Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14487
View in linear mode

Subject: "whats a good tire?" Previous topic | Next topic
2hot97GSDec-27-02 06:34 AM
Member since Aug 18th 2002
413 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14487, "whats a good tire?"

i just bought my 18s and im looking for some good tires to buy for em.... anyone have any sugestionts? im pretty open

Travis
Blue 93 Talon AWD
Best Time 11.9 w/ 104 octane
-Objects in mirror are getting thier asses kicked-

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: whats a good tire?, 420AYE, Dec-27-02 07:55 AM, #1
RE: whats a good tire?, Jasvb TS2K2, Dec-27-02 08:16 AM, #2
      RE: whats a good tire?, GSound, Dec-28-02 12:25 PM, #3
      RE: whats a good tire?, Doug96GS, Dec-28-02 01:30 PM, #4
           RE: whats a good tire?, juggalo, Dec-28-02 03:04 PM, #5
           RE: whats a good tire?, 420AYE, Dec-28-02 03:08 PM, #6
           RE: whats a good tire?, Jasvb TS2K2, Dec-28-02 03:58 PM, #7
                RE: whats a good tire?, LeakyMitsu, Jan-04-03 04:04 PM, #8
           RE: whats a good tire?, maronGS, Jan-05-03 01:10 AM, #9

420AYEDec-27-02 07:55 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14488, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 0

well it really depends on where you live, what kind of weather you get and how much money you have.

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jasvb TS2K2Dec-27-02 08:16 AM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#14489, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 1

With 18's there really isn't much to do about an all season, so get a nice summer tire. I would recommend a 225/40/18 for better grip and a little longer life. I have the Nitto NT555, a great tire. Or I'd also go with the popular Kumho's or the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 has a sick pattern. Hey if you are going to show the roll better do it with some nice rubber.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2

weasle745: and then to top it off, im not even an attractive guy. I look like Millhouse from the Simpsons, cant put on weight if my life depended on it, etc

GSoundDec-28-02 12:25 PM
Old School 2GNTer
112 posts,
#14490, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 2

This is my suggestion....

YOU GOT MONEY?!?!!?!
NITTO NT555
BRIDGESTONE POTENZA S-O2/SO-3 (whichever one you like)

YOU DON'T GOT MONEy?!?!
HANKOOK VENTURAS
KUMHO ECSTA SUPRA 712

i don't have money and bought the kumho ecsta supra 712. I have to say. i've been through 2 types of goodyear tires, and Kumho just kicked they're ass by FAR. I have full faith in Kumho right now, and i have yet to see someone dissapointed in the ecsta supra 712 tires.

Doug96GSDec-28-02 01:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#14491, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 2

>or the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW-2 has a sick pattern.

Ditto. That's what I'm rockin, even with upstate NY winters

juggaloDec-28-02 03:04 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#14492, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 4

KUMHO is this spelled wrong. cause that looks like 'cum hoe' to me

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

420AYEDec-28-02 03:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#14493, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 5

you pervert isn't it suppposed to be pronounced koom oh?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Jasvb TS2K2Dec-28-02 03:58 PM
Member since Jun 25th 2002
1419 posts,
#14494, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 5

>KUMHO is this spelled wrong. cause that looks like 'cum
>hoe' to me

LOL I was saying it like that too, till one day someone heard me and laughed, Dude it's not " COME HOE!" it's pronounced Koom O..hehe

http://www.cardomain.com/id/jasvbts2k2

weasle745: and then to top it off, im not even an attractive guy. I look like Millhouse from the Simpsons, cant put on weight if my life depended on it, etc

LeakyMitsuJan-04-03 04:04 PM
Member since Nov 15th 2002
311 posts,
#14495, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 7

im rockin the dunlop 9000's, love them! pretty soft though, the life isnt bad but you have to rotate them CONSTANTLY.

maronGSJan-05-03 01:10 AM
Member since Dec 25th 2002
36 posts,
#14496, "RE: whats a good tire?"
In response to Reply # 4

doug96gs where upstate are you from im from syracuse.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14487 Previous topic | Next topic