Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12944
View in linear mode

Subject: "How much did it cost you to lower your car???" Previous topic | Next topic
pfmicksOct-24-02 02:35 AM
Member since Oct 10th 2002
1349 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12944, "How much did it cost you to lower your car???"

Seems to be adding up a bit...springs, shocks, camber kit...

Where did you buy your shocks from? and Around how much for them?
I'm pretty much decided on the springs I want to get.

Thanks guys...

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, mcgyvr, Oct-24-02 03:05 AM, #1
RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, mcgyvr, Oct-24-02 03:06 AM, #2
RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, flossinpnoyracer, Oct-24-02 06:36 AM, #3
      RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, xEclipsE RaceRx, Oct-24-02 07:39 AM, #4
           RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, BuckNutty, Oct-24-02 03:44 PM, #5
                RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, chill215, Oct-25-02 01:00 AM, #6
                     RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, Mystic511, Oct-25-02 01:51 AM, #7
                          RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, Matt97RS, Oct-25-02 05:41 AM, #8
                               RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, Jen, Oct-25-02 07:04 AM, #9
                                    RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, proDMD, Oct-27-02 11:12 AM, #10
                                         RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, 9D9 MITSU RS, Oct-27-02 12:00 PM, #11
                                              RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, Teameclipse804, Oct-27-02 12:17 PM, #12
                                                   RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, Z87RSMan, Oct-27-02 01:57 PM, #13
                                                        RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, Ryan_RS, Oct-29-02 04:56 AM, #14
                                                             RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, 1TuffRS, Oct-29-02 10:27 AM, #15
                                                                  RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, bstnsportsfan, Oct-29-02 12:45 PM, #16
                                                                       RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, PowerEclipses, Oct-29-02 01:43 PM, #17
                                                                            RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, SILVERNT, Oct-29-02 03:06 PM, #18
                                                                                 RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, pfmicks, Oct-29-02 03:52 PM, #19
                                                                                      RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, SonicYan, Oct-31-02 04:56 AM, #20
RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???, mrlocalpimp, Oct-31-02 06:01 PM, #21

mcgyvrOct-24-02 03:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#12945, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 0

475 for koni yellows (I think cant remember)
150 for the maxspeed coilover kit
15 bucks for the rear camber mod
lowered 1.5" and more and you will need a front camber kit and the front end will be trashed.

Time spent on the install
3 hours (my first time)
its pretty easy, the only hard part is if something is stuck and rusted
The back took me only 30 minutes, the front 2.5 hours cause the sway bar end links are a pain to get off, So I didnt take them off and managed to loosen everything up enough that I could slide the old shock out and slide the new setup in

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrOct-24-02 03:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#12946, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 1

sorry forgot
got the konis from shox.com
got the maxspeeds from dreamspeed2.com

you will need to do a little grinding of the top hat to the coilovers and the rings that slip over the shock to get the whole assembly to fit

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

flossinpnoyracerOct-24-02 06:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
#12947, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 2

$550 shipped illuminas and eibach prokit $60 bucks installed
$150 ingalls camber kits +$20 for install
$65 alignment

1999 GST

1997 RS

xEclipsE RaceRxOct-24-02 07:39 AM
Member since Jan 09th 2002
2982 posts,
#12948, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 3

Lets see...
-H&R SportLines $110 shipped
-Tokico Blues $180 shipped
-Ingalls Front/Rear Camber Kit $210 shipped
TOTAL: $500
Took 5 hrs to install and I have yet to put on my front camber kit and get an alignment.

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition
Check Out My Site For Pix
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/EclipseRaceR/MyEclipse/

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 10th Anniversary OZ Edition

BuckNuttyOct-24-02 03:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7235 posts,
#12949, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 4

Skunk2 Coil Overs - 265 shipped
KYB GR2 Struts - 200 shipped
Getting car aligned soon, so keep this space for camber kit prices
And saved monies by doin all the work myself

chill215Oct-25-02 01:00 AM
Member since Mar 15th 2002
36 posts,
#12950, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 5

OK, Here we go, this was the most expensive mod for my car as of yet.
The fist problem was there is no place around me that would lower my car. I live in a apartment (no garage) every shop i call said we will not install parts that you buy and bring in and we can't get that, anyway to make a long long story short, I took it to belle tire, they had the car for 4 DAYS!!!! I got it back last night and I love it!!!
IT DRIVES STRAIGHT!, ok here is the painful break down...
pro kit $318
Camber kit $129
misc. susp. $129
sensa track struts $275
total parts = $851

labor = $220
alignment = $75
tax = $ 51.60

TOTAL = $1,196.60

I know, I know,

Mystic511Oct-25-02 01:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1582 posts,
#12951, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 6

I did all my ordering from shox.com

Eibach Pro-kits: 190
Tokico Illuminas: 280 ish
15 dollar camber mod: 16

Alignment: 50
Broken toe assemblies: 70 bucks for replacement parts
Labor for broken toe assemblies: 100 bucks.

Total: 700 around? Too lazy to count.

Don't forget miscellaneous stuff you'll have to buy like spring compressors and vice grip pliars and WD-40. That ran me about 50 bucks.

16.1 @ 87.11
http://www.virtuallyinfamous.com

ARD 57mm tb and p&p manifold, Neuspeed STB, Pro-kits, Illuminas, Injen CAI with K&N, 2.5" pacesetter catback,
AF/X UDP, Rear STB, Powerslot rotors, RRE SS Brakelines.

