Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18054
View in linear mode

Subject: "air ride???" Previous topic | Next topic
GregstoofastMay-29-03 02:02 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18054, "air ride???"

does anyone make a bolt on air ride suspension for the 2g eclipse???if not can we use the kit for the neon...if they do who makes it...i'm wantin to go with a two 5 galon tank 2 compressor set up...i want front,back,side,side

<-Eclipse Racer->
cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: air ride???, widebodied, Jun-01-03 05:49 PM, #1
RE: air ride???, frag02, Jun-02-03 06:34 PM, #2
RE: air ride???, ibangdchoeclipse, Jun-02-03 08:09 PM, #3
RE: air ride???, frag02, Jun-03-03 11:00 AM, #4
RE: air ride???, BigBald, Jun-03-03 11:27 AM, #5
      RE: air ride???, Diceman19, Jun-03-03 01:17 PM, #6
      RE: air ride???, ibangdchoeclipse, Jun-03-03 01:31 PM, #7
           RE: air ride???, Gregstoofast, Jun-04-03 01:53 PM, #9
                RE: air ride???, frag02, Jun-06-03 09:06 PM, #12
      RE: air ride???, frag02, Jun-04-03 11:25 AM, #8
           RE: air ride???, widebodied, Jun-04-03 07:04 PM, #10
                RE: air ride???, BigBald, Jun-05-03 09:41 AM, #11
                     RE: air ride???, frag02, Jun-08-03 03:23 PM, #13
                          RE: air ride???, GreenMonster, Jun-08-03 07:35 PM, #14
                               RE: air ride???, dudasd, Jun-10-03 10:09 AM, #15
                                    RE: air ride???, GreenMonster, Jun-10-03 06:46 PM, #16
                                         RE: air ride???, 95 Mitsu, Jun-10-03 07:07 PM, #17
                                              RE: air ride???, BlitzdEclipse99, Jun-11-03 03:45 AM, #18
                                                   RE: air ride???, VsEclipse99, Jun-15-03 01:25 AM, #19

widebodiedJun-01-03 05:49 PM
Member since Oct 22nd 2002
2257 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18111, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-01-03 05:51 PM by widebodied

i might have a air setup i might let go for cheap, hit me up if interested.

DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

frag02Jun-02-03 06:34 PM
Member since May 30th 2003
11 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18144, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 0

>does anyone make a bolt on air ride suspension for the 2g
>eclipse???if not can we use the kit for the neon...if they do
>who makes it...i'm wantin to go with a two 5 galon tank 2
>compressor set up...i want front,back,side,side
>
>
><-Eclipse Racer->
>cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4
>plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear
>mod,and shift kit
>

I currently have air ride on my eclipse, i bought my kit from http://coolcars.org/

there like right down the road from me, but i got 2 5gallon tanks, and 2 450(s) compressors, billet. F/B/S/S, it drops it alot,

heres what it looks like all the way down in the front...
side

side big

front big

rear...not all the way down i dont think

im waiting on Air Ride Technologies to release there air struts, since im gonna be going turbo soon, i need something that can withstand some power, and handle good. Which Air Cylinders definatly are not for.

if you have any question just email me at bagged@insightbb.com
-Brad

ibangdchoeclipseJun-02-03 08:09 PM
Member since Jun 26th 2002
747 posts,
#18148, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 2

man i kinda wanted it but now i know i want that shit, i can just imagine looking out my window at work to see my car sitting on the ground

frag02Jun-03-03 11:00 AM
11 posts,
#18157, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 3

>man i kinda wanted it but now i know i want that shit, i can
>just imagine looking out my window at work to see my car
>sitting on the ground

yea its awesome when you pull up to some one thinking there cool, and then just drop it on em, its great, i just have to work some kinks out of mine, like i have a wireless switch box, called "the airbox" and its really tiny, and so hard to get ride height, so i have to get a normal switchbox also, and then.. sometimes it picks up other frequenceys and lowers by its self. that sucks, and my driver/front air cylinder, when i hit a big bump it looses pressure some times, i dont know why, gotta check it out, and the my back air cylinders i need a small camber kit so that when i lower it all the way down, by purpose or accident it doesnt hit my air cylinder because it rubs a gash in my air cylinder and grinds my rear wheels, didnt mess them up or anything, just knocked the wheel weights off, but ill get stick ons when i rotate my tires. if i wouldve gotten any other front bumper i would be sittin on tein coilovers and there dampening system but my bumper sits so low if i wanted to get rid of any wheel gap my bumper would still be on the ground and i would end up breaking it, so my answer was air ride. im gonna find out if air ride technologies air struts will solve any of my problems, but im waiting untill i actually ride in a car with them, my buddys putting them on his car in a few weeks, so ill find out if they are as good as they say they are, and see if they lower just as much.

BigBaldJun-03-03 11:27 AM
2715 posts,
#18158, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 2

>I currently have air ride on my eclipse, i bought my kit from
>http://coolcars.org/
>
>there like right down the road from me, but i got 2 5gallon
>tanks, and 2 450(s) compressors, billet. F/B/S/S, it drops
>it alot,

>im waiting on Air Ride Technologies to release there air
>struts, since im gonna be going turbo soon, i need something
>that can withstand some power, and handle good. Which Air
>Cylinders definatly are not for.
>
>if you have any question just email me at
>bagged@insightbb.com
>-Brad

Son, that shit is sweet as hell...how much did the setup run you?

