Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13032
View in linear mode

Subject: "? about a brake upgrade !" Previous topic | Next topic
EclipsesleeperOct-28-02 11:21 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2002
2 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13032, "? about a brake upgrade !"

I have a 95 GS. I was wanting to know if The Calipers off a 3000gt or a VR4 will fit my car without any crazy mods. I was going to buy the AEM brake up grade to upgrade the size of my rotors and I wanted to see if The calipers from one of these cars will fit . This will same me alot of money instead of buying a complete brake kit . I also like the way the Calipers say Mitsubishi on them .... Any info would be helpful.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

pn0ymahalOct-29-02 01:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13033, "RE: ? about a brake upgrade !"
In response to Reply # 0

with those calipers you got to do some work to get them to work.. my cousin knows exactly if he pops in... but i would just get the 95-99gsx front calipers better ..duel piston, and get some mm front pads or better yet r4-s pads, powerslot rotors and some ss lines... should be no more then 300 if even that... i got this setup and its nice. =)and it all bolt on... hmm if you got 17s or bigger rims you can replace the powrslot rotors and get the aem front rotors... for the rear just change them to disc if they are not already..
cool

Michael 99gs
HRC Stage 2
Stage 3 process begins anyone got a 420a block thats not spun/head for sale?

http://www.dreamwater.net/purplebeast

Michael
99gs hrc stage 5000 SOLD...
2004 Honda Accord V6 (240 hp)stock
what other car should i buy?? hmmm
Car info & pictures at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/520269

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KarlOct-29-02 05:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
289 posts,
#13034, "RE: ? about a brake upgrade !"
In response to Reply # 1

Yea, Mike (pn0ymahal) is right that 3000GT/Stealth TT calieprs are going to difficult to put in your 2G. First off, this will NOT be a bolt on operation. 1G and 2G AWD's came stock with 16" wheels while 3000GT/Stealth TT's came with 17s. Two different brakes came with the 3KGT VR-4. The 91-93 had smaller rotors while the 94+ had larger rotors that cannot clear the stock wheels of the 91-93. However, all years had Brembo calipers. Since the 3KGT and DSMs do not share the same axles, differentials, shafts, etc., it is goign to be difficult to do this swap. You will need to grind the spindle off the 3GKT in order to use the DSM hub. You are looking at a lot of man hours and possibly lots of $$. If you want bigger brakes than the Big Brake Upgrade, then go out and buy better brakes than the 3GKT, like Wilwood, Baer, or AEM. Good luck.

Karl
97 GS
04 BMW 330i ZHP

ModeratorVX100Oct-29-02 01:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#13035, "RE: ? about a brake upgrade !"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, the 3000GT calipers are cool but it's supposedly tough to get them to fit. The GSX calipers are easier to fit, and it's probably a better idea to stick with them.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

HadesOmegaOct-29-02 01:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#13036, "RE: ? about a brake upgrade !"
In response to Reply # 2

VR4 is not bolton

you can use DPCs from the following cars:
3000GT SL (the base model)
GSX
Galant VR4
Diamante

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

EclipsesleeperOct-29-02 11:47 PM
Member since Oct 29th 2002
2 posts,
#13037, "RE: ? about a brake upgrade !"
In response to Reply # 0

Thank you all for all the info . I have 18s , so I will go with a eam big brake upgrade and fins some gsx calipers. Thanks again .
Anyone looking to buy a set of TYC Altezzas ,only 2months old , bought the same set but in carbon F .

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #13032 Previous topic | Next topic