Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #163
View in linear mode

Subject: "Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamStan2gntDec-10-00 02:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#163, "Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?"

What brand of rear bar are you using and where did you get it. I haven't seen any DSMs with rear bars yet. Are yours Tenzo's?

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
Stan2gnt@yahoo.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
I have a Top Speed Racing rear lower, TeamDeanoD, Dec-10-00 03:33 AM, #1
RE: Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?, John99RS, Dec-10-00 08:06 AM, #2
RE: Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?, TeamStan2gnt, Dec-10-00 05:04 PM, #3
RE: Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-11-00 03:07 AM, #4
Got Sway?, TeamDeanoD, Dec-11-00 01:22 PM, #5
      RE: Got Sway?, TeamMichael_97RS, Dec-12-00 04:02 AM, #6

TeamDeanoDDec-10-00 03:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#164, "I have a Top Speed Racing rear lower"
In response to Reply # 0

It bolted up in minutes and really help stiffen the rear. I also installed Energy Suspension sway bar bushings. Suspension.com has them in stock. S&A Motorsports has the rear tie bars in stock and they are very good quality. Here is the numer and e-mail. 501-450-6333 scottyheaslet@hotmail.com

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSDec-10-00 08:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#165, "RE: Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Stan, I have the Tenzo-R rear lower arm bar. I got it at Options Auto Salon(www.optauto.com), however, I think they were on sale at the time ($49.99). The install is easy as long as you can get under the car and have enough room to work. I backed mine up on ramps and had no problems. This bar works real well in conjunction with the other strut bars.

John
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

TeamStan2gntDec-10-00 05:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#166, "RE: Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks all.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
Stan2gnt@yahoo.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

TeamMichael_97RSDec-11-00 03:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#167, "RE: Michael_97RS Rear lower strut bar?"
In response to Reply # 0

Extreme Motorsports ( www.extrememotorsports.com ) makes one it cost me $70 or $80. Very nice, I definately recommend geting one. Yeah took 15 20 minutes tops. jacked one side up connected it jacked the other side and did that. All it is is two bolts and setting the length of the bar. Extremely helpful to the RS without a sway bar.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamDeanoDDec-11-00 01:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
#168, "Got Sway?"
In response to Reply # 4

For about $126 (after discount) you could have gotten the complete GS-T rear suspension conversion w/15mm bar. This took about an hour to install. I would do this first. IMHO

DeanoD
1997RS-NeverTurbo
http://ar.dsm.org

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

TeamMichael_97RSDec-12-00 04:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#169, "RE: Got Sway?"
In response to Reply # 5

Don't worry Dino, I'll have that done before long. Once I have the money for the RM Racinf Sway bars and the rear suspension pieces to add the rear sway bar.
I was on a roll ordering strut tower braces : )

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #163 Previous topic | Next topic