Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15750
View in linear mode

Subject: "yokohama avs sport tires" Previous topic | Next topic
WIKKIFeb-16-03 04:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15750, "yokohama avs sport tires"

Anyone ever run these? did you like them?

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-16-03 06:56 PM, #1
RE: yokohama avs sport tires, WIKKI, Feb-16-03 09:45 PM, #2
      RE: yokohama avs sport tires, CVedEclipse, Feb-16-03 10:01 PM, #3
           RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-17-03 08:16 AM, #4
RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Feb-17-03 10:34 AM, #5
RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-17-03 11:34 AM, #6
      RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Feb-17-03 12:03 PM, #7
           RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-17-03 05:02 PM, #8
                RE: yokohama avs sport tires, WIKKI, Feb-19-03 07:06 PM, #9
                     RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Feb-21-03 10:38 AM, #10
                          RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-22-03 02:04 PM, #11
                               RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Feb-22-03 02:25 PM, #12
                                    RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-22-03 06:18 PM, #13
                                         RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Feb-23-03 04:15 AM, #14
                                              RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-24-03 04:26 PM, #15
                                                   RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-25-03 05:55 AM, #16
                                                        RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Feb-25-03 03:56 PM, #17
                                                             RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Jasvb TS2K2, Feb-26-03 06:04 AM, #18
                                                                  RE: yokohama avs sport tires, Teamner947, Feb-26-03 08:40 AM, #19
                                                                       RE: yokohama avs sport tires, discount_tyr420a, Mar-06-03 01:50 AM, #20

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-16-03 06:56 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15761, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 0

I run the Yokohama AVS ES100 and even turbo with traction issues, I love them on dry conditions, but not for snow and wet launches...but good for rain driving.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WIKKIFeb-16-03 09:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#15763, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 1

thanx for the input.

peace
WIKKI

THIS is f**king THIS!

CVedEclipseFeb-16-03 10:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#15764, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 2

im running the sames tires as Jasvb TS2K2...

so far im liking them alot.. havent been able to corner with them yet, cus of fender issues.. for straights, they seem to have pretty nice stick.. and im running 8lbs

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-17-03 08:16 AM
1419 posts,
#15780, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 3

>im running the sames tires as Jasvb TS2K2...
>
>so far im liking them alot.. havent been able to corner with
>them yet, cus of fender issues.. for straights, they seem to
>have pretty nice stick.. and im running 8lbs

I have cornered with them in rain and they grip. One thing I do feel more are bumps and uneven patches or divisions at speeds above 60mph. But the rim protector is a nice touch, the grove is pretty radical and the new silica material seems great. I also run 8psi.

discount_tyr420aFeb-17-03 10:34 AM
Member since Jul 28th 2002
237 posts,
#15782, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 0

nice choice of tires guys....i sell tires and love yoko's i have the parada spec-2 on 18s myself. the avs sports are better than the paradas or the es100s. the avs sports are meant to enhance handling of cars such as porsches, ferarris, and lambos. they are well worth the extra money ...if you want any more info, let me know.

1995 RS AT w/196,000 mile
KYB AGX w/Eibach Sportline($485.0 )
10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sport
Toucan Muffler w/2.5" catback
OBX Header w/ hollowed kitty
Port/Polished Head w/ SS Valves

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-17-03 11:34 AM
1419 posts,
#15785, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 5

I know now what the AVS sport looks like. I wanted those but the $$$ wasn't there. I love Yokohama's. I just bought some AVID V4 for my Audi. Hey discount, any info on the DOT Yokohama A032R?

discount_tyr420aFeb-17-03 12:03 PM
237 posts,
#15786, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 6

hell yeah man....im buyin myself a pair for my 16's...either that or the yoko A520. both are great for road coarse or drag, but remember the a032r have only 5 or 6 32nds on them and have a treadwear or 60. let me know if ya want em....ill hook up a fellow 2g'e

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-17-03 05:02 PM
1419 posts,
#15791, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 7

>hell yeah man....im buyin myself a pair for my 16's...either
>that or the yoko A520. both are great for road coarse or drag,
>but remember the a032r have only 5 or 6 32nds on them and have
>a treadwear or 60. let me know if ya want em....ill hook up a
>fellow 2g'e

Let me know. Send me an email with any info. Size: 205/55-16. The lowest price I have seen is $152 a piece. I'd want 2 only for the front. My zip is 06226. Hollar! Tell me a price and how long you could give me that price for. If I do get it will be before summer time.

