Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16009
View in linear mode

Subject: "ok ANOTHER drop question in this forum, please help!!" Previous topic | Next topic
blinkbizkit500Feb-25-03 09:21 AM
Member since Jun 21st 2002
1513 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16009, "ok ANOTHER drop question in this forum, please help!!"

hey guys, ok im fairly new to suspension mods. i just got a front strut bar, and now i want to get rid of some of the wheel gap that i have w/ my 16's. im hoping to upgrade to 18s but that probably won't be until next year so please keep that in mind. Now, i dont really know what to get! I am getting my body kit installed next week and it's the invader front which is pretty low, so i dont want to drop too low. I know the prokit drops only 1.2'' or so, so that is what i was thinking of getting. My question is will putting those springs on damage anything? I dont really know what i have to do to put the springs on, do i need coilovers to make sure that nothing breaks? If i just put the springs on my car is that ok? Will the camber get messed up? I'm not really looking to "lower" my car too much, i really just want to eliminate some wheel gap. thanks a lot guys, sorry for the dumb ?'s lol

steve

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shuwa29Feb-25-03 10:58 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
2301 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16016, "RE: ok ANOTHER drop question in this forum, please help!!"
In response to Reply # 0

rather you get springs or coilovers, nothing will break. you'll just need a camber kit to correct the toe and camber that is out of specs. springs are pretty much a set heighth. as with coilovers, you can adjust them. also, 18's will probably raise you up some. i know with my 14's i was low low and with the 18's not so low low but still low. so i hope that helps you out some. also, when you lower it, make sure to get an allignment.
later

2GNT #1865
2006 Yamaha YZF R6 (Blue/Black)
2005 Honda CBR 600 RR (Blue REPSOL)
2003 BMW 325I Premium/Sport Package
2003 Honda CBR 600 RR (sold)
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (sold)
Shuwa's links:
http://www.facebook.com/Shuwa29
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b50/shuwa29/

DarkOne> but we all have that inner ricer that is just dying to come out sometimes...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Mystic511Feb-26-03 07:32 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#16042, "RE: ok ANOTHER drop question in this forum, please help!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Here's my 'writeup' of the eibach pro-kits with illuminas install. I highly recommend them.

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=12912&mesg_id=12912&listing_type=search

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

jerseystyle1Feb-28-03 01:51 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
3135 posts,
#16088, "RE: ok ANOTHER drop question in this forum, please help!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Like he said^^^^^!

Allan
2008 Magnetic Black 350z NISMO /1976 Austin Mini 1098 Special (export)

Member# 1980

solareclipsegurlMar-04-03 03:09 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
254 posts,
#16158, "RE: ok ANOTHER drop question in this forum, please help!!"
In response to Reply # 3
Mar-04-03 03:10 PM by solareclipsegurl

well the eibach is great.. i dont have any problems with mine and i've had em on bout a year..
i have 17s with a 50 series tire which help with the ride.. and a spc front and rear camber kit=).. as well as a fully molded kit..and it rides nice and looks great with no probs.. i posted a pic of the height on http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=16122

~Lisa~

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #16009 Previous topic | Next topic