Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17697
View in linear mode

Subject: "why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?" Previous topic | Next topic
FarOutKuckiMay-13-03 08:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2719 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17697, "why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?"

i know it does but i never knew why....

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

EvMan2345May-13-03 08:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17699, "RE: why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?"
In response to Reply # 0

not all of the tire is spread out on the ground for maximum handling...

Evan B
97 GS
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

(Its actually stock sarrono red, but my digicam sucks, so it looks like a different color)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaMay-13-03 10:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#17703, "RE: why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?"
In response to Reply # 1

fall off the road?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

bEaUtFL_DiSAstRxMay-14-03 07:22 AM
Member since Apr 04th 2003
56 posts,
#17715, "RE: why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?"
In response to Reply # 2

lol... "be careful when you go out honey... dont fall off the road!!"

Work In Progress.

The1BillMay-14-03 11:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#17725, "RE: why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?"
In response to Reply # 3

Caster is more likely to make a car drift. The first 2Gs that hit the road had matched left and right front tyre caster, which made the car drift with the pitch of the road. Since we are on the right side of the crown of the road, early 2Gs had a tendency to drift right. They added a degree of negative caster to the driver side front tyre, and the cars held their line better.
-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

docta doomMay-16-03 05:52 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
240 posts,
#17745, "RE: why does bad camber make a car fall off the road?"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah, my car drifts right. made march of '95. but i had an alignment done. all cars drift right most of the time in miami though, cuz the roads are tilted more to deal with the rain (not that they do that well)

sucker MC

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17697 Previous topic | Next topic