Matt97RSOct-25-02 05:41 AM
Member since May 26th 2002
315 posts,
#12952, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 7

Autozone rents those compressors out fo free, that will save you, and the guy that paid the 1100 , OW, you should have ordered the prokit, can get it for 170 Shipped easily, not 300 somethin... but if your happy, i guess thats all that matters

Speed Kills... Buy a Honda and live forever

JenOct-25-02 07:04 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2349 posts,
#12953, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 8

H&R Race springs $100 installed
Tokico Illuminas $340 from Shox.com

I also bought a camber kit, but nobody seems to know how to install it or what to even do with it so I need to get a new one.

Would you count in the tires I've wasted because of the bad camber?

-1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS-T
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
-1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

proDMDOct-27-02 11:12 AM
Old School 2GNTer
580 posts,
#12954, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 9

brand new KYB AGX 4/8 $200 thanks to a fellow 2gnter
prokit used $150
RRE camber kit $40
4 wheel alignment $60
labor by me and only me..free!
full can of wd-40 $4 bucks
Total = $454 not to shabby if I say so myself

looks great and handles and rides even better but as I say to everyone the AGX are only good for drops no more than the prokit!

AFX/UDP,AEM,AF/X 55mm TB,50 shot of NOS,Glenn's short shifter,17" tantrum,prokit KYB AGX,JL stealthbox sony headunit,audiobahn amp,M3 style mirrors,Blue leds,yellow fogs,reverse ind,w

9D9 MITSU RSOct-27-02 12:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
#12955, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 10

pro kit- $200 (sportlines b4)
illuminas 400
rre rear camber kit 45
front strut bar- 25
rear 25
wheels and tires- 1350 (to fill in fender wells) < did this 1st tho
and cost of tools if u don't have them.
Total= 695 w/o rims and tires
2045 with rims and tires
plus cost of an alignment.

Teameclipse804Oct-27-02 12:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#12956, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 11

4 skunk2 coilovers - 275
4 kyb gr-2 shocks - 150
lifetime alignment - 100
front upper strut bar - 30
rre lower tie bar - free thanks to rre
labor (me and kaiser) - free
-------
total - 555

That's still a lot imo...too bad we don't have civics that can use stock shocks and coilovers and ride smoother than our cars with springs/shocks.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Z87RSManOct-27-02 01:57 PM
Member since Mar 07th 2002
2188 posts,
#12957, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 12

Illumina - $380 from coximports.com
Pro Kit - $200 from coximports.com
Eibach Front Alignment Kit - $86 from Tirerack.com
$15 rear camber mod - $10 from local hardware

Total - $676

All installed by me and my dad. Didn't take long. Air tools are SWEET

Luke

1998 Mustang GT 5-speed
2002 Lone Star Shelby Cobra Replica

Ryan_HesOct-29-02 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3450 posts,
#12958, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 13

H&R Sport Springs: $200
KYB GR-2 Struts: $200
Ingalls Camber Cor.: $130

Total: $530

Ryan
IRyanHester@Hotmail.com

'03 Mazda 6s

1TuffRSOct-29-02 10:27 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#12959, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 14

well Im not close to being finished with my suspension, but the grand total so far is $25! Thats right, I got my springs used for a price I couldnt pass up

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

bstnsportsfanOct-29-02 12:45 PM
26 posts,
#12960, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 15

Seems like most people spent between $500-600 with the one person spending 1100!!! Thats a lot! I see no one has the Tein SS suspension, that goes for $1000, is it worth it? I will need to lower my car eventually.

Chris
98 Eclipse RS

Chris
98 Eclipse RS

PowerEclipsesOct-29-02 01:43 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3215 posts,
#12961, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 16

you can lower your car on stock suspension... and have it still ride good, our car has pretty good suspension from stock acutally.. KYB shocks and lower that on eibach pro kit for 230-240... do it your self and you will need a 4 wheel alighnment so you could do it under 350

Boca Raton, Florida
95 Eclipse GS- sold
99 Eclipse GSX- 386awhp
98 Eclipse GS- sold
92 Prelude

SILVERNTOct-29-02 03:06 PM
Member since Oct 05th 2002
4543 posts,
#12962, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 17

i will be definately getting the TEIN SS coilover setup as soon as i get some more money. wont be till spring or summer when i get it all done, but i will keep all posted when i start getting the parts
later
chris

pfmicksOct-29-02 03:52 PM
1349 posts,
#12963, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 18

Thanks for all the responses guys. Gosh I love this site!!

User banned for scamming members on 2GNT, WIDSM, and CHITOWNDSM. This user and his brother Jason Ames have been involved with theft of parts from other DSM members. This individual is not trustworthy and should not be involved in any type of sale.

SonicYanOct-31-02 04:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1560 posts,
#12964, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 19

Tokico Blues + Eibach Sportlines + Free Installation(Used from Sd_EcLipse) = 250
NAPA rear camber kit (Free from Sd_EcLipse)
RRE Front Camber kit + Installation = 160
Two alignments done = 140.

Total = 550. Could have been cheaper if I only had one alignment done.

SonicYan aka Mikey
1997 Eclipse RS
Pinoy Reppin' SoCal 2GNT
Best: 16.35 @ 83.05 MPH

mrlocalpimpOct-31-02 06:01 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4518 posts,
#12965, "RE: How much did it cost you to lower your car???"
In response to Reply # 1

it cost me $99 from dropzones on ebay. cheap things, and a shitty install. but you just wanted the price i paid.

I got banned for being a constant tard.

Top 2GNT Technical Handling/Suspension topic #12944 Previous topic | Next topic