Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14156
View in linear mode

Subject: "Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?" Previous topic | Next topic
xEclipsE RaceRxDec-09-02 03:52 PM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14156, "Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"

Yea Im going to be installing my front ingalls camber kit like Wednesday or sumthing, I was just wondering if you guys knew of any like write-up or how-to just to make it easier you know? I heard it doesnt take to long. The rear was pretty easy. Well let me know or if you have any words of advice, let me know. TIA

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?, fasterGS, Dec-10-02 04:34 AM, #1
RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?, TeamXtremeRS, Dec-11-02 10:25 AM, #2
RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?, zhr420, Dec-11-02 08:57 PM, #3
      RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-12-02 09:02 AM, #4
           RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?, TeamXtremeRS, Dec-12-02 11:46 AM, #5
                RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?, xEclipsE RaceRx, Dec-13-02 06:43 PM, #6

fasterGSDec-10-02 04:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14157, "RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"
In response to Reply # 0

Ive seen it done and its all looks pretty self explanatory.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamXtremeRSDec-11-02 10:25 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14158, "RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"
In response to Reply # 0

Raise each front wheel at a time, being sure the wheel comes off the ground. Leave the wheel on the car. Take off the two nuts on top of the strut tower, they are the ones that hold on the two upper control arm "legs"/ bushing assmeblies. Once those nuts are off, you can grip the upper controll arm and push down on it, trying to get the "legs" out of those holes, the ones you just took off the nuts from. Once those are out of the holes, the whole entire wheel assembly can drop downward, and then you want to swing the two legs of the control arm outward, so as you see them facing you, and rest it ontop of the tire. Then just take off each bolt that holds on the control arm bushing, then remove the bushing/leg. The Ingalls kit will completely replace the leg/bushings. Install the new ingalls bushings/legs, being sure the adjustment slider is at its most negative setting (you wont need full or much postive adjustment if you got the +3 degree kits). Repeat for the other control arm bushing, and then put it all back together, reverse of removal. Do the other side. GO GET AN ALIGNMENT!! Then you are done.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

zhr420Dec-11-02 08:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#14159, "RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"
In response to Reply # 2

will the dudes who do the allignment know how to adjust the camber?
later
"Z"

xEclipsE RaceRxDec-12-02 09:02 AM
2982 posts,
#14160, "RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"
In response to Reply # 3

Man I over torqued one of my ingalls camber kit and the diamn screw broke...i dont know what to do? Its still on the car, its the screw at the very bottom that keeps it from adjusting...its only one of them. And you said to keep it at the most negative it could go, well which way do i slide it to keep it negative?

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

TeamXtremeRSDec-12-02 11:46 AM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
#14161, "RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"
In response to Reply # 4

>Man I over torqued one of my ingalls camber kit and the
>diamn screw broke...i dont know what to do? Its still on the
>car, its the screw at the very bottom that keeps it from
>adjusting...its only one of them. And you said to keep it at
>the most negative it could go, well which way do i slide it
>to keep it negative?
>

man i dont know what to tell you there about the bolt. Those are pretty thick bolts too. May have to drill it out or may even have to get a new one...not sure. As for the most negative setting thing. Easiest way to describe it: By making the wheel tilt outward like this
\ or the tip of the tire goes toward you, means positive camber. When the tire tilts inward, like this /, thats negative camber. So you want to push the slider adjusters to the most negative setting, mostly for a base setting, so the alignment guy can then get it to where it needs to be. He will loosen it, and pull the tire back outward, or add "positive camber". More importantly, which ingalls camber kit did you get?? They make 2 diff ones for our cars. One only can adjust for up to 1 full degree or so, the other one, can go from +1.25 to +3 degrees. Thats the one i have. I say to make it all the way negative because if i slid out the adjuster/wheel any more than the +1.25 setting, the outer edge of the upper control arm would hit the inner fender well, right where that lip of the control arm rides into. YOu will see what i mean if you look at it. IF you have the 1 degree kit, you will be just fine with that, no worry about hitting anything there. Be SURE to mention to the alignment tech that you have adjustable camber kits on the front. They *should see it there, but you never know these days. DONT drive the car around with only that one bolt tightended either. I wouldnt want to find out what can happen if you did...

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

xEclipsE RaceRxDec-13-02 06:43 PM
2982 posts,
#14162, "RE: Installing front camber kit this week, any write ups to make it easier?"
In response to Reply # 5

Hey Thanks Man I really appreciate all the info. As for the broken camber kit, I ordered another one for $65, I havent drove my car for a week cuz my rear tires are unwravling. I have a procrastinating problem, I never did install my camber kit until this, so...Im waiting till i recieve my camber kit, then Im going to install that and put my new Falkin tires on. I really appreciate your help man. Thanks. You deserve a star

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #14156 Previous topic | Next topic