Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15408
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!" Previous topic | Next topic
djtrickeeFeb-01-03 09:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15408, "Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"

Ok, I finally got all the parts I needed and completed the assembly and install today. Only took me about 3 hours total, 1 1/2 hour for the 1st brake (wanted to make sure I got it right!) and then finished the other 3 corners faster. It was a really easy install and everything bolted up exactly like it should. I will work on a write up if anyone is interested.
Here is what I used:
GSX dual piston Calipers
Raceconcept slotted and cross drilled GSX rotors
AXXIS MetalMaster pads
Stainless Steel brake lines (GSX) for all 4 corners
Speedbleeder Bleeder valves
Foliatek Caliper paint

And now here is the link:

http://eclipse2003.web1000.com/

Enjoy!

-Chris b.

Oh yea and there are a few other pics of my car in there also...
but none of me... buwahahahahahahah

.........................................................................................................................

Built. That's All...
.........................................................................................................................
www.monkeybuttpirate.com
2 Fingers of Scotch with a milk back... Stat!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, fasterGS, Feb-01-03 09:53 PM, #1
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, djtrickee, Feb-01-03 10:53 PM, #2
      RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, 97xtc, Feb-02-03 09:13 AM, #3
           RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, MotoFool, Feb-02-03 09:37 AM, #4
                RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, FnNitWit81, Feb-02-03 02:14 PM, #6
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, jsupetran, Feb-02-03 02:10 PM, #5
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, fasterGS, Feb-02-03 02:56 PM, #7
      RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, John99RS, Feb-02-03 03:33 PM, #8
           RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, Amish_Eclipse, Feb-02-03 03:44 PM, #9
                RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, thedawg, Feb-14-03 08:31 AM, #20
GSX brake conversion page, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-02-03 07:07 PM, #10
RE: GSX brake conversion page, kyeclipseracer, Feb-04-03 07:42 AM, #11
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, raul, Feb-06-03 05:09 AM, #12
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, djtrickee, Feb-06-03 06:15 AM, #13
      RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, kyeclipseracer, Feb-07-03 12:12 PM, #14
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, derek, Feb-08-03 09:41 AM, #15
RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, HadesOmega, Feb-11-03 10:18 PM, #16
      RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, fasterGS, Feb-12-03 08:50 AM, #17
      RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Feb-12-03 09:08 AM, #18
      RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!, TeamJasonESi_T, Feb-12-03 08:14 PM, #19

fasterGSFeb-01-03 09:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15409, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 0

What do you think of those braided brake lines?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

djtrickeeFeb-01-03 10:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15410, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 1

I havent really had time to stomp on em yet since the pads and rotors need time to seat, but they are definantly stiffer and you get more pedal response, you can feel the road more with em. I have had them on my CBR an mini-cooper for years and have grown acustomed to that kind of response. I recommend them to anyone looking for more from their brakes...
-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

97xtcFeb-02-03 09:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
353 posts,
#15412, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 2

Looks like you bought all new, How much do you have wrapped up in the whole deal?

ASE certified master auto technician

MotoFoolFeb-02-03 09:37 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#15413, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 3

looks real nice dude,

where did u get those rotors and how much?

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

FnNitWit81Feb-02-03 02:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1861 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15417, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeh man, that is a great upgrade. Kinda influenced me to do it now definatly. As I plan on going turbo in the spring\summer. Were did you get all the parts, I'm sure I can find the calipers for cheap at a local yard. What year do i need to look for? Also does just changing the lines make a difference? As in, if I change my lines right now, will I have better pedal responce? Thanks for the info, can't wait for the write up.

Good Job

jsupetranFeb-02-03 02:10 PM
Member since May 04th 2002
4359 posts,
#15416, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 0

that's awesome, yeah do a write up. also, what's the breakdown on the price and what websites did you go to get all the parts?

New Car:
2004 350z base, Nismo CAI, pioneer avic-n1 (dvd, cd, navi)

Old Car:
1998 GS with hrc stage 2, HID 6000k conversion kit, AEM UEGO wideband, sfmu, ml, prokits, Greddy warning gauges: egt, boost gauge, and oil pressure, apexi tt, haydans tranny cooler, costum dp, groundwires, dynotune fp gauge. gst muff, turbo spoiler
Boostin since Aug 03.

nothing like driving with the windows down and the music low: i love hearing the turbo spool, swwwhhhttt!!!!

fasterGSFeb-02-03 02:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#15419, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 5

There is a write up on the 2gnt home page already. Look in sections, mods, gsx brake conversion or something like that.

