Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15234
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ebiach Camber kits" Previous topic | Next topic
techboyJan-26-03 12:14 PM
Member since May 20th 2002
1662 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15234, "Ebiach Camber kits"

I'm thinking about dropping my car in the next month or so. I was on Tirerack.com the other night and there selling a front and rear camber kit from Ebiach for 93 bucks each. Anyone have these and like them?? They also are selling the ProKits for 250. I never looked at this stuff before, is that a decent price? Where are you guys getting them? I'm curious about the Tokio Blues as well
- what do they go for? TIA

In order:
Mirror Tint|Grillcraft grill|SprilMax|GST Exhaust|Front/Rear strut bars|EBC brakes|Brembo Crossdrill/slotted rotors|AEM CAI|NGK Plugs|Magnecor Wires|K

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Ebiach Camber kits, Luzahan, Jan-27-03 05:07 PM, #1
RE: Ebiach Camber kits, techboy, Jan-27-03 05:24 PM, #2
      RE: Ebiach Camber kits, randy, Jan-27-03 06:29 PM, #3
           RE: Ebiach Camber kits, techboy, Jan-28-03 10:45 AM, #4
                RE: Ebiach Camber kits, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-28-03 02:02 PM, #5
                     RE: Ebiach Camber kits, techboy, Jan-28-03 03:26 PM, #6
                          RE: Ebiach Camber kits, TeamXtremeRS, Jan-28-03 04:24 PM, #7
                               RE: Ebiach Camber kits, John99RS, Jan-29-03 08:49 AM, #8
                               RE: Ebiach Camber kits, mbenz910, Jan-29-03 09:16 AM, #9
                                    RE: Ebiach Camber kits, Attrayant, Jan-29-03 03:17 PM, #10
                                         RE: Ebiach Camber kits, techboy, Jan-29-03 04:51 PM, #12
                               RE: Ebiach Camber kits, techboy, Jan-29-03 04:44 PM, #11
                                    RE: Ebiach Camber kits, Attrayant, Jan-30-03 02:48 AM, #13
                                         RE: Ebiach Camber kits, John99RS, Jan-30-03 11:56 AM, #14
                                              RE: Ebiach Camber kits, Attrayant, Jan-30-03 01:11 PM, #15
                                                   RE: Ebiach Camber kits, techboy, Feb-04-03 05:37 PM, #16

LuzahanJan-27-03 05:07 PM
Donating 2GNT member
179 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15298, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm currently looking into new suspension parts also and most of the places I've looked the ProKits $253.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

techboyJan-27-03 05:24 PM
1662 posts,
#15301, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 1

There are a couple guys selling some Ebay, but nobody that really has tons of feedback or anything that I really trust. The best price I have seen so far is 248, but I've only looked at like 4 places.

Bump guys - I still wanna know what you think of the Eibach camber kits. I'm only doing this one time and I want to do it right, as with everything I do on my car. I do it right the first time - money is no object.

randyJan-27-03 06:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
662 posts,
#15308, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 2

Check out RRE for the prokit $215+ shipping. Also, don't get the eibach camber kits its made by SPECIALTY PRODUCTS they just put thier name on the package. I made a mistake of ordering the camber kits a year ago.

96 RST: Star Performance stag
05 scion xb: bolt ons
92 nissan 240sx
07 toyota sienna

techboyJan-28-03 10:45 AM
1662 posts,
#15322, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 3

Randy,

So what's the problem with the Eibach (Speciality) camber kits??

TeamXtremeRSJan-28-03 02:02 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15326, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 4

As for the Eibach front camber kits, don't get those. They come with press in control arm bushings, which you can't do by yourself, you need a hydrolic press. I have the Ingalls front camber kits, and have no complaints. Go in really easy also.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

techboyJan-28-03 03:26 PM
1662 posts,
#15331, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 5

Great Xtreme RS - now where can I get the ingalls and what do they go for? Do they have a rear kit as well? Would it matter if I went with the Eibach cambers if I was planning on having a mechanic install the camber kits? (I'll do the suspension myself, but I know you have them aligned anyway afterward, so I just thought I'd have the shop do it) Opinions.

