Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13303
View in linear mode

Subject: "Rotors hold up to small fire" Previous topic | Next topic
TeamDeanoDNov-11-02 07:25 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1099 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13303, "Rotors hold up to small fire"

Well I was out racing Saturday evening and did multiple 1000ft and 1/4 mile runs. The shutdown area was fairly short and was a good place to test my new brakes.

Consider this, the only thing different in my setup is the cryo treated rotors. I ended up getting the rotors glowing red and the pads caught fire. It went out shortly after I made a cooling pass. The brakes never faded once and the rotors are not warped the slightest bit.

The cryo treated brembo rotors grab hard even when they are hot. My untreated brembo rotors never did that. I could always feel them starting to fade on me at extreme temps. I have not experienced any brake fade even when they were glowing red/on fire.

I am using the same pads on both setups. Hawk HP Plus/RRE stainless lines. I did swap to ATE Super blue racing brake fluid(Dot 4). I was using a Dot 5.1 brake fluid with similar boiling point, so this should not make any difference.

I believe it is true that after they are treated, the molecular structure actually changes and the metal becomes harder and more resistant to extreme temps.

Just some info for you......do what you will.

BTW: A modded 2002 SS w/LS1 and I raced from 70-145 and he only pulled a car length. I actually pulled half a length in 3rd and then he got his car length while I was in 4th. Above 145 he was pulling away slowly and I shut it down. LS1 with cold air/whisper lid/exhaust cutout and gears. I did have a few other kills, but this was the best rolling race of the night. No need to reply on the race, wrong section to post. Just thought I would share.

Gotta love this cool weather.

97 RS(PTE SC-61, Built Long Block, Electromotive Tec 3)It's Here!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13303 Previous topic | Next topic