Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1498
View in linear mode

Subject: "Thanks to all the guys who gave me info on the $15 Camber mod" Previous topic | Next topic
KahnApr-03-01 03:27 PM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1498, "Thanks to all the guys who gave me info on the $15 Camber mod"

I got that in today, and I think I got very close to stock camber back - woo hoo, maybe I won't be thrashing tires after all. Front camber is minimal, so I think it will just stay that way. While I had the car up I also found some teflon to shoot on all the joints - the car doesn't creak anymore, but is still bouncy as all hell (someone put it as "follows the road very precisely") - I just think it is quite bouncy.

If any body is lowered, and has not done this mod, do it - it is so quick (30 minutes for both sides), and definitely worth it.

2003 VW GTI 1.8t.. I used to have a 95 Eclipse but well...water sucks.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Thanks to all the guys who gave me info on the $15 Camber mod, Strauss, Apr-03-01 04:24 PM, #1
RE: Thanks to all the guys who gave me info on the $15 Camber mod, klipzracer, Apr-03-01 11:02 PM, #2
      APC Coilovers, Kahn, Apr-04-01 03:37 AM, #3
           RE: APC Coilovers, Irfan, Apr-06-01 07:39 AM, #4
                RE: APC Coilovers, Ryan_RS, Apr-10-01 05:00 PM, #5
                     Look under mods on the main page of www.2gnt.com, Kahn, Apr-11-01 12:39 AM, #6

StraussApr-03-01 04:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
953 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1499, "RE: Thanks to all the guys who gave me info on the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 0

What springs did you put on? Just curious...

Strauss
95 GS...
NOS 70-shot

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerApr-03-01 11:02 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1500, "RE: Thanks to all the guys who gave me info on the $15 Camber mod"
In response to Reply # 1

hope ya got your alignment done!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

KahnApr-04-01 03:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#1501, "APC Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 2

I am guessing the drop is about 2" maybe a little less - just went by my local alignment shop, and they said that they would try it, but it might be in my best interest to build some little ramps to help me get on the alignment rack - so we shall see.

IrfanApr-06-01 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#1502, "RE: APC Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 3

you're welcome

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

Ryan_HesApr-10-01 05:00 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#1503, "RE: APC Coilovers"
In response to Reply # 4

What 15$ camber mod? I need it, can someone explain?

Ryan
Ryeguy2002@Hotmail.com
'97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

http://www.monkeygods.com/Ryan
(Fast connection suggested)

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

KahnApr-11-01 12:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
431 posts,
#1504, "Look under mods on the main page of www.2gnt.com"
In response to Reply # 5

good luck.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1498 Previous topic | Next topic