Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17001
View in linear mode

Subject: "What kind of brake system setup?" Previous topic | Next topic
SynthplayaApr-12-03 10:00 AM
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
265 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17001, "What kind of brake system setup?"

I need new brakes. I want slotted/crossdrilled rotors. What all is needed when buying a break system? Are new calipers needed? Where can I get front and back brake rotors, pads, and whatever else is needed at a great price? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fasterGSApr-12-03 10:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17003, "RE: What kind of brake system setup?"
In response to Reply # 0

You don't NEED to change the calipers. Personally I think stock 2gnt brakes suck though. raceconcepts has some good priced rotors, and everyone seems to like them so far. Pads I would get metal master or something of that nature.

And if you really want good brakes, get some dual piston calipers, and the above mentioned stuff.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Amish_EclipseApr-12-03 05:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17011, "RE: What kind of brake system setup?"
In response to Reply # 1

check the main page for the GSX brake upgrade. it's relatively cheap from what i remember and works very well.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

KLIPZEDApr-14-03 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
238 posts,
#17043, "RE: What kind of brake system setup?"
In response to Reply # 2

GSX calipers= about 60-85 bux each at autozone
Rotors=25-75 bux eaxh depending on brand etc.
pads= 30-80 bux also depending on brand

thats perty much everything you need, i think you can use the same brake line right?

Walker
95 Minden Silver Klipz GS A/T
One day my car will be in one piece
AEM CAI, Pacesetter Exhaust, Ported TB, Pro-Kit w/ Tociko Blues, 17" Excel TZ-7s(Gunmetal),SilverNT's rear carpet kit(lovin it), Interfire 1200w amp pushin 2 kicker comp 12's

ChamukoApr-14-03 11:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#17047, "RE: What kind of brake system setup?"
In response to Reply # 3

you could, but for another 85 bubks at rre you can get ss lines. for and overall firmer feel.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

SynthplayaApr-17-03 07:19 AM
Member since Jul 23rd 2002
265 posts,
#17082, "RE: What kind of brake system setup?"
In response to Reply # 4

That GSX setup you listed above is just for the front right? Also does that work with the GST. thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #17001 Previous topic | Next topic