Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13687
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stock spring color?" Previous topic | Next topic
420AYENov-25-02 05:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13687, "Stock spring color?"

What is the color of the stock springs?

Having Problems? Heres my Three step solution to anything 2gnt related.
Step 1: Put down everything in your hands.
Step 2: Grab a lucky strike, Smoke it.
Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.
If not. Go here: here

If still nothing, your trying to hard. Start over at step 1.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stock spring color?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Nov-25-02 06:00 AM, #1
RE: Stock spring color?, SILVERNT, Nov-25-02 06:23 AM, #2
      RE: Stock spring color?, fasterGS, Nov-25-02 07:51 AM, #3
           RE: Stock spring color?, 420AYE, Nov-25-02 08:05 AM, #4
                RE: Stock spring color?, 9D9 MITSU RS, Nov-25-02 08:20 AM, #5
                     RE: Stock spring color?, 420AYE, Nov-25-02 11:03 AM, #6
                          RE: Stock spring color?, fasterGS, Nov-25-02 11:48 AM, #7
                               RE: Stock spring color?, 420AYE, Nov-26-02 09:08 AM, #8
                               RE: Stock spring color?, Doug96GS, Nov-26-02 01:39 PM, #9
                                    RE: Stock spring color?, Dirty, Nov-29-02 10:32 AM, #10

9D9 MITSU RSNov-25-02 06:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13688, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 0

black I think.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SILVERNTNov-25-02 06:23 AM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#13689, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 1

yup, black

fasterGSNov-25-02 07:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13690, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 2

LOL... I dunno. Whatever color dust and dirt is

420AYENov-25-02 08:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#13691, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 3

sweet.lol, because i bought my car off ebay from florida. and i didn't even know it was lowered. i could tell just by looking at the car, and it was pretty low. in the ad it didn' say anything about being lowered, just said it had nice wheels. it also didn't say it had z rated tires or say it had 16" ALT's. anyone ever heard of those? and i wonder how i can tell what brand springs i got on. and how low they are....HEY! i'm gonna go check them out, all i know about them is they are red. maybe they are coil overs hehe!

Step 3: Walk to the fridge, double fist some keystone ice, sit down in the shade, drink one beer, finish cigarette, drink other beer, roll a joint, smoke it, walk back to your problem, and in about 5 minutes the solution will come to you.

9D9 MITSU RSNov-25-02 08:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#13692, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 4

eibach pro kits are a gun metal/ black pearl color. When I had sportlines- they were red. Probably eibachs. They are popular.

420AYENov-25-02 11:03 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#13693, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 5

can i see some installed pics of these? cuz i want to compare'em. unless there is a way to tell a difference.and they aren't coil overs. and is it normal for the left side to be slightly lower than the right? and my struts make a clunking sound sometimes. isnt' this because they aren't the right sizefor the springs?

fasterGSNov-25-02 11:48 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3879 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13694, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 6

It is fairly normal for the drivers side of the car to be lower than the passenger side. Many theories as to why this is, most say because of the extra weight of the battery and driver on that side.

420AYENov-26-02 09:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2850 posts,
#13695, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 7

you know what that celica reminds me of? looks like someone took that picture in painshop and used the stretch or smear tool and smeared the lights and windows......WEIRD. yeah, that battery is freakin heavy. how much do drycells weigh?

Doug96GSNov-26-02 01:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2686 posts,
#13696, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 7

>It is fairly normal for the drivers side of the car to be
>lower than the passenger side. Many theories as to why this
>is, most say because of the extra weight of the battery and
>driver on that side.

Not to mention the added weight of the driver since most people drive by themselves.

DirtyNov-29-02 10:32 AM
Member since May 08th 2002
1405 posts,
#13697, "RE: Stock spring color?"
In response to Reply # 9

It's not the battery because mine is in my spare tire well and it still sits like that even when there is nobody inside.

"Natty Ride"

http://dirty.thisfreedumb.com/

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13687 Previous topic | Next topic