Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1505
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pro kit vs. Sportlines" Previous topic | Next topic
phrenzyApr-04-01 03:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1505, "Pro kit vs. Sportlines"

I'm debating which to go with. I've ordered adjustable Tokico Illuminas, and just can't decide on which springs I want. I like the drop of the sportlines, but I like the more aggressive rates on the Pro kit. hmmmm, what is a person to do? Any suggestions?

Also, if any of you have pictures with either set, please post.

Thanks-

'99 Eclipse GS
yeah, I know...they called me and said "they don't make those is gunmetal 5 lug" grrrrrrr.

http://www.rokitlabs.com

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Prokits!!, Skrilla, Apr-04-01 05:33 AM, #1
RE: Prokits!!, John99RS, Apr-04-01 06:36 AM, #2
RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, emitsu97, Apr-04-01 07:22 AM, #3
RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, phrenzy, Apr-05-01 01:30 AM, #4
      They actually settle..., Skrilla, Apr-05-01 04:45 AM, #6
RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, 99_GS, Apr-05-01 03:54 AM, #5
RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-05-01 12:50 PM, #7
RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, 99GSBBTurbo, Apr-05-01 02:15 PM, #8
      RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, ModeratorEvuLFleA, Apr-05-01 02:34 PM, #9
           RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, Nitrous_RS1997, Apr-05-01 04:11 PM, #10
                RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines, 9D9 MITSU RS, Apr-07-01 07:57 AM, #11
go with the prokits!, endless73, Apr-07-01 08:27 AM, #12
RE: go with the prokits!, 2GXTASY, Apr-09-01 05:43 AM, #13

SkrillaApr-04-01 05:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1506, "Prokits!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSApr-04-01 06:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#1507, "RE: Prokits!!"
In response to Reply # 1

I'll second the Prokits (I have 'em)

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

emitsu97Apr-04-01 07:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
63 posts,
#1508, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have either but I'm looking to buy Prokits. As for the pictures, RRE has pictures of Stock vs. Prokit vs. Sportline on their site under the suspension section. They even say that the Sportline were to low for their taste and you have to slow done for alot of things.

phrenzyApr-05-01 01:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#1509, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 3

Prokit seems to be what everyone is saying, so that's the way I'll probably go. I just wish they were a little lower. =\ Oh well.

'99 Eclipse GS
yeah, I know...they called me and said "they don't make those is gunmetal 5 lug" grrrrrrr.

http://www.rokitlabs.com

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

SkrillaApr-05-01 04:45 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#1510, "They actually settle..."
In response to Reply # 4

...to something more like 1.8". People I know who have had the sportlines prefer the Prokits more. I think it was Kory who said you'd be hard pressed to see the difference between the two. BTW He upgraded from the sportlines.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

99_GSApr-05-01 03:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
#1511, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 0

I have Sportline and like them a lot. Never owned the prokits so I couldn't compare the two. As someone mentioned above. I do have to slow down for a few things though.

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-05-01 12:50 PM

#1512, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 0

Even with the pro kit it is hard to get into some places without scraping the front. Dont get the sport lines unless you like having a messed up front end.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
PRO KIT (not in pic)
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

99GSBBTurboApr-05-01 02:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
#1513, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 7

I have Sportline and it's not that bad. It is really low, and I don't have to go THAT slow over bumps, and the ride is very very good. I have tokico Struts also, just not ADJ. but I heard that the Adj. struts ride very rough? My front end is fine, Ya, I've scraped it a little, but who hasn't?? But then again, I haven't had experience with the prokit, so I really can't compair.

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

ModeratorEvuLFleAApr-05-01 02:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9791 posts,
#1514, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 8

I got intrax 2" drop and the roads here are horrible and I usually only scrape a couple times a week because I wasn't paying attention.

ICQ #2199879
AOL - EvuLFleA
stillk@geocites.com

------------------------------------------------
98 ESi
95 GS

Nitrous_RS1997Apr-05-01 04:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
#1515, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 9

I have had them both, forst the sportlines...and now pro-kits. i like the pro-kits MUCH better. ride quality to me is no contest, the pro-kits are much better. i can tell it doesnt drop it quite as much, but everyone else cant tell any difference. i scraped a lot with the sportlines. when i put my pro-kits in, i was blown away by the difference. my vote goes to getting the pro-kits, no question. either way though, id get some aftermarket struts. i have Tokico N/A's and i love them.

1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
http://www.TeamKLR.com

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

9D9 MITSU RSApr-07-01 07:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1516, "RE: Pro kit vs. Sportlines"
In response to Reply # 10

I have sportlines. They ride nice, but 45 series tires scraped my fenderwells on 17" rims. I went to 40 series now, and it rides great. I don't scrape unless I am coming out of parking lots with steep inclines.

endless73Apr-07-01 08:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
253 posts,
#1517, "go with the prokits!"
In response to Reply # 0

I have prokits. Just look at the picture. Prokits drop the car pretty low, because the springs eventually settled to more than the manufacturer's specified lowering of 1.5", and I've had my fair share of scrapes.

Evan Lau
15.621 @ 89.5 mph

Eclipse-15.621 @ 89.5 mph
M3-13.192 @ 111 mph
Pick your poison!
http://www.onlineshowoff.com/index.asp?section=profile&username=endless73

2GXTASYApr-09-01 05:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1518, "RE: go with the prokits!"
In response to Reply # 12

Hey Endless, how long did you have your Pro-Kits before they settled in?

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1505 Previous topic | Next topic