people I know say that it starts leaking over time. I think the cylinders start leaking...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Teameclipse804Apr-19-01 07:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1826, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 4

Also, I forgot to say that depending on the system, some can go a lot HIGHER than stock height. At least about 4inches higher than stock. The different price of systems depends on how quickly you want it to drop and raise, for example if you want to compete with hydraulics...

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

klipzracerApr-20-01 12:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1827, "leaking, huh?"
In response to Reply # 5

that sucks cause i eventually wanted to bag the eclipse sinc i've done hydro setups in the past.

Chris
Project RS
Uncle Ben's Motorsports
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

vector_racingApr-20-01 01:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#1828, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 0

hey can i get turbo4's email address. i have the same set-up but am having problems with mine, and would like to ask him a few questions...

thanks

www.vectorracing.com

2GXTASYApr-20-01 05:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1829, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah, its nvmygst@yahoo.com

And Sabot, I belive it ways much less than stock/aftermarket setup with struts and springs. I'm not for certain though. I'm sure Vector knowns.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Boostin ASAP

JunoonApr-20-01 08:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
#1830, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 8

hey vector.. is the ride really that bad?? as eclipse804 discribed?

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
AF/X UDP (its here )
K&N Filter
which should be next? a performance muffler? or a set of springs/coilovers???

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student
Michigan

Teameclipse804Apr-20-01 09:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#1831, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

Let me clarify a little - I didn't mean to say the ride is really bad, but that its generally worse than a spring and shock combo. There's also the safety issue that some people are concerned about. Also, I know a guy whose car died on the freeway due to engine probs, and then his air bags wouldn't go up, and he ended up scraping the whole bottom of the car getting it on a tow truck. But overall, it shouldn't be that big of a problem. A lot of trucks use air bags with competition systems. Its just that almost every car in the body shop has had at least one minor leaking problem with one of their air bags.

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

SabotApr-20-01 11:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
692 posts,
#1832, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 10

2GXTASY, I figure it's more cause compresor and air tank. My two concern right now are power & weight and I don't want to add no more weight.

jZaApr-21-01 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1833, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 11

yeah it's the shiznit, i thought of doing this a while back until i heard how much it cost him...like 2 grand he says and he did it himself. he also said the ride is better than with the coil overs he had.

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

vector_racingApr-21-01 12:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#1834, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 9

dude it sucks, so far...i have not driven it that much, and it's in the shop for now...
but when i did drive it, it felt like a caddy...so soft and wavy, when you take a trun the car flots...
I'm putting in elect. valves and isolators that will help that (i think...) but it cost me $1200-1400 for the whole set-up.
but there were no instructions with it, the "kit" was missing items (i.e. bolts, fittings, tee's, not to mention that on the rear strut the fitting with the hole, when it attaches to the wheel, that hole was too small, so i had to remove the sleeve from my old shocks, and make the rubber bushing hole larger and press in the old sleeve...remember this was supossed to be a bolt in kit...and the fact that they hit, control arms,rims...) I still have my front coilovers and KYB's, for when i go racing, it's only 4 bolts to swap...and i can jack up the rear end to improve weight distrib. At my first show with them on, when i was in line i lost all pressure in the the front rods, and could not get it up for a while, the air was leaking from the rods...then every time i would trun the wheel, it would leak..

I would get rid of it, but i need to put it on trailers, and with the body kit i have now...It's so LOW...I need them

www.vectorracing.com

TalonApr-25-01 02:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#1835, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 13

is there an alternative out there that can do almost the same without these probs. i really dont know alot about suspension and stuff, what are air bags?

thanks

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Smokin' Honduh's All Day Long!

jZaApr-26-01 02:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#1836, "RE: Check out turbo 4's Air Ride Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 14

not really, air bags are acutally like the new-school hydros, they don't do as much, but they give better ride, you don't need a nuclear powerplant in your trunk, and they are cheaper.

the only other choice is coilovers

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

Armond30Apr-29-01 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#1837, "bags are pretty phat."
In response to Reply # 15

there is a guy in my local car club that just bagged his civic (bolt on kit). the kit was designed poorly, and the bag rubbed against the knuckle, and he sprung a leak . bags can be reliable........as long as they are done right. fastbag setups are fun to watch. I have a friend that is going to do air cylinders (can-overs) in his honda, and he is doing isolator valves for the cylinders, and a few other tricks. they say it shoudl be pretty stiff with teh isolator valves in place, so we shall see. I am sticking with my good ol' springs

Bring it on...........

trickedeclipseMay-01-01 02:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
438 posts,
#1838, "RE: bags are pretty phat."
In response to Reply # 16

i don't know if anyone would think this is cool, but i've really been thinking about doing the mini truck thing with my car. i even got to the point where i was planning on installing sheet metal on the cars bottom belly with 3/4" titanium skid plates so i could "drag" it at the blvd. the mini truck scene here is HUGE. the guys who drag their trucks around here get more props than the guys who drop $1,000's of dollars into engine work. i don't understand.

1996 Talon EsiNOS - Eclipse rear end

-PJ
'96 ESI-NOS Talon / '02 Subaru WRX

"Making Dreams Reality"

Eric97GSMay-01-01 07:04 AM
Old School 2GNTer
325 posts,
#1839, "RE: bags are pretty phat."
In response to Reply # 17

OK after looking at that i can make that at my work Hey Ian i am working on it right now so let me know if you want to try it out when i am done

Eric (Nkysmrf on AIM And Aol and my new name on AIM is Eclipse2GNT)
97 Eclipse GS

97 Eclipse GS

phatGSMay-05-01 08:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
541 posts,
#1840, "RE: bags are pretty phat."
In response to Reply # 17

dragging is awesome looking...there's a guy down here who drops his rear at like 40 on the road and drags, looks hot.

Brandon
AIM: DSMitsu95
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM CAI w/ bypass
Maxspeed Coilovers
Pilot FU STB
2 12" Pioneer IMPP's
Best ET: 17.243 @ 80.67 mph

Brandon
'95 GS, Auto.
AEM Cold Air w/ bypass valve
Front Upper Strut Brace
Maxspeed coilovers

klipzracerMay-05-01 10:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1841, "RE: bags are pretty phat."
In response to Reply # 19

"Wobble, wobble.......and drop it like it's hot."
hehehe.

Chris
Project RS
Uncle Ben's Motorsports
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1821 Previous topic | Next topic