Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 4 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18050
View in linear mode

Subject: "spring install gone good" Previous topic | Next topic
zerog16May-29-03 10:36 AM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18050, "spring install gone good"

i installed my goldlines this weekend on my stock struts. I really like the way it turned out. I did the 15 dolla camber and it worked nicely. Now my question. Do I really need an alignment? My car doesn't seem offline when I drive it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BoostedGSMay-29-03 11:01 AM
Member since Jun 30th 2002
1329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#18052, "RE: spring install gone good"
In response to Reply # 0
May-29-03 11:04 AM by BoostedGS

If you're car still steers straight, then your left-right alignment is probably still okay, but lowering the car could have thrown off the heel-toe alignment too. You won't be able to feel that when you're driving, but it can wear down your tires faster. It might still be worth getting the alignment done cuz that's cheaper than new tires.

You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fu**ing post count.

97 Eclipse GS - *SOLD*
01 Audi A6 2.7T
01 YZF-R6

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

xEclipsE RaceRxMay-29-03 12:06 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#18053, "RE: spring install gone good"
In response to Reply # 1

GET AN ALIGNMENT! I cant stress this any much more, it will suck buying new tires

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/VIS%20CF%20Hood/

daltahMay-29-03 02:41 PM
Member since Dec 09th 2002
240 posts,
#18055, "RE: spring install gone good"
In response to Reply # 2

How nice is the ride with the goldlines on?

zerog16May-29-03 03:52 PM
36 posts,
#18057, "RE: spring install gone good"
In response to Reply # 3

The ride isn't that bad. I thought it would be alot worse. But then again, I'm not that picky about the smoothness of the ride.

mitsuman297May-30-03 12:20 AM
560 posts,
#18061, "RE: spring install gone good"
In response to Reply # 4

at least someone had some success with installing their goldlines this last weekend. Lucky you.

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #18050 Previous topic | Next topic