John99RSFeb-02-03 03:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#15423, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 7

Looks good man!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Amish_EclipseFeb-02-03 03:44 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#15424, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 8

artisty IMO.

yeah do a write up. i'm interested. where did you get the rotors? do you need 17's to fit that setup?

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

thedawgFeb-14-03 08:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#15720, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 9
Feb-14-03 08:35 AM by thedawg

Good writeups everyone, thanks! MMMM:

(From the main page): you might think about investing in a new spare since your stock one won't be able to fit over this setup. Additionally, if you have 14's forget about using those, but 16" rims will fit just fine.

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-02-03 07:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#15435, "GSX brake conversion page"
In response to Reply # 0

Looks great man!

http://www.2gnt.com/nuke/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=31

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

kyeclipseracerFeb-04-03 07:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#15455, "RE: GSX brake conversion page"
In response to Reply # 10

yeah how much in all? iam doing mine next week and need to know.

raulFeb-06-03 05:09 AM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
91 posts,
#15509, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 0

Nice work, looks good. Did everything just swap out one for one? Where did you get the calipers from?

1996 Eclipse GS *Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust-Iceman intake-Greddy Headers-Top Fuel UDP-Front strut tower brace-MSD 8.5mm wires-NGK plugs-ES mm inserts-APEX Short shifter-Tenzo 1.5" lowering springs-F&R crossed drilled/slotted rotors-Tokico Blues

djtrickeeFeb-06-03 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5924 posts,
#15512, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 12

Everything did swap out perfectly. There were no problems.
I got the calipers from a member of the board here who was selling parts off of an wrecked GSX. Good deal. I paid total for the whole conversion I think around $360.00.
That was for the front calipers
Slotted and Cross-drilled rotors from raceconcepts.net,
SS brake lines for all for corners,
New AXXis MetalMasters pads,
new hardware, anti-rattle clips, and shims from Mitsu,
and the Foliatek caliper paint.

I have gotten about 150 miles on em now, and boy howdy they are a huge improvement. You can really feel the braking and they grip like none other. Very happy with the swap.
-Chris b.

Built. That's All...
www.monkeybuttpirate.com

kyeclipseracerFeb-07-03 12:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
211 posts,
#15538, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 13
Feb-07-03 12:12 PM by kyeclipseracer

just ordered mine today and wood was very responsive and quick to get my order procesed. rear disk conversion and gsx conversion next weekend. and ss lines

derekFeb-08-03 09:41 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
325 posts,
#15547, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 0

Invest in some wheel locks =)
-derek

HadesOmegaFeb-11-03 10:18 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#15636, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 15

dude there's been a write up even b4 the one you posted up.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291546499

I don't know why anyone looks at my shiz, I guess I'll just have to put it on my sig or something, but wait I don't even have any space to put stuff on my sig anymore

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

fasterGSFeb-12-03 08:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
#15644, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
In response to Reply # 16

hehe, if it makes you feel any better hades I printed out your pictures and write up and used it back when I did mine

ModeratorEvuLFleAFeb-12-03 09:08 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#15645, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"
Feb-12-03 09:09 AM by EvuLFleA

>dude there's been a write up even b4 the one you posted up.
>
>http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291546499
>
>I don't know why anyone looks at my shiz, I guess I'll just
>have to put it on my sig or something, but wait I don't even
>have any space to put stuff on my sig anymore

I've been on your site COUNTLESS times for turbo install pics, brake install pics, RICE pics, etc. Very very helpful indeed. Oh yeah, you have 44 points (more than most the board) and just read the ratings. Everyone is grateful for your pics and writeups.

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

TeamJasonESi_TFeb-12-03 08:14 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
#15662, "RE: Pics of my GSX Brake conversion!!! Yay!"

Hell yeah, man.

You definitely inspired me!

You ARE appreciated!

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15408 Previous topic | Next topic