Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17951
View in linear mode

Subject: "$15 camber mod HARDWARE QUESTION" Previous topic | Next topic
zerog16May-24-03 12:29 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
36 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17951, "$15 camber mod HARDWARE QUESTION"

ok I went up to home depot to get the stuff for a camber mod that I am going to use when I put on my goldlines that I just got. I found the right screws but it doesn't say anything about the hardness of the bolt. All it says is "Steel/Zinc Plated" and "High Torque". Will these work? I figured little Johnny Stoner that works there wouldn't know what hardness they were. I'm hesitant about using these because I don't want my suspension falling apart of me while I'm driving seeing how this is going to be my first time touching the suspension of a car. Also on a side note, if anybody has the goldlines with stock struts, how many washers did you use? or if you did it yourself, was it hard?

TIA

Brandon

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mitsuman297May-24-03 04:42 PM
560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17953, "RE: $15 camber mod HARDWARE QUESTION"
In response to Reply # 0

i'm going to attempt to do the same EXACT setup as you tomorrow. Now as far as the hardware, home depot didn't carry any of the stuff needed so i went to ace hardware and they had everything labeled exactly as in the writeup. I will let you know tomorrow night how many washers are needed unless someone else already knows.

winter project: custom t3/t4 turbo and some others

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Doug96GSMay-24-03 06:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#17955, "RE: $15 camber mod HARDWARE QUESTION"
In response to Reply # 1

Most guys use 6 i believe

WickedESiMay-24-03 07:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#17958, "RE: $15 camber mod HARDWARE QUESTION"
In response to Reply # 2

Just so everyone remembers we have stock KYB GR-2's, if they sell them aftermarket targeting lower'd cars I'm sure they will ride well.

zerog16May-24-03 09:34 PM
36 posts,
#17961, "RE: $15 camber mod HARDWARE QUESTION"
In response to Reply # 2

>Most guys use 6 i believe

That's what I was going to use if nobody knew. I might attempt it tomorrow but I have to get my hands on a jack and some jackstands before I start. And I also have a bitch ass chemistry project due tuesday so I might finish all that tomorrow and then install on Monday. But do tell me how many you used... TIA

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17951 Previous topic | Next topic