Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16556
View in linear mode

Subject: "?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)" Previous topic | Next topic
Danny95ESIMar-21-03 12:32 PM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16556, "?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"

I've been driving around on my Sportlines and Tokico HP blues for about 65000 miles now...I'm about to switch to Pro kits- should I change the shocks while I'm at it? How much longer do you suppose they will last? They still ride well though. Thanks guys.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos), SonicYan, Mar-22-03 10:16 AM, #1
RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos), espilcEGS, Mar-22-03 02:17 PM, #2
RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos), Smoke Honda, Mar-24-03 07:24 AM, #3
      RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos), Danny95ESI, Mar-24-03 10:06 AM, #4
           RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos), CaptinMorgan97, Mar-24-03 12:19 PM, #5
                RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos), espilcEGS, Mar-24-03 12:29 PM, #6

SonicYanMar-22-03 10:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16565, "RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"
In response to Reply # 0

Aren't they supposed to have lifetime warranty on it? Not sure. Shit, I don't plan on changing my struts in the near future!

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

espilcEGSMar-22-03 02:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#16569, "RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"
In response to Reply # 1

You should do a pole on the life of the Blues. 65000 is pretty good from all the reading i've done on here the past couple of years. I though the life was more around 30k with a drop. They might just continue to do you just fine. Or you could treat yourself and get some Illuminas!

05 STi

Smoke HondaMar-24-03 07:24 AM
Member since Oct 27th 2002
563 posts,
#16583, "RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"
In response to Reply # 1

i don't think they have a warrenty if you put aftermarket springs on your car. at least that's what the shop owner told me when i brought the Blues.

Danny95ESIMar-24-03 10:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
900 posts,
#16588, "RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"
In response to Reply # 3

yeah...i checked on the tokico site- no warranty if you use lowering springs. But how would they know if you just sent them the shocks? lol

anyways....i guess they should be replaced when i do the springs

CaptinMorgan97Mar-24-03 12:19 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
282 posts,
#16592, "RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"
In response to Reply # 4

for the KYB AGX, their warrantee covers lowered cars, up to 1.5 inches.

espilcEGSMar-24-03 12:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
257 posts,
#16593, "RE: ?-How long do shocks last? (particularly HP Tokicos)"
In response to Reply # 5

So does the Illuminas

05 STi

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16556 Previous topic | Next topic