Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1553
View in linear mode

Subject: "need stock 14" rim weight please read!" Previous topic | Next topic
mike_dApr-05-01 07:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1553, "need stock 14" rim weight please read!"

i put on my 17's today and i decided to weigh them and my stick 14's and i was pleasantly surprised. my stock 14's with goodyear ultra grip snow tires 195/70/14 weighed in at almost exacly 40 pounds, i thought my 17's would weigh alot more but they also weighed in at almost exactly the same weight, 40 lbs. my 17's are cheap ass BSA 8 spoke aluminum (5zigen GT8 knock offs). can anybody else confirm the weight of their stockers cause im not shure if my scale is correct. i used a bathroom scale so there will probably be some variation but it shouldnt be a lot. what do you guys think

95 Talon ESi-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: need stock 14" rim weight please read!, mike_d, Apr-05-01 07:19 AM, #1
my best guess, ModeratorVX100, Apr-06-01 05:36 AM, #2
RE: need stock 14" rim weight please read!, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-06-01 06:00 AM, #3
The stock 14"s are over 20lbs!, Skrilla, Apr-06-01 03:29 PM, #4
are you sure?, ModeratorVX100, Apr-07-01 08:47 AM, #5
      Maybe not..., Skrilla, Apr-07-01 10:58 AM, #6

mike_dApr-05-01 07:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
718 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1554, "RE: need stock 14" rim weight please read!"
In response to Reply # 0

BTW my 17's have bridgestone potenza RE910 215/45/17 tires

95 Talon ESi-T

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorVX100Apr-06-01 05:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1555, "my best guess"
In response to Reply # 0

14 lbs, that's a rough guess

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamMichael_97RSApr-06-01 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1556, "RE: need stock 14" rim weight please read!"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know how you weighed them but bathroon scales normally aren't that accurate at the low end try weighing your self and then yoeuself holding the tire and subtract. You should get a better reading.

BTW I weighed my TSW Blabe 17x7.5 when I got then with no tires (still need tires) and they weuighed 16lbs... on my bathroon scale.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

SkrillaApr-06-01 03:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1557, "The stock 14"s are over 20lbs!"
In response to Reply # 0

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

ModeratorVX100Apr-07-01 08:47 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1558, "are you sure?"
In response to Reply # 4

the stock rims/tires feel like they weigh the same as my aftermarket setup (which is 36 lbs) and holding a stock rim/tire while I was standing on a scale seems to confirm this

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

SkrillaApr-07-01 10:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1559, "Maybe not..."
In response to Reply # 5

...I remember them being like 23lbs. Maybe I'm totally off, I have my stock 14's in my garage. I'll go weigh them. Also the stock tires are like 20pounds too(Myabe that's wrong too?) It doesn't matter, I'll weigh them on my neighbors scale or somethin'

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1553 Previous topic | Next topic