Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1458
View in linear mode

Subject: "Too low for a kit?" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSApr-02-01 09:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1458, "Too low for a kit?"

I have a 99 Eclipse RS. I have my car dropped with Eibach sportline springs, 17" rims, and 40 series tires. I am looking at the wings west aggressor front or the front on the kit at the top of the asylumms.com kit page.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Too low for a kit?, 99GSBBTurbo, Apr-02-01 12:53 PM, #1
RE: Too low for a kit?, klipzracer, Apr-02-01 01:03 PM, #2
      RE: Too low for a kit?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Apr-02-01 01:47 PM, #3
           RE: Too low for a kit?, flossinpnoyracer, Apr-02-01 04:46 PM, #4
           RE: Too low for a kit?, DSMRoadster, Apr-02-01 07:10 PM, #5
                RE: Too low for a kit?, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-02-01 09:11 PM, #6
                     RE: Too low for a kit?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Apr-03-01 09:18 AM, #7

99GSBBTurboApr-02-01 12:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1459, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 0

You have 17's with 40 series tires?? you know your losing miles right? Your rims with those tires off set your milage, because your wheel set is now smaller then your stocks.

Anyway, I have 18's with 40's and it's the right hight for a body kit, but I don't know if I was any lower. So I don't know about 17's with 40's. I think it will be too low?

just my .02 cents

Ball Bearing Star Stage II
"Power is nothing without control"

I use to have a White 99 GS Sport with a Star Stage II Ball Bearing T3/T4 turbo...it was fun untill....well those who remember me know Oh Ya...this is what I have now... a 99' GSX...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerApr-02-01 01:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1460, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 1

check out slowGS's eclipse he's got my old front end w/ a sportline drop. I got the same front end and i just dropped my car more. about as low as him. i left my front bumpstops in and don't have any problems as long as i stay away from those mountainous mall speed bumps! hehehe

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Life is short, rev hard!"
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

9D9 MITSU RSApr-02-01 01:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1461, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, 45's scraped the fenderwells really bad. So, I had to go down to smaller tires. I have been lookingat the kit on different cars. It looks like it is scrape friendly. Looks pretty cloe to stock bumper size.

flossinpnoyracerApr-02-01 04:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#1462, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

i have the agressor on my car
i have 225/35/18 no scarapes

im selling my front end for 180
if u find me a box ill ship it
also u pay shipping

check the kit at
www.flossinpnoyracer.homestead.com

1999 GST

1997 RS

DSMRoadsterApr-02-01 07:10 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#1463, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 3

I'm getting the sportlines (eibach messed up my order, I was suppose to get pro kits and I don't want to be a burden on shaun frank). I plan to put on 17inch rims with 215/45 size tires. Does that mean the tires are gonna scrape and I can't put on a body kit because it's too low? Someone let me know.
F.K.A Veasna97NT

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

TeamStan2gntApr-02-01 09:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#1464, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 5

Tires aren't gonna scrape anything with 215/45 thats the correct tire size (same height as stock). I've had 215/40 with no troubles. I think the agressor would be fine with either with care. I dont know if the Blitz, Sensei and other styles will fair as well.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

9D9 MITSU RSApr-03-01 09:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#1465, "RE: Too low for a kit?"
In response to Reply # 6

Well, my car must be a 1-of-a-kind. I have a box in the trunk with 2 12" Audiobahn AW1200 subs in it. Maybe it weighed it down??? My back tires screeched horribly though.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1458 Previous topic | Next topic