Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1299
View in linear mode

Subject: "H&R springs, Good or bad?" Previous topic | Next topic
nick95rs (Guest)Mar-25-01 03:21 PM

#1299, "H&R springs, Good or bad?"

I would like to lower my car just a little bit. I saw that H&R makes springs that are supose to be a very sutle lowering. I don't want to go any lower than slightly over an inch. It says they will lower it about an inch. I want them more for performance than looks. I just wanted to know anyones experiance or coments on this, or any other springs that would work for what i want. Thanks in advance.

Nick

95 RS
Energy suspention motor mount inserts
Custom CAI
AFX pulley
Magnaflow Muffler
f/r Upper strut bars
3000GT rims with 225/50's
RRE lower bar on order
Accel 8mm plug wires

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Teameclipse804Mar-25-01 03:54 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1300, "RE: H&R springs, Good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi, I have the H&R Sport springs (which are the subtle ones you are talking about - the Race springs go lower). The ride is pretty good and I'm very happy with them. The front seems to be a little bit lower than the 1.5" drop though (but it might have to do with the fact that I have the shorter KYB shocks in front). I'm gonna sell my H&R Sports in a week or so after I install my coilovers. Please email me at eclipse804@hotmail.com if you want them. Thanks.

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamStan2gntMar-25-01 04:11 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1301, "RE: H&R springs, Good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 1

A 1.5" drop sounds like their sport springs. They also have a spring called o.e. sport or something to that affect which only drops cars 0.5-1" max but I'm not sure if they have a DSM application for those.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

nick95rs (Guest)Mar-26-01 09:48 AM

#1302, "RE: H&R springs, Good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 2

The OE sport springs are the ones i was talking about. They have them listed for our car in their site. I want to lower it some, but i'm woried about scraping on everything around hear if i go too low.

Nick

95 RS
Energy suspention motor mount inserts
Custom CAI
AFX pulley
Magnaflow Muffler
f/r Upper strut bars
3000GT rims with 225/50's
RRE lower bar on order
Accel 8mm plug wires
nick95rs@yahoo.com

TeamMuRiXMar-28-01 12:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1502 posts,
#1303, "RE: H&R springs, Good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 3

I have the H&R sports. I did see the ones you are talking about and thought about it, but it would almost leave too much wheel gap and nont be stiff enoughf or what I wanted. Something to consider is how much you scrape stock anyway, I do not think it is that much more if you get slightly lower springs. Why? They are stiffer. Go for the Pro-Kit's. They will maintain a lot of the stock ride and not lower too much, but enough to get rid of a lot of that wheel gap.

MuRiX
97 Eclipse GS HRC Stage II
And a whole lot of other mods...
89 Accord LSi - yes it's mine
http://murix.home.icq.com/index.html

05 Mazda RX-8
06 Lotus Elise

2GXTASYMar-29-01 05:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#1304, "RE: H&R springs, Good or bad?"
In response to Reply # 4

How much gap will be left with pro-kits and 225/45ZR17 tires?

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #1299 Previous topic | Next topic