WTB: 1/30/03 - Rods/Pistons/Rings
Going Hahn Stg II this summer.

TeamXtremeRSJan-28-03 04:24 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#15334, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 6

>Great Xtreme RS - now where can I get the ingalls and what do
>they go for? Do they have a rear kit as well?
I got mine front kits from here: http://www.gmpperformance.com/products/suspension/camber/mitsubishi.htm They also make a rear kit, which you can get if you dont want to do the 15 dollar camber mod with normal washers and longer bolts. Be aware on that website, that they list the price for EACH WHEEL, so you will need two part #'s for both the front, and two parts for the rear.

Would it
>matter if I went with the Eibach cambers if I was planning on
>having a mechanic install the camber kits? (I'll do the
>suspension myself, but I know you have them aligned anyway
>afterward, so I just thought I'd have the shop do it)
>Opinions.

Yeah, you can have the shop do it, but it will prob cost you some good money. If you get the Ingalls kits, then they are really easy to put in. If you can put the springs in yourself, then the camber kits are a cakewalk.
>
>

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

John99RSJan-29-03 08:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#15353, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 7

Yeah, don't get the Eibach(Specialty products) kit! I had that kit for about a year and the lube dries fast and the bushings make all kinds of noise....not to mention, wear away with time. I just changed them over to the ingalls kit and all is well. Also, like XtremeRS mentioned, it's a bitch to get the stock bushings out (Hammer and a large socket..hehe) to install the Eibach kit....the ingalls kit replaces all the stock stuff.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

mbenz910Jan-29-03 09:16 AM
Donating 2GNT member
338 posts,
#15354, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 8

I am looking at camber kits right now too and I came across this. It only comes out to a few bucks cheaper than gmp, but hey a few bucks is a few bucks. http://groupbuycenter.com/buy.aspx?id=8499

AEM CAI/ AFX UDP/ GST Muffler/ Magnecors/ NGK plugs/ Intrax Springs/ Symbroski Shift Kit

AttrayantJan-29-03 03:17 PM
Member since May 25th 2003
286 posts,
#15365, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 9

If I get a Ingalls front camber kit, which one should I get?? They list abunch on GMP, I'm on eibach sportlines with about a 2" drop.

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS - Sold
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

techboyJan-29-03 04:51 PM
1662 posts,
#15368, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 10

I believe I did a search on this before and someone said go with the poly. I think the rubber starts to sqeak over time. It looks to me if you have the money the brass are the best though.

techboyJan-29-03 04:44 PM
1662 posts,
#15367, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 7

Thanks Xtreme RS. I guess I'll be going with the ingalls. Gosh I love this board. Anyway, points for you Xtreme - I believe you have helped me in the past as well. Later.

AttrayantJan-30-03 02:48 AM
286 posts,
#15375, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 11

whats a good range of adjustment to get?

1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

John99RSJan-30-03 11:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#15387, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 13

I personally wouldn't get anything more than a +1 degree because you will have clearance issues with the upper control arms. I have mine out +1 degree on both sides to correct my negative camber in the front and the control arms just clear the inside fender well. The other kit I had was out +3/4 of a degree and it was fine then also....tires never wore unevenly.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

AttrayantJan-30-03 01:11 PM
286 posts,
#15388, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 14

Yeah, I had gotten the extreme sprint kit and the shop I had taken it to thought I had gotten the wrong kit because they were afraid it would hit the fender well. Thanks for the advice.

1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

techboyFeb-04-03 05:37 PM
1662 posts,
#15467, "RE: Ebiach Camber kits"
In response to Reply # 15

Ok, so I'm just about set ... I got my Tokico blues, Eibach prokits on the way. All I have to do is order my ingalls camber kits in a pay check and hope for some warmer weather and I'll be dropped! Who-ho

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #15234 Previous topic | Next topic