WIKKIFeb-19-03 07:06 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#15861, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 8

I just got a set of them off of ebay for $500.00. I read up on them before I bid (the bid was the at $425 with 22hrs to go). the tread looks alot different than most tuner type tires. I was just hoping that I didn't get a dog.

peace
WIKKI

THIS is f**king THIS!

discount_tyr420aFeb-21-03 10:38 AM
237 posts,
#15915, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 9

the avs sport is about 2 steps above the 'tuner' level unless you're running down them porsches and lambos...then its right at your level;)

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Amish_EclipseFeb-22-03 02:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15943, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 10

avs sports are good but i'd rather trust michelin's. parada's are good looking but they don't stick as well as they look. the a032r's are noisey bastids that's for sure.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

discount_tyr420aFeb-22-03 02:25 PM
237 posts,
#15946, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 11

yeah...but the a032r's are not meant for the street by anymeans....and i dont want to rustle feathers, but yokos stick just as well as michelins and the parada spec-2's stick like glue. 55 mph corner at 115mph = STICKY

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-22-03 06:18 PM
1419 posts,
#15951, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 12

>yeah...but the a032r's are not meant for the street by
>anymeans....and i dont want to rustle feathers, but yokos
>stick just as well as michelins and the parada spec-2's stick
>like glue. 55 mph corner at 115mph = STICKY
>
I have read that aswell about the A032. I guess some confusion about it's DOT standard and street use. So is it a street tire or not by any means. I am not too sure from your post either.

"The ONLY Honda I'd mod would be ASIMO"

discount_tyr420aFeb-23-03 04:15 AM
237 posts,
#15961, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 13

lol....sorry bout the confusion. the a032r's have a DOT approval, but youll only get like 5000-7500 miles out of them. they are ok to drive on the street, but they are also menat for use on the strips and courses. cuz i was gonna do these, and just take em with me to the track and change them at the strip/track. also, if you pay attention to the measurement of tires...this tire has 6/32 to start out with, where your normal high performance/all season tire starts out at 9-10/32. i get bored easy at work and all i do is look at our yokohama book...lol

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Amish_EclipseFeb-24-03 04:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15982, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 14

after installing tires for this long and driving both brands i'd have to say that high end michelin's are mo betta.

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-25-03 05:55 AM
1419 posts,
#16002, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 15

Anyone know any info on the Yokohama A032R S-Compound? How is it different from the regular A032R?

discount_tyr420aFeb-25-03 03:56 PM
237 posts,
#16022, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 16

S = Silica....its whats makes yokos nice. the silica compound heats up and sticks but doesnt melt as fast when extremely hot. found that out with my paradas...i drove then really hard for 20k with a bad camber and still hooked up. and it makes it awesome in the rain as well. and for amish, ive been in tires for 7 years now, and we have more mich defects than yokohama...and i work for a national chain

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Jasvb TS2K2Feb-26-03 06:04 AM
1419 posts,
#16041, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 17

>S = Silica....its whats makes yokos nice. the silica compound
>heats up and sticks but doesnt melt as fast when extremely
>hot.

So what does that mean for the A032R-S? Does that make it a better performer on the street? I just saw it advertised online but no other info. Do you know when it should be out?

Teamner947Feb-26-03 08:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#16046, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 18

anyone around have the avs intermediates? i know they were recently discontinued, but i've always been happy with them. i wonder why they were taken off the market? new parada?

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

discount_tyr420aMar-06-03 01:50 AM
237 posts,
#16204, "RE: yokohama avs sport tires"
In response to Reply # 19

the a032r-s is already out and you can get em anytime...and about the avs intermediates, they have been replaced with the es100's. not a bad substitute at all, but i think the yoko a520 will be better in the 'track' sense.

10.3mm OBX wires
NGK Plugs
18" Konig Elan

to come...
lambo doors possibly

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15750 Previous topic | Next topic