Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1365
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rattling in back suspension area?" Previous topic | Next topic
Nitrous_RS1997Mar-27-01 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1311 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1365, "Rattling in back suspension area?"

My friend is having a problem with his 1998 RS. it has tokico struts and suspension techniques springs. but it was doing this before he had the struts/springs changed. everytime it goes over a bump, there is a thumping sound from the back area. the car was put on a lift and we looked everything over, and it seems everything "looks" alright. could this be because he hasnt had an alignment? it sounds just like something thumping under the car when he hits a small, abrupt bump, it makes a little squeek sound also(might be the hatch but i dont think so) any help or opinions are greatly appreciated.

1997 Eclipse RS
75-shot Nitrous Express(wet)
AEM CAI
Greddy EVO Exhaust
NGK Plugs&Wires(one range colder)
Front/Rear Upper Strut bars
Eibach Pro-Kit springs
Tokico Struts
17" Konig Imagines
Yokohama A520's
http://www.TeamKLR.com

1997 Silver RS
Built
T3/T4 BB Turbo
20psi
Most current 1/8th mile time: 8.1@93mph 2.015 60'
1996 Black Supra TT
2004 Silver Snake

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

99_GSMar-27-01 09:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
100 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1366, "RE: Rattling in back suspension area?"
In response to Reply # 0

hmm from under the car.. I don't know.. I know I use to hear a bumping as well sometimes.. and it turned out to be that stupid little light in the HAtch window.. it's not conected at the top so if I hit a bump just right it pops the window and sound like something popped up and hit my car.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1365 Previous topic | Next topic