Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17513
View in linear mode

Subject: "WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)" Previous topic | Next topic
95_ESi_PersonMay-03-03 10:26 AM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17513, "WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"

my wheel bearing went out 2 weeks ago on my way home for easter. i replaced it that friday (4/18/03) and i check my wheels last night, the bearing that i JUST replaced two weeks ago is wobbeling!!!! what the hell?

can i get another from a dealer (for free) because it only lasted 2 weeks? i'm pissed as hell right now.

i'm gonna go outside and tear the wheel off and check if it's the bearing or what when i'm done with laundry, but from what i felt last night the axle moved when the wheel did (so i'm thinking bearing).

any suggestions? i'm thinking ball joints, but those were supposed to have been replaced a couple of months ago anyway!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read), Amish_Eclipse, May-03-03 01:21 PM, #1
RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read), 95_ESi_Person, May-04-03 02:52 PM, #2
      RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read), Amish_Eclipse, May-04-03 04:41 PM, #3
           RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read), 95_ESi_Person, May-04-03 05:04 PM, #4
                RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read), Amish_Eclipse, May-04-03 06:35 PM, #5
                     RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read), 95_ESi_Person, May-05-03 06:47 AM, #6

Amish_EclipseMay-03-03 01:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17517, "RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"
In response to Reply # 0

depends. do you have lugcentric spacers on your car for those wheels? if you do the dealership will mostlikely blame it on that.

it also depends on what they replaced the original part with. if they gave you a new part from mitsubishi than i'd say you have a chance at arguing with them. if they pulled it from a junkyard so you could save some cash than you're prolly out of luck.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95_ESi_PersonMay-04-03 02:52 PM
3260 posts,
#17529, "RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"
In response to Reply # 1
May-04-03 02:54 PM by 95_ESi_Person

there is a pic of box below (i'm thinking mitsu crap) so i should be able to get another for free!? come on... $165 and lasting less than 2 weeks!!!! i got it at a Chrysler dealer.
oh yeah, definitely BEARING

Amish_EclipseMay-04-03 04:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#17531, "RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"
In response to Reply # 2

looks OEM. go bitch your head off at them. if they don't warranty the part they still warranty their work for like 30 days

95_ESi_PersonMay-04-03 05:04 PM
3260 posts,
#17533, "RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"
In response to Reply # 3

i put it on myself

Amish_EclipseMay-04-03 06:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#17534, "RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"
In response to Reply # 4

ut oh. still go bitch. as long as your work was done right than you should be cool. i've never done a wheel bearing.

95_ESi_PersonMay-05-03 06:47 AM
3260 posts,
#17548, "RE: WTF!!! I hate this car! (read)"
In response to Reply # 5
May-05-03 06:49 AM by 95_ESi_Person

now i have to either 1) go to a dealer and pay a service charge for them to check out the part on the car; 2) same as above but only show them the part (which is better cause they will blame the wheels)

yes, i did give them hell, and i made sure they knew i was pissed off.
i'm gonna be retarded and drive it the 250 miles home and bring the bearing in there (another car at home) also because i have the proper tools there. it's not grinding yet so i think i may be ok. if i die, please remember my stupidity and keep that in consideration when you think of doing something as dangerous as that.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17513 Previous topic | Next topic