Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13745
View in linear mode

Subject: "*Trying* to do my brakes, but some Q's?" Previous topic | Next topic
tenmileNov-28-02 05:01 AM
Member since Jun 01st 2002
88 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13745, "*Trying* to do my brakes, but some Q's?"

Alright, i'm *trying* to do my brakes, but i've got some questions...
a.) i found this site, and since i know we've got sliding pin calipers, is this write up fairly accurate (it's for chrysler, but should be same, right?) http://www3.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/0c/64/c2/0900823d800c64c2.jsp
b.) does anyone know the specs of the stock rotor? I want to measure it w/a micrometer to see if i need new rotors of if this one will last a while longer (don't want to spend more then i have to).
c.) The new pads didn't come with any retaining clips or anything of the sort; just the pads....can i just reuse the old ones, or do i even need them at all?
Thanks!!!

Mack
'97 GS
-Flowmaster 40 Deltaflow w/3" tip
-Autometer Bezel pod w/Autometer Phantom Oil Pressure & Voltmeter
-F/R Strut Bars
-K&N Drop-in w/Drilled airbox
-Kenwood 716S HU + 10Disc w/Infinity Reference 6x9" (R) 5 1/4" (F)
-Door chime mod, Power Antenna mod, scrape-the-front-bumper-cover-too-much mod

Mack
'97 GS
-Flowmaster 40 Deltaflow w/3" tip
-Autometer Bezel pod w/Autometer Phantom Oil Pressure & Voltmeter
-F/R Strut Bars
-K&N Drop-in w/Drilled airbox
-Kenwood 716S HU + 10Disc w/Infinity Reference 6x9" (R) 5 1/4" (F)
-Door chime mod, Power

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fasterGSNov-28-02 05:06 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13746, "RE: *Trying* to do my brakes, but some Q's?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yeah, that website is fairly accurate. Brakes are brakes...

I don't know the rotor specs off the top of my head but I am sure they would be pretty easy to find.

And just re-use the old shims. They should be fine. Just pay attention to how you take things apart because its the exact opposite putting it back together

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

juggaloNov-28-02 06:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13747, "RE: *Trying* to do my brakes, but some Q's?"
In response to Reply # 1

front brake disc thickness-- standard value:24mm limit:22.4mm

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13745 Previous topic | Next topic