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

Diceman19Jun-03-03 01:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4629 posts,
#18159, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 5

my buddy got air ride tech kit on his 86 s10 and it ran him like $4500. they raped him!

ibangdchoeclipseJun-03-03 01:31 PM
Member since Jun 26th 2002
747 posts,
#18160, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 6

where can i get they cylinder kit and not get raped i aint rich

GregstoofastJun-04-03 01:53 PM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18202, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 7

are those 18's or 19's on the slamed white eclipse???i'm thinkin about gettin a set of chrome 19s and air

<-Eclipse Racer->
cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

frag02Jun-06-03 09:06 PM
11 posts,
#18257, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 9

>are those 18's or 19's on the slamed white eclipse???i'm
>thinkin about gettin a set of chrome 19s and air
>
>
><-Eclipse Racer->
>cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4
>plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear
>mod,and shift kit
>

18x7.5 Giovanna Nagano's

frag02Jun-04-03 11:25 AM
11 posts,
#18199, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 5
Jun-04-03 11:30 AM by frag02

>Son, that shit is sweet as hell...how much did the setup run
>you?

thanks! im pretty happy with how it sits. you should see how the rear looks in real live it cambers and looks so sweet.

i got my kit around 1800 for the setup but installation and all my extras like digital air gauge and ish, cost around $3000 probably

my buddy has wholesale through cool cars and owns a buisness, so he could make you a good deal, i just had alot of upgrades, and extra stuff. if you lived in ky i could probably get you hooked up pretty good.

widebodiedJun-04-03 07:04 PM
2257 posts,
#18211, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 8

anybody in this thread interested in a air ride kit?
DWAYNE H

www.gottude.com
Red/Black/Silver 01 GSXR 750
Lots of Apexi components...

BigBaldJun-05-03 09:41 AM
2715 posts,
#18223, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 10

how fast can you go on Air Suspension? I am interested but i like to get up in speed so if it is that much of a hinderance than i will stick to my current setup.

1995 GST - Who the hell knows

frag02Jun-08-03 03:23 PM
11 posts,
#18274, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 11

how fast?> depends, i could go really fast if i rode with mine low to the ground because it doesnt bounce as much or sway, but my front bumpers so big, that like ruins it for me, so im thinking about getting air struts from air ride technologies, there suppose to be for "handling, and speed...." so they say, if there crap they better believe there goin back. there supposed to be released soon, ima check em out.

GreenMonsterJun-08-03 07:35 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2002
100 posts,
#18276, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 13

I have air struts, but do not have them on. Anyone care to share INSTALL pics!

dudasdJun-10-03 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#18295, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 14

I have a full setup of Air Struts that have what you need. Only thing needed to make them work on an Eclipse will be new shackles for the bottoms to mount up to our car. Whole kit is Parker 4x4 cylinders, 2 Polished 5gal Tanks, 2 450 cfm 100% duty cycle compressors, all the lines and gauges, and everything you need. Shoot me mail if interested. We had everything on my GF's car for like 3 months until she felt a need to trade it in and get a truck. The thing is fast though, if you run it wide open it will hop your car. I had hers getting all 4 wheels off the ground for a while til we turned it down.

GreenMonsterJun-10-03 06:46 PM
Member since Feb 28th 2002
100 posts,
#18304, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 15

FRAG02.... I am pretty sure u emailed me about ur kit... Do u know anything about how it is set up. Thanks for the offer on having your friend hook it up for cheap, but I would kinda like to do it myself( or with help at least) that way I know what to do when it is broke and it is cheap(free install) Anyway if u kinda have basic setup.. maybe a drawing of urs(where your compressers are, valves, wiring, plumbing) anything will help!

Later

95 MitsuJun-10-03 07:07 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
767 posts,
#18305, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 16

Gregstootall...Have you sent out that 5 speed conversion yet? You were supposed to mail it out Monday and you havent answered my emails...

BlitzdEclipse99Jun-11-03 03:45 AM
Member since Apr 01st 2002
388 posts,
#18306, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 17

I've got full air ride on my car also. I run dual 6 gallon tanks, dual compressors, 8 valves, EAI cylinders and brackets, full electric 10 switch setup w/ front, back, side-side, and dog-leg with reverse pressure. I built the rack for the tanks and compressors, but everything else was handled by Mr. Scrape Customs in Sumter, S.C. All together it cost me $2100, that was for everything, plus a 1 year warranty on parts and labor.

The Hack Shack sells very affordable kits that can be bolted on and done in a day. just search google for "The Hack Shack", they have shops all over the U.S.

Custom Computers
http://www.virtual-octane.net

VsEclipse99Jun-15-03 01:25 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2002
105 posts,
#18410, "RE: air ride???"
In response to Reply # 18

So does anyone still have a air strut suspention setup still up for grabs? If so please email me at Butofingo1000@yahoo.com and see if we can work something out. Thanks.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18054 Previous topic